Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah, Southampton.

They're like the little brother who really should hate you because you keep nicking all his stuff, but he still smiles does nice things for you :)

This is all your fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Ah Jesus Southampton. Can't you do anything right 2-3 Giroud again

We can buy their last decent player for Championship prices in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Olivier Giroud, Giroud
    Will always get you one or two.

The prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This is all your fault.

Guess you can't trust little brothers...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jaysus Southampton. Turned off when it was 2-0. Turnaround like that could give Chelsea a major boost for their remaining games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,081 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Jaysus Southampton. Turned off when it was 2-0. Turnaround like that could give Chelsea a major boost for their remaining games.

Only if Chelsea can play Southampton every week, busted flush this year, and boost or not, they aren't going to make a dent in the Premier league positions now, top four is gone, rest is irrelevant.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Only if Chelsea can play Southampton every week, busted flush this year, and boost or not, they aren't going to make a dent in the Premier league positions now, top four is gone, rest is irrelevant.

Given we're going to rest players in some of the remaining league games the further back Chelsea are the better. They could put some pressure on by winning all their remaining games while unlikely is not impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That will keep us honest. Not a bad thing, a kick into reality before we play.

Given we're going to rest players in some of the remaining league games the further back Chelsea are the better. They could put some pressure on by winning all their remaining games while unlikely is not impossible.

Yeah, they could finish on 75 points if they win their last 5 games, as we know one of them is against us. They have a small chance of winnning the 5 games.

8 points from 5 games puts us on 75 points though and I really can't see (close to zero chance IMO) Chelsea reversing a 16 GD deficit in 5 games :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Gap is 7 and GD in our favour. A home win today is a giant step.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Augeo wrote: »
    Yeah, they could finish on 75 points if they win their last 5 games, as we know one of them is against us. They have a small chance of winnning the 5 games.

8 points from 5 games puts us on 75 points though and I really can't see (close to zero chance IMO) Chelsea reversing a 16 GD deficit in 5 games :)

We've no midweek game, so resting players right now isn't nessecary, so nothing changes. We needed three wins to wrap this up as quickly as possible, we still need three wins.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Is anyone worried about us getting 4th, not winning CL and Arsenal winning Europa?

Am i right in thinking this sequence would demote us to the Europa League next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Is anyone worried about us getting 4th, not winning CL and Arsenal winning Europa?

Am i right in thinking this sequence would demote us to the Europa League next year?

The same way it put us in the Europa this year when we finished 4th last season and 6th place United won the Europa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Surely if Arsenal win Europa, it could only happen to Spurs to be the one to finish 4th and miss out on CL - the most Spurs-esque thing of all time.

Nope......... 5 teams allowed in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,380 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads I think a few of ye could do with brushing up on the CL qualification rules. Same questions been asked every few days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Lads I think a few of ye could do with brushing up on the CL qualification rules. Same questions been asked every few days.

It gets tiresome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I was starting to wonder if it had been added to the joke list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It literally happened last year, we finished 4th and United won Europa and we still qualified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Ive little time to follow the thread, please excuse me asking a ****ing question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Ive little time to follow the thread, please excuse me asking a ****ing question.

Well just dont let it happen again

Ye little bollix!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

These things are in constant state of flux so it always helps to keep yourself informed. You never know when the rules change and if qualification becomes at the discretion of Harry Kane and a self appointed committee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No rest for the front three

DawNWAwXcAAvHA7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

That's a strong team to put out at home - hopefully there's no risk in Salah and Bobby starting considering the knocks they're carrying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Milner finally gets a well deserved rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Wonder will henderson or gini play at the base of the midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,380 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Use the search function?

No rest for the front three
    there's no need to rest them yet - it's 7 days to the next game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Use the search function?

In fairness - things get repeated - no harm in asking a question - trying to engage in conversation.

It's attitudes like this that put people off posting alltogether - Why dont we all just google everything and forget this thread altogether??

Leave Britney alone!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Liverpool superthread
    No jokes, no questions and you must have references

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maybe we should have two separate Liverpool threads this one and one for those Liverpool posters who don't like this one.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Liverpool superthread
    No jokes, no questions and you must have references

Like the mafia so. Who vouched to let you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Talisman wrote: »
    there's no need to rest them yet - it's 7 days to the next game.

Yep exactly get top 4 confirmed first then go resting players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

niallo27 wrote: »
    Yep exactly get top 4 confirmed first then go resting players.

Make hay while the sun shines. Bournemouth are 10 clear of rellie zone, let's buy them an ice-cream and let them enjoy their summer holidays early, by eviscerating them completely in the first half, and then both teams can have ice-cream for the second half.

• Advertisement

With Burnley's form, Arsenal could be dropping out of the top 6 this season.

There's no such thing as a silly question. :)

Talisman wrote: »
    With Burnley's form, Arsenal could be dropping out of the top 6 this season.

If they'd not had that horrid run of form in the midwinter they'd be right at it for a CL place ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

BT missing the Hillsborough banner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The pessimism that persists on this thread is draining at times.

We're in the Champion's League semi final due to beating the Premier League champions twice over two legs and we're comfortably in the top 4.

Do you not think that comes from being a good side?

We will get the points required and Chelsea are unlikely to win all remaining games due to patchy form.

Top 4 is done and dusted in my opinion and has been for a while now.

Arsenal winninng the EL means there will be 5 English teams in the CL next season just like there was this season.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Like the mafia so. Who vouched to let you in?

Momo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Augeo wrote: »
    There's no such thing as a silly question. :)

How many cobras are in my socks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We’ve started brilliantly here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Mane....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That was coming since the opening minute tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think we're going to hammer Bournemouth today.

They look really up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Deflection on that, Harry Kane will be claiming it

We've looked far too good for them from the off.

Mane is the man. Ibe terrible defending ;)

Premier league matches pifft, sure who looks at them now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement