Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Please score. Please be relatively clinical when the early chance on the break comes. Please.

Have been chanting this in work all morning.

People are giving me weird looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Be gas if everyone is wrong and its a bore 0-0 draw haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

0-0 Draw possible yes - bore only in the sense of normal scoreless draws. I can't see it being a boring match. It will be a better game than Everton at the weekend that's for sure!

GBX wrote: »

0-0 Draw possible yes -  bore only in the sense of normal scoreless draws. I can't see it being a boring match. It will be a better game than Everton at the weekend that's for sure!
    I hope not I hope its worse than the Everton game 0 shots each on target :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

What will our bench look like tonight? Who comes on if we need fresh legs in the midfield? Any of the youngsters capable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Vicxas wrote: »
    Have been chanting this in work all morning.

People are giving me weird looks.

I've opted for something similar.

"The Salah is good, the Salah is great. Surrender your will, as of this date."

frame078.jpg

And, "Na na na na na, Salah"

Morzadec wrote: »
    What will our bench look like tonight? Who comes on if we need fresh legs in the midfield? Any of the youngsters capable?

Like the audience at a live screening of Sesame Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

If Salah starts and scores, take him off even if it's after 5 minutes, okay give him half the game and them bring on Ings to do the running and be the out ball target.

I was thinking similar, in that if Salah can play any part tonight, it should be from the start, as if he starts on the bench, it could be the psychological edge Man City might need to spur them on to try and obliterate us.

start Salah, and if we get a goal first half (and haven't conceded more than 1), bring him off at half time or perhaps on about 50-55 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'm fully expecting Salah to start tonight.

I think yesterday's "wait and see" comments from Klopp were just a ruse to keep Man City guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Best of luck tonight lads hope it all goes smoothly for ye ;););)

tenor_4.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

jayo26 wrote: »
    Best of luck tonight lads hope it all goes smoothly for ye ;););)

Theres just something about Liverpool in Europe though.... :D

To quote Clive Tyldesley;

"Liverpool's love affair with the European Cup continues, they just can't keep their hands off it"

https://vimeo.com/92757152

edit: oh yeah, penalties could happen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Does he not know there are multiple cameras on game, geez how desperate can you get.

Considering some of their tackles and diving... eh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Van Dijk joining us instead of City was such an important transfer.

City with Van Dijk would be closer to being unstoppable.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I get the impression it's going to be 3-1 to them, we'll have our backs to the wall for the last 15, then we'll catch a lucky break and make it 3-2 on the night.

Klavan comes on for the last 2 minutes of injury time and does 3 or 4 step overs and then eats the football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Theres just something about Liverpool in Europe though.... :D

To quote Clive Tyldesley;

"Liverpool's love affair with the European Cup continues, they just can't keep their hands off it"

https://vimeo.com/92757152

edit: oh yeah, penalties could happen!!

It's hardley a Liverpool thing to be fair now it's the holygrail for all European clubs.

United were the first British team to take it serious and second British team to win it albeit pool have been more successful over past 60 years you can't say they can't keep their hands off it when they have only qualified a handful of times since they last won it and only won it once in the past 30 years.

Eitherway as much as I don't care which club goes through tonight I can appreciate it would be a big achievement for pool and can respect that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I don't think he was implying LFC win it nearly every year. The atmosphere and drama of the big European games at Anfield is incredible, even just watching on TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's hardley a Liverpool thing to be fair now it's the holygrail for all European clubs.

United were the first British team to take it serious and second British team to win it albeit pool have been more successful over past 60 years you can't say they can't keep their hands off it when they have only qualified a handful of times since they last won it and only won it once in the past 30 years.

Eitherway as much as I don't care which club goes through tonight I can appreciate it would be a big achievement for pool and can respect that.

I think it's more a reflection of the fact that 5 European Cups puts you in pretty select company. Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Liverpool. That's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

What would we do without people keeping us in check?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think it's more a reflection of the fact that 5 European Cups puts you in pretty select company. Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Liverpool. That's it.

Annd 4 of them could be in the semis come Wednesday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Barca and bayern only joined that club recently. We were there with AC and Real before those blow ins arrived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I think people are nuts saying Salah should be on the bench,
    Even if he plays awful he will at least keep the City back line honest , without him they will push up and press us much higher (especially there full backs)  , They would just stick Walker on Mane and press on forward with no worry of us getting in behind,
    Ferandino just used the wrong word Liverpool play direct (not long balls) against City as we know there better in midfield so we by pass it, But this only works when we have the pace of Mane and Salah out wide, It's no surprise we couldn't adapt our plan when Salah went off last week ,
    Again Salah has to start and if not him Moreno just for pace to prevent City's full backs  being able to press much higher,

Genuinely got a chill up my spine when I read that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

corwill wrote: »
    This is a game made for Henderson.

Can we not stick number 5 on his jersey, give him a tan and a rinse of no more grey and call him Emre...

With the help of Jesus, Mary his Da and all the angels and saints..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

not yet wrote: »
    Can we not stick number 5 on his jersey, give him a tan and a rinse of no more grey and call him Emre...

you mean 23?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Aguero starting will be a worry. He's great when he's at it. If City get it to 3-3 at half time it's a 45 minute shoot out and we are away from home.
    We must keep this as 0-0 for as long as possible, and if we can score first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Grayditch wrote: »
    What would we do without people keeping us in check?

They're totally chilled about it, though.

you mean 23?

Don't care if it's 923 I think we'd get away with it.

Just seen a stat that is Salah continued this form for the next 15 season he'd still have less goals than Ronaldo has scored to date , that is mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Ajax ?? Nevermind, 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ajax ?? Nevermind, 4

Ajax have the badge of honour because they won it 3 times in a row

• Advertisement

Ajax ?? Nevermind, 4
    5 wins make you European royalty as you get to keep the crown (cup )  So we are part of European Cup Royalty and that's what he is getting at,
    Ajax are also part of the club because you get to keep the crown (cup)  if you win 3 in a row like they did,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just seen a stat that is Salah continued this form for the next 15 season he'd still have less goals than Ronaldo has scored to date , that is mental

Yeah :( Ronaldo is playing against teams like Las Palmas and Leganes though, which makes a difference. I'd love Salah to get the golden boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then, a cheeky 60m bid for Martial? There is a very good player in there, just needs Klopping.

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/mercato-martial-souhaite-quitter-manchester-united-1416031.html

Martial I would take and for that price he would be a great addition to the squad.

So then, a cheeky 60m bid for Martial? There is a very good player in there, just needs Klopping.

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/mercato-martial-souhaite-quitter-manchester-united-1416031.html
    He'd be perfect to rotate with Mane but there never selling him to us,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

He'd be perfect to rotate with Mane but there never selling him to us,

Mourinho would!

Besides, we're taking Fellaini anyway....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Throwing Moreno on with 15 minutes to go is like putting mentos into coke. Silly but a bit exciting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Im just hoping that the Citeh crowd will be flat after two high profile rival defeats and that the Liverpool crowd will bring the noise, I suspect they might.

Hopefully a few of the City players will feel the game is beyond them, though that's unlikely.

It's extremely important we start brightly, so hopefully Salah and Mane both start and give their defence the fear.

An early 1-0 Liverpool and we should go nicely.

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    Throwing Moreno on with 15 minutes to go is like putting mentos into coke. Silly but a bit exciting too.

I think I'm going to refer to Moreno as Mentos from now on. I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Martial I would take and for that price he would be a great addition to the squad.

Monaco get 50% of any transfer fee between 60 and 100 million which might mean he could be got for 60, he would be a great signing at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Needless to say a good start would come in handy. A City goal in the first 10/15 minutes and arses might start quivering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Early goal and relax or 3-0 after 90 and 4-1 after regulation 30 ET, then Aguero shoots in first min of added time but Karius saves, bowls the ball out quickly and a back-tracking Sterling fouls a Liverpool player 20 yards from goal. Up steps James Milner to score. FT 4-5 Agg.

Early goal and relax or 3-0 after 90 and 4-1 after regulation 30 ET, then Aguero shoots in first min of added time but Karius saves, bowls the ball out quickly and a back-tracking Sterling fouls a Liverpool player 20 yards from goal. Up steps James Milner to score. FT 4-5 Agg.

I'd rather take a 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Looking like robertson and Salah are fit at least, squad is very thin now

On the night shift tonight and and will miss the match.

Now not sure if I want to try and watch bits and pieces of it on my phone or just wait till 10pm and check the score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Now not sure if I want to try and watch bits and pieces of it on my phone or just wait till 10pm and check the score.
    People can get sick at any time of the day you know...

You sure dont look very well....

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    People can get sick at any time of the day you know...
    Vicxas wrote: »
    You sure dont look very well....

Used up those ones already this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement