Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Whereas I'm happy that we're here, I'm sure the team is mentally nowhere near happy until the thing is won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Shame really, I'd hoped to see that cheating, diving little prima donna CR crying at Anfield. :D

As hard as it'll be I'm happy with that draw.

Roll on the 24th :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

SlickRic wrote: »
    i love the butthurt. not only online, but even people in the office.

reactions ranging from a 'fix', to 'we have no excuse if we lose', to faking sincerity in wanting the team to do well.

so many rival fans don't know what to do.

they're all fúcking petrified that we might win this thing.

Yeah, hopefully this ends differently to 13/14 where we "blew it".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So are we the Tuesday/Wednesday game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Question - if we do win the whole thing, are we automaticaly seeded in the top pot for next year's group draw?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

So are we the Tuesday/Wednesday game?

Tuesday home leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

https://twitter.com/IanDoyleSport/status/984772586709180418

It's hard to shift the focus back to Bournemouth alright, for us fans anyway. Hopefully players won't have the same issues, but they are only human. It could be tough sledding.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Tuesday home leg

Awesome as I was working the Wednesday/Tuesday games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Question - if we do win the whole thing, are we automaticaly seeded in the top pot for next year's group draw?

I think that's just based on the coefficients, right?

I imagine getting this far has already given us a serious bump, but we've been out a long time and it's based over the previous 5 years or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Awesome as I was working the Wednesday/Tuesday games.

You need to think about a career change if this is going to become a regular occurance...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Yeah 5 but this year will replace 13/14 when we weren't in Europe so our points can only go up

Scratch that 13/14 will still be in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Drawing Roma is great.

Especially as it means our thread won't be inundated with CR7 nonsense at every turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Drawing Roma is great.

Especially as it means our thread won't be inundated with CR7 nonsense at every turn.

Yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know how Roma have done this season vs. Juve & Napoli?
    They beat Napoli 4-2 at the San Paolo last month. Napoli led 1-0 after 5 minutes and dominated possession and chances but they only scored their second in injury time at the end of the game. Roma were ruthless, 4 goals were scored from something like 8 shots on goal and 32% possession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The lost 7 league games this season and drew six,
    They have only let in 26 goals but only scored 50

There for since Christmas isn't great at all really
    Lost to Tornino, Juve,Atlanta,sampdoria, |Shakhatat , Milan Barcelonea, Forentina  and drew with Sassuolo, INter, Sampodira Bologna all since January so there not that great
    Atlanta ,Milan, Sampdoira , Forentina, all beat them in Rome in 2018

Seems the Barca first game is more there level than the second on,
    I think we have only lost to Man United & Swansea , Westbrom (fa cup) and drew with Everton  in that time frame ,Also a lot of our wins have been hammering teams ,
    Seria A is no where near the level of the Prem bar Juve,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

"City regularly competed in Europe during the 1970s with significant victories over Milan for example, but the struggles of the 1980s and 90's, together with the ban on English clubs following Heysel, meant European football was not possible until 2003..."

City won no trophies during these years, or indeed any years in the 1980s or 1990s. They finished no higher than fourteenth during the years of the Heysel ban. Little wonder the fans behave the way they do when they are fed with such outright lies.

Let's have a few quotes from their bit about Liverpool's European history while we're at it.
    "The Reds still consider themselves as European royalty, despite having featured little in the UEFA Champions League in the past eight years."

"The majority of that success(Liverpool's European Cups) was achieved in simpler times, when the competition unfolded in knock-out from start to finish and the superpowers were fewer."

So one give them a few tissues

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

City won no trophies during these years, or indeed any years in the 1980s or 1990s. They finished no higher than fourteenth during the years of the Heysel ban. Little wonder the fans behave the way they do when they are fed with such outright lies.

Who could forget the 15 year English club ban.
    I love the use of simpler times too :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Knex. wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/IanDoyleSport/status/984772586709180418

It's hard to shift the focus back to Bournemouth alright, for us fans anyway. Hopefully players won't have the same issues, but they are only human. It could be tough sledding.

We should have enough of a cushion, but I wouldn't want to be gong into the Chelsea game only 3-5 points ahead of them, potentially leaving us needing a win in the last home game against a time that might be fighting relegation when our players might be concerned with not getting injured for the final if we get there. Winning our next 2 games before the Roma game against Bournemouth and WBA would be great for that anyhow.

Lost to Tornino, Juve,Atlanta,sampdoria, |Shakhatat , Milan Barcelonea, Forentina  and drew with Sassuolo, INter, Sampodira Bologna all since January so there not that great
    They struggle without Dzeko up front and De Rossi in midfield - without the two of them Roma have been pretty average.

Talisman wrote: »
    They struggle without Dzeko up front and De Rossi in midfield - without the two of them Roma have been pretty average.
    fingers crossed we get our money back on VVD in this tie and he handles Dzeko

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Their form since Christmas isn't great at all really.
    Lost to Torino, Juve, Atalanta, Sampdoria, Shakhtar , Milan, Barcelona, Fiorentina  and drew with Sassuolo, Inter, Sampdoria, Bologna all since January so they're not that great.
    Atalanta ,Milan, Sampdoria , Fiorentina, all beat them in Rome in 2018

Sorry I just had to tidy up the spelling on these.

Bournemouth Pre Match Press Conference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Knex. wrote: »
    I think that's just based on the coefficients, right?

I imagine getting this far has already given us a serious bump, but we've been out a long time and it's based over the previous 5 years or something.
    Up to 25th according to this - https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html

Man City got 26 points 3 years ago so I think this includes the points for making the last 4 as we have 27 for this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Very excited about this draw.

Roma are a great side - always had a soft spot for them, Totti was a super player and that strip! - no sponsors always looks better.

It certainly won't be easy. I'm actually quite happy to have the home leg first, I hate the away goals rule hanging over you when the second leg is at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Talisman wrote: »
    Bournemouth Pre Match Press Conference

Don't think I can go back to premier league football now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Premier League really does almost feel like pre-season in comparison to Champions League right now. Hopefully Chelsea keep falling apart so we don't have to worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

So I happen to be in Rome for the second leg, how close to 0% chance do I have of getting my hands on a ticket in the away end? I havn't been to any Liverpool games so don't have any loyalty etc built up. I assume I have no chance through official routes? And finding Liverpool fans with extra tickets the day of and before might be my best route?

Two weeks ago I was hoping Lazio made it to the semi's of the EL and I could grab a ticket, how things have changed :pac:

Fromvert wrote: »
    So I happen to be in Rome for the second leg, how close to 0% chance do I have of getting my hands on a ticket in the away end? I havn't been to any Liverpool games so don't have any loyalty etc built up. I assume I have no chance through official routes? And finding Liverpool fans with extra tickets the day of and before might be my best route?

Two weeks ago I was hoping Lazio made it to the semi's of the EL and I could grab a ticket, how things have changed :pac:
    it'll be very very tuff but if you are there its worth a shot,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Will be interesting to see how we perform against Bournemouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can could be back for some game time yet, so too could Lallana. That would be good to have them available even with 2 games to go.

it'll be very very tuff but if you are there its worth a shot,

Yeah it's complete fluke I'll be there so it'll be worth a look around. Someone here got one for the City away game outside the ground so maybe I'll be lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Can could be back for some game time yet, so too could Lallana. That would be good to have them available even with 2 games to go.

He can play in the PL, not deserving of a spot in the CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

If that team had been able to play in Europe we would have a few European Cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Fromvert wrote: »
    Yeah it's complete fluke I'll be there so it'll be worth a look around. Someone here got one for the City away game outside the ground so maybe I'll be lucky.

That was me.

Best of luck with getting the ticket. Only advice would be to not wear any colours when you getting one off a tout (if you are in Rome and are getting it outside the ground); there is a stipulation on the back of the ticket that if you are wearing opposing fans colours from the section your in they can turf you out especially if they stiff you with a ticket for the Roma end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Tough tie but winnable. I expect the atmosphere to be on another level for the home semi final. Reckon it will top the atmosphere seen for the chelsea 05 game

Can you just imagine Hendo lifting old big ears it would be surreal after beating Madrid in the final

DrumSteve wrote: »
    That was me.

Best of luck with getting the ticket. Only advice would be to not wear any colours when you getting one off a tout (if you are in Rome and are getting it outside the ground); there is a stipulation on the back of the ticket that if you are wearing opposing fans colours from the section your in they can turf you out especially if they stiff you with a ticket for the Roma end.

Oh yeah I wouldn't be wearing any colours. Don't think I'd want one in the home end, sitting in silence and on my hands for two hours is no way to enjoy a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Can you just imagine Hendo lifting old big ears it would be surreal after beating Madrid in the final

Would be great but don't think Gary Lineker would agree to it.

I seen there Barca only won 1 of there 5 away games in Europe this year,
    They also been beat 4-0 by Psg and 3-0 by Juve 3-0 by Roma in the last 2 season,
    Messi is there only player to score away since September 2016 in Europe,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I didn't give a ****e who we form I just hoped we were away in the first leg.

Ah well. We fear nobody. Can't wait for the 2 legs.

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I didn't give a ****e who we form I just hoped we were away in the first leg.

Ah well. We fear nobody. Can't wait for the 2 legs.
    Normally id say second leg at home but with this attacking team it suits us to be away, If we win at Home teams have to come on to us and that is asking for us to get an away goal ,

I seen on the Liverpool website forum , A question would you prefer to lose in the semi or the final?
    Loads of people where saying semi, There is no way in hell id say semi, if you lose in the final at least you where there with a chance to win , we can't be afraid of defeat it comes with finals .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Normally id say second leg at home but with this attacking team it suits us to be away, If we win at Home teams have to come on to us and that is asking for us to get an away goal ,

You're dead right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

For an attacking team like us I think its better to be at home first. Any sort of lead going into the second leg and they have to come at you which plays into our hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I seen on the Liverpool website forum , A question would you prefer to lose in the semi or the final?
    Loads of people where saying semi, There is no way in hell id say semi, if you lose in the final at least you where there with a chance to win , we can't be afraid of defeat it comes with finals .

It doesn't really matter as in this hypothetical scenario we're going to lose either way.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement