Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I don't mind who we get, any team at this stage is going to be a challenge. I'd rather we progress as far as we can in the tournament by proving ourselves and beating the best teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The more I think about it the more I don't want Roma, still no easy ties at this stage, at least we can't draw Liverpool.

The atmosphere in their stadium for their home leg would be immense, imo. The noise during the Barca game was phenomenal, and considering how long it's been since Roma were in these stages, the history of the club, the momentum now behind them... They'll be well up for it. It would be a massive feat to come out of that with a result.

Imagine the spectacle that both legs would bring, though? You'd have cracking atmosphere at both games, two teams of huge tradition coming together, and a great style of football played by both.

For the neutrals, that's the tie you want tbh. It would be an amazing football experience, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

I would worry about Roma they will know Salah very well
    Conversely Salah knows Roma very well! They have a great goalkeeper, are very strong across midfield and Dzeko might bully Lovren but they have Kolarov at left back!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Nice air of lunacy settling in here ala four year's ago. It's great to be playing truly relevant games in late April!

And the best thing is that even if we fall short again, as we did 4 years ago, thee is hopefully a much lower chance of it all falling apart next season, as it did so spectacularly after that last nearly season. We might end up winning nothing under Klopp, but we will be in the relevant frame for prizes at least thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I hope to hell we don't get an Italian Referee in either semi unless we are playing Madrid then it's probably 70/30 that he will give 50/50's towards us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Showing the Tony Yeboah goal on Sky now comparing it to the Navas goal last night. The Leeds one broke my heart and now I'm thinking of Mark Viduka scoring 4 against us. Thanks SSN.

Top 4 and Champions League semi final I would have taken that all day long at the start of the season.

Great progression for the club under Klopp after all the steps back under Roy then the step forward under Kenny before the step back the the big jump forward under Rodgers & Luis :) before the even bigger jump back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

They should get Harry Kane to do the CL Semi Final draw just for sheer meme potential alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Showing the Tony Yeboah goal on Sky now comparing it to the Navas goal last night. The Leeds one broke my heart and now I'm thinking of Mark Viduka scoring 4 against us. Thanks SSN.

Worse still, Paddy Berger did his knee trying to stop Viduka for his third goal, and was never the same player! Ultimately retired due to persistent knee problems...

If Southampton are relegated are we allowed to sign their players? It's difficult to see where they are going to get 9 or more points from. Even if Big Sam and Everton are in a generous mood they are still only guaranteed 3 points from a possible 18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Talisman wrote: »
    If Southampton are relegated are we allowed to sign their players? It's difficult to see where they are going to get 9 or more points from. Even if Big Sam and Everton are in a generous mood they are still only guaranteed 3 points from a possible 18.

They're not gone yet, they have a game in hand on some of the teams they are battling against

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Who would you sign? Seems like we've exhausted that resource.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I don't mind who we get, any team at this stage is going to be a challenge. I'd rather we progress as far as we can in the tournament by proving ourselves and beating the best teams.
    Personally I'd like to get Bayern, simply because we haven't played them competitively in nearly 40 years. Before anyone says anything, a European Super Cup win is nice to have but it's not really a competition.

Who would you want? Maybe Ward-Prowse, has potential to do much better?

klose wrote: »
    Lemina and Ward-Prowse are the two players I like.

Yeah. The 3-4 times I seen Southampton this year I was thinking Lemina.

They're not gone yet, they have a game in hand on some of the teams they are battling against
    The game in hand is away to Swansea and they also have the distraction of the FA Cup Semi-Final.

Chelsea (H)
    Leicester (A)
    Chelsea - FA Cup Semi-Final
    Bournemouth (H)
    Everton (A)
    Swansea (A)
    Man City (H)

Leicester and Everton are the teams most likely to go easy on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

klose wrote: »
    Lemina and Ward-Prowse are the two players I like.

Is Lemina that good? I haven't really watched then but he had an awful game recently going by the MOTD highlights.

I think it was Newcastle away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Dickerty wrote: »
    The chimp? Hmm...

Any any team with Ronaldo, Isco, Modric, Bale, Benzema, Kroos and Asensio in attack is not a team to take lightly...

Ronaldo (Nothing more than the greatest poacher in the game these days, can be handled)
    Isco (not sure about him, haven't seen him enough)
    , Modric (passed it),
    Bale (nah, overrated)
    , Benzema (passed it)
    , Kroos (dangerous)
    and Asensio (dunno)

All in all, well beatable as JUve showed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Ronaldo (Nothing more than the greatest poacher in the game these days, can be handled)
    , Modric (passed it),
    Bale (nah, overrated)
    , Benzema (passed it)
    , Kroos (dangerous)
    and Asensio (dunno)

Juve lost?

And you are being a big Jinxy McBadluck by making that comment on Ronaldo. You'll have the Hoards o' Ronnie down on top of us if Liverpool get Madrid and he puts us out.

Madrid is the last team that I want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ruben Neves has been brillant at Wolves.

Can't see us signing him though since we never sign Jorge Mendes players. Wolves will struggle to keep him.

rgace wrote: »
    Is Lemina that good? I haven't really watched then but he had an awful game recently going by the MOTD highlights.

I think it was Newcastle away.
    He breaks up play better than any of our midfielders and he can pass the ball better. He's not a goal scorer but he's definite upgrade for the midfield when Can is gone. He has also been playing with an ankle injury since November so he's a tough cookie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

MelodicFlusteredGilamonster-max-14mb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MelodicFlusteredGilamonster-max-14mb.gif

Thanks for embedding that for me Toby;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Does anyone know who they were actually waving at?? They showed Rush on the TV afterwards but i dont know why he would elicit those big smiles from klopp and the two lads.

Actually, another thing.... i was hoping they were going to do the " german hold hands thing" to the crowd, like they did for the 2-2 WBA game.. when they got slaughtered for doing so. Would have been a nice touch to show how far this team has come in two years, but also no matter who you're playing the principles remain the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

So Bournemouth then?

Would be handy to pick up 3 points here as I reckon we will rest a fair few players against West Brom before the first semi-final. Especially with that game being on the Sunday. Wonder will Salah play this weekend? Definitely felt like he wasn't quite at full fitness against City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Dickerty wrote: »
    The chimp? Hmm...

Any any team with Ronaldo, Isco, Modric, Bale, Benzema, Kroos and Asensio in attack is not a team to take lightly...

, Modric (passed it),
    Bale (nah, overrated)
    , Benzema (passed it)
    , Kroos (dangerous)
    and Asensio (dunno)

Ronaldo is the greatest player on the planet at the moment , Can be handled by who ?
    IF Madrid turn up they win ,you have to hope for an off day to have a chance,
    Lets not kid ourselves we are talking about the best club team in the world in knockout competition

Ronaldo is the greatest player on the planet at the moment , Can be handled by who ?
    Lets not kid ourselves we are talking about the best club team in the world in knockout competition

No he's not.

He is the greatest goal scorer that's all he isn't a team player Madrid are build to create chances for him nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Spurs beat them. Now where are they? Hanging around the back of the F.A building scrounging for goals.

Only joking, splurkers.

Sort of.

No he's not.

He is the greatest goal scorer that's all he isn't a team player Madrid are build to create chances for him nothing else.
    Whos been better in 2018 than Ronaldo ?
    He's been unreal 27 goals this calendar year ,best on the planet at the moment,

• Advertisement

David De Gea with his 5 million unbelievable saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Salah over the course of the season.

David De Gea with his 5 million unbelievable  saves.
    He is unreal but he is no Ronaldo ,
    Ronaldo dragging Real into the Champions league semi final , he is a machine, to doubt him is just crazy and stupid, Your possible the only person in the world right now who would say he can be handled,

Ronaldo dragging Real into the Champions league semi final , he is a machine, to doubt him is just crazy and stupid, Your possible the only person in the world right now who would say he can be handled,

Ronaldo did nothing in that game last night to drag his team into a semi final Juve shot themselves in the foot.

Crediting Ronaldo for that is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Ronaldo did nothing in that game last night to drag his team into a semi final Juve shot themselves in the foot.

he did in the first leg, he ran the show at times.

And 15 goals scored in the CL this season, no other Madrid player has more than 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I've already come to terms with the fact that we are going to have to beat both Real Madrid & Bayern Munich if we want to win this.

Wonder will Salah play this weekend? Definitely felt like he wasn't quite at full fitness against City.
    Klopp said he didn't train between the games because they wanted him to rest the affected muscle. Because he hadn't trained they didn't want him overexerting during the game. The fact that he was able to jog through the game and still finished off the tie is great.

He won a header at the back post at an unreal height and put it on a plate so much so the defender had no choice put to give away a peno ,then he fired said peno into the top corner,
    No one else on the pitch get's that header back down , unreal spring and control of the header
    ye he did nothing :)

FitzShane wrote: »
    I've already come to terms with the fact that we are going to have to beat both Real Madrid & Bayern Munich if we want to win this.
    We're probably best setup for taking on Bayern - the 3-0 mauling they received at the Allianz Arena in pre-season will play a part in the psychology of the tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

He won a header at the back post at an unreal height and put it on a plate so much so the defender had no choice put to give away a peno ,then he fired said peno into the top corner,
    No one else on the pitch get's that header back down , unreal spring and control of the header
    ye he did nothing :)

He headed the ball back down into the danger zone, beating a smaller man in the air. Great leap but nothing outstandingly good. It was a header, nothing to eulogise over. Mandzukic had two in the game and scored from them. No ones going OTT about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

We're probably best setup for taking on Bayern - the 3-0 mauling they received at the Allianz Arena in pre-season will play a part in the psychology of the tie.

Yeah but Jupp Heynckes is over them now. He wins pretty much every game (71 out of last 80 afaik). They have their league won too, and that can work 2 ways - freshness because they can rest players but momentum is lost.

I think that is something pretty big behind us at the moment, eh, momentum! Keep it going now at the weekend and another win closer to Top 4, another goal closer to Golden Boot for Salah and the rest of the lads hitting form wanting to play in a Champions League semi final, and hopefully final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No he's not.

Nonsense.

There is 0% chance Real play Bayern in Semi. 0% , and yet no one will question it.

It will be a case of warm balls and cold balls. Pick out a warm ball and pair it with a cold ball. Job done.

It will be a case of warm balls and cold balls. Pick out a warm ball and pair it with a cold ball. Job done.
    If there is any justice, then Roma and Livepool win and meet in the final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Forgot to mention bitter Didi was back again last night. Says we didnt play well over the two legs. Jasus the guy really is bitter that Klopp never gave him the call.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Just announced that Liverpool will compete in the International Champions Cup pre-season, alongside Barca, Real, Bayern, PSG etc.

My life's mantra...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

spockety wrote: »
    Just announced that Liverpool will compete in the International Champions Cup pre-season, alongside Barca, Real, Bayern, PSG etc.

Playing both Manchester teams in America

• Advertisement

spockety wrote: »

Our games are against Man U, Man City and Roma in that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement