Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Spent most of this afternoon scheming to get the day off after each leg. Success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Spent most of this afternoon scheming to get the day off after each leg. Success.

Did you just need some other monkey to take the racket, or...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I seen on the Liverpool website forum , A question would you prefer to lose in the semi or the final?
    Loads of people where saying semi, There is no way in hell id say semi, if you lose in the final at least you where there with a chance to win , we can't be afraid of defeat it comes with finals .

Who wants to lose in the Semi Final over the Final? Are they that tender? Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Dickerty wrote: »
    Did you just need some other monkey to take the racket, or...?

Its a Temporor Monkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

TO grace the final will be great. We might come unstuck over one game though. I think a final should be over 120 minutes, always extra time regardless of score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Hope this Alisson lad has holes in his hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its better to have loved and lost than not at all.

Progression to the final would be huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

In a way the home leg first suits as shown against Man City, but the atmosphere at Anfield for a CL semi 2nd leg? Would have been so good to have it again..
    Delighted to be at the business end again and we have a chance. Have to applaud Jurgen for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

With this European run I really hope Milner gets listed in the first group of 30 players list for the Ballon D'or this season his record of assist in the CL and his overall CL performances have been outstanding.

Firmino & Salah should be shoe-in's to make the list as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

With this European run I really hope Milner gets listed in the first group of 30 players list for the Ballon D'or this season his record of assist in the CL and his overall CL performances have been outstanding.

Milner won't be, the other will no bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It sounds obvious but just don't concede that away goal at home and your chances of progression improve dramatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

& Mane

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/984757361515646976?s=19

rob316 wrote: »
    It sounds obvious but just don't concede that away goal at home and your chances of progression improve dramatically.

Yeah, I honestly wouldn't be overly upset with a 0-0 going into any away 2nd leg considering the forwards we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

robwen wrote: »

One of the minute details about this game but something which always stuck with me: I remember the ball going out for a goal kick behind the Forest goal and the copper nonchalantly flicking the ball into his hands. Anyway, it was a deadly piece of skill and far better than I'm describing here. Just wondering if any other oldies recall that. Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

mosstin wrote: »
    One of the minute details about this game but something which always stuck with me: I remember the ball going out for a goal kick behind the Forest goal and the copper nonchalantly flicking the ball into his hands. Anyway, it was a deadly piece of skill and far better than I'm describing here. Just wondering if any other oldies recall that. Probably not.

Sorry it escaped me:)
    I well remember watching a great performance and the Tom Finley quote though. An awful pity that team didn't get on the European stage , as AC said they undoubtedly had a cup win in them:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I didn't take time off for the final in 2005, what was the point? Rang work the following day and said I might be in after the parade, all pretence abandoned, I wasn't. Watched SSN all day and the entire final again.
    2005 really paid back some the heartbreak following them over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

mosstin wrote: »

Yeah I remember it as a back-heel scoop over his own head without breaking stride as he walked parallel to the goal line.

Was it played on MOTD?
    Perhaps they said something like it's so unfair to go to Anfield when even the police can to do this...

Riise saying he is going with the half and half shirt :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,634 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sorry it escaped me:)
    I well remember watching a great performance and the Tom Finley quote though. An awful pity that team didn't get on the European stage , as AC said they undoubtedly had a cup win in them:(

That team would have swept alk before it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

ElTel wrote: »
    Yeah I remember it as a back-heel scoop over his own head without breaking stride as he walked parallel to the goal line.

Was it played on MOTD?
    Perhaps they said something like it's so unfair to go to Anfield when even the police can to do this...

That was exactly it! Glad I'm not on my own here. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Was it mentioned that Salah has won the Barclay's Player of the Month award for the third time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Knex. wrote: »

Still no idea how he got that goal. I've seen 20 different angles and no touch, so how they awarded it to him I'll never no.
    Must have been awarded to him based on his lie and his lie alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Roma...

Congrats to Man City on reaching the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Sister was seeing a scouser in 2005, being the bit of a gangster that he was he had a bundle of tickets for semi home leg (never forget it) when I got home he rang and said he'd a ticket for final and all I had to do was get to Liverpool..

Alas I didn't go for personal reasons, one of the biggest regrets of my life. Our nickname for him at the time was Calm down, I'm caught between ringing him for a ticket for the home leg or not. Sound Lad.

Nicki if your reading this my number is 086 xxxxxxxx:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So the Roma it is...

Really looking forward to it.

I'm thinking either Snackbox or Smoke Cod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

FFS Chas, get a grip, wurly burger.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

ricero wrote: »
    Tough tie but winnable. I expect the atmosphere to be on another level for the home semi final. Reckon it will top the atmosphere seen for the chelsea 05 game

I mentioned here before that I was at that game, it was absolutely incerdible. There are no words to describe the atmosphere That night.

That was my last game at Anfield until last week v city, that was magnificent but if the Roma game tops Chelsea in '05 we'll win by default, nobody can beat that.

I'm married to a beautiful amazing woman and I have three wonderful kids. That night is in my top five memories, not saying the order. :)

If Harry Kane, Scottish scientist, had not discovered penicillin, the first antibiotics, in 1928, we would probably be still dying from things such as stomach ulcers, tooth abcesses, strep throat and scarlet fever, staph infections, lyme disease, leptospirosis etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I mentioned here before that I was at that game, it was absolutely incerdible. There are no words to describe the atmosphere That night.

That was my last game at Anfield until last week v city, that was magnificent but if the Roma game tops Chelsea in '05 we'll win by default, nobody can beat that.

I'm married to a beautiful amazing woman and I have three wonderful kids. That night is in my top five memories, not saying the order. :)

That game, St Etienne in 77 and Inter Milan in 65 are deemed to be the great European games to be at. You're very lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

TO grace the final will be great. We might come unstuck over one game though. I think a final should be over 120 minutes, always extra time regardless of score.

Penalties should also be compulsory regardless of score. It's what neutrals enjoy most and would help balance the game for lesser teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

ballyargus wrote: »
    Penalties should also be compulsory regardless of score. It's what neutrals enjoy most and would help balance the game for lesser teams.

But what if the better team has better players who can take better penalties? Let's make it even fairer by flipping a coin instead and giving everyone a big hug at the end.

Fun Booby is on Football Focus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

A Chelsea defeat to Southampton now would mean them & Arsenal can only get to 72 points!

We’re currently on 67 points!

Would be great to have 4th wrapped up before the Roma games!

Come on Red Men!!!!!..... and Southampton.

I wonder what the chances are that Masterson gets a game before the end of the season.

We have a Scot playing just the Irish lad playing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I think its already done Chelsea are on the beach already completely no interest, 3 wins in 8 , arsenal are still getting results but they need to keep sharp for the Europa league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Think Chelsea will have a long road back seeing as they're more than likely to lose Hazard in the summer

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

:D

npnpk6.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

No fear of us not getting top four looking at Chelsea - they're shocking.

Alonso resorting to cowardly studs into Long's calf - retrospective ban for him I'd say.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Think Chelsea will have a long road back seeing as they're more than likely to lose Hazard in the summer

Hazard will deffo be off, Willian will get some good offers, Morata will head to Italy, Kante might well go even if his stock has fallen somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

No fear of us not getting top four looking at Chelsea - they're shocking.

Alonso resorting to cowardly studs into Long's calf - retrospective ban for him I'd say.

He's got good lawyers, I'm sure he'll be fine. He's gotten away with a lot more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Mmm nice

A Chelsea defeat to Southampton now would mean them & Arsenal can only get to 72 points!

We’re currently on 67 points!

Would be great to have 4th wrapped up before the Roma games!

Come on Red Men!!!!!..... and Southampton.

A Liverpool win later today combined with a Chelsea loss means both of them need to win all their remaining fixtures to have a chance of 4th because of the goal difference involved.

EDIT: Chelsea 2 down now. It gets better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ah, Southampton.

They're like the little brother who really should hate you because you keep nicking all his stuff, but he still smiles does nice things for you :)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Southampton winning this game is like them giving us back the £75m we gave them for VVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

That Chelsea team will be lucky to get 5th place, never mind 4th the way they are playing.

Great goal from Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

2-2 :(

• Advertisement

Saints are poor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement