Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I was positive at the time that Bobby was actually trying to give mo a tap in when he was clean through,he definitely looked up to find him before realizing that he was marked then went alone himself and that split second allowed for the clearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Bit peeved at the penalty shout too. Definitely would've been an incredibly soft one to give but we've not been given the benefit of the doubt on a single one of those calls this season.

Don't think that's really true.

Also, don't really need them when consistently winning games by three goals or more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

jbt123 wrote: »
    I'm not a pedant at any level generally, but it's 4 in our last 11.

It's all good.

I’m not a pedant either but technically you are one if you point out things like that. :pac:

And you’re still incorrect, it’s 4 in our last 8 in the league, 5 in our last 11 total and 7 in our last 11 in the league. It’s all good though.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then do we want a City win? Yes we do, while them loosing 4 in a row would be hilarious they will still have the last laugh so let them win tonight and take Spurs down a peg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Gbear wrote: »
    I do wonder what happens with Keita.

Do we play with 2 8's?

Still think it'd be nice to have a footballier lad in there as well that can play the 6 with a bit more finesse than Jordan.

I think we'd have all our midfield bases covered then (other than a destroyer but I don't think Klopp's interested in that).

He replaces Wijnaldum often. And sometimes Wijnaldum will replace Hendo and Keita takes that slot. Reckon we do need another deep lying midfielder though, to replace the want-away German who is not happy playing for a club competing for CL glory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Since when have there been Saturday evening games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Since money.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

martyos121 wrote: »
    I’m not a pedant either but technically you are one if you point out things like that. :pac:

And you’re still incorrect, it’s 4 in our last 8 in the league, 5 in our last 11 total and 7 in our last 11 in the league. It’s all good though.:)

Had a few beers and had that number in my head for some reason.

I stand corrected.

It really is all good. So much fun watching them this season.

https://twitter.com/JamesMilner/status/985228884605095936
    James Milner‏
    Verified account

@JamesMilner
    Follow Follow @JamesMilner
    More
    James Milner Retweeted Liverpool FC
    Another hat-trick for Mo today.... just waiting for the other two to be confirmed by the claims panel��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You can tell he's retired from the international game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

City one up, Kane (21)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Good to see city back on their feet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Kane won’t be beating Mo’s tally today 😊 City doing the business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

The Premier League were opposed to the idea in September/October but changed their tune in December - apparently opening up the evening broadcast slots is likely to bring the likes of Amazon and Netflix to the broadcast rights auctions.

The broadcasters trialled it in the FA Cup earlier this year, similar to how they did the Friday night FA Cup games in 2016. Now there are 8-12 Friday night Premier League games a season and from the 2019/20 season there will be games televised Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings.

The current broadcasters want to take a slice of the X-Factor / Strictly Come Dancing tv audience and advertising revenue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Kane won’t be beating Mo’s tally today 😊 City doing the business

Jon Moss might have something to say about that.

Talisman wrote: »

The current broadcasters want to take a slice of the X-Factor / Strictly Come Dancing tv audience and advertising revenue.

They are wasting their time against the big shiny floor shows and Dr Who - their audiences are pretty much cast on stone. Football is for dad who'll be in the back room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

We know that Bournemouth were enjoying their 99's on the beach today, but Liverpool's performances are just so assured the last few months.
    Gone are the days of squeeky bum defending and hoping we score 4 goals before feeling relaxed enough to enjoy the match.
    I found it very interesting to read about Klopp's psychological work with the team, which started at the beginning of last season and seems to have come to fruition in the last couple of months.
    We still hear Jurgen roaring during transitions in matches but it happens less often these days.
    Whatever happens from here or during the transfer window, you just get the feeling we are inexorably sailing with our mainsail billowing and making godspeed towards footballing nirvana. With no hint of irony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We have only lost two games this season out of the 25 Karius has started. 19 goals conceded 13 clean sheets.

Last season we lost 4 games out of the 16 he started conceding 16 with 6 clean sheets.

Total 41 games lost 6 conceding 35 and keeping 19 clean sheets.

Maybe he wasn't as bad as we all thought

• Advertisement

I think those games against us have broken Sane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Karius has improved ten fold since he came back into the team but (imo) still nowhere near good enough to be playing in a team that could/should be challenging for the title next year.
    Very easy game for him today but he flapped at the few high balls that came into the box. One shot to save which he did but he didn't look confident doing it, it was more of a flap at the ball than strong hands pushing it away.
    He's still young enough to make it as a top class keeper but I don't think Liverpool can afford to wait the season or 2 it's gonna take him to get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

.red. wrote: »
    Karius has improved ten fold since he came back into the team but (imo) still nowhere near good enough to be playing in a team that could/should be challenging for the title next year.
    Very easy game for him today but he flapped at the few high balls that came into the box. One shot to save which he did but he didn't look confident doing it, it was more of a flap at the ball than strong hands pushing it away.
    He's still young enough to make it as a top class keeper but I don't think Liverpool can afford to wait the season or 2 it's gonna take him to get there.

What do you base that on? Outside of DDG he's been the best keeper in the league since January. Without question in my mind. I'm not saying I would be opposed to us getting Allison or Oblak but Karius has done more than enough to make me not think its a priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

.red. wrote: »

I think your being overly critical of him if I'm honest.

They are wasting their time against the big shiny floor shows and Dr Who - their audiences are pretty much cast on stone. Football is for dad who'll be in the back room.
    It's a lucrative universal tv time slot - Saturday and Sunday night slots will also be able to compete worldwide with televised games from the other European leagues.

Next seasons Dr won't draw any big numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I think your being overly critical of him if I'm honest.

I like the guy, just not sure he's good enough. His attitude when he was dropped was top class. He took it on the chin and got on with it waiting for his chance to come again. He's a player I'd like to be proved wrong on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Fair play to karius he has done well but I'd still be going all out to get in a top class keeper in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

great to see Mo Salah get forty goals that he actually touched into the net, no phantom goals at all.

• Advertisement

To think in the history of Liverpool football and all the world class strikers that have played for the club Mo a converted winger is only the 3rd player to score 40 goals in a season for the club behind Hunt & Rush.

Salah has scored more goals than 11 PL teams.

Salah has scored more goals than 11 PL teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

No surprise Ox only looked shíte at Arsenal, when was the last time a single player actually improved under Wenger?

Sanchez. Bellerin. Iwobi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

Fair play to karius he has done well but I'd still be going all out to get in a top class keeper in the summer.

I would have agreed with you up until the last few weeks. Since he has taken the number 1 spot, he has been brilliant. Saves that DeGea would have been proud of. I still think VVD makes all the difference. The defence has been superb leaving the keeper with the odd one to take care of.

Sanchez went from being a poor version of Suarez to a poor version of Sanchez under him.

Don’t think Bellerin improved...he just got the Arsenal fan treatment of being considered the best in the league when he was pretty mediocre.

Who the f*ck is Iwobi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

To think in the history of Liverpool football and all the world class strikers that have played for the club Mo a converted winger is only the 3rd player to score 40 goals in a season for the club behind Hunt & Rush.

I think its still only 39 goals for liverpool. That penalty for egypt was the one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So how many goals did Kane get this evening

I think its still only 39 goals for liverpool. That penalty for egypt was the one

No it's 40 goals in 45 games for Liverpool.

• Advertisement

That's correct.
    Premier League : 30
    Champions League : 8
    FA Cup : 1

That's correct.
    Premier League : 30
    Champions League : 8
    FA Cup : 1

And 1 goal in the Champions League Qualification rounds so you are also wrong!

Total 40 goals in 45 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

No it's 40 goals in 45 games for Liverpool.

Rush got his 47 goals in 65 games, for Salah to be even threatening that record with way fewer games is incredible.

Breaking that record will be a big ask but I really hope he does. He'll probably require a goal glut in a game to do it, three or four past Roma would be grand!

Rush got his 47 goals in 65 games, for Salah to be even threatening that record with way fewer games is incredible.

Breaking that record will be a big ask but I really hope he does. He'll probably require a goal glut in a game to do it, three or four past Roma would be grand!

A hat-trick against WBA sending them down would be nice.

And 1 goal in the Champions League Qualification rounds so you are also wrong!

Total 40 goals in 45 games.
    Happy to be corrected. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

A hat-trick against WBA sending them down would be nice.

Let him do both, fk it get him to 50!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

So how many goals did Kane get this evening

3 fiddy.

He has changed his name by deed poll to Jesus to claim the first goal as well.

Just seen that both Harry Kane and Ederson have been nominated for PFA Young Player of the Year despite the fact that they were both 24 when the season began and therefore too old to be nominated for the award.

Somebody must be really desperate for Kane to pick up an award this year.

Just seen that both Harry Kane and Ederson have been nominated for PFA Young Player of the Year despite the fact that they were both 24 when the season began and therefore too old to be nominated for the award.

Somebody must be really desperate for Kane to pick up an award this year.

Really? That sounds ridiculous.

Aside from that 24 is a bit old for PFA Young Player of the Year imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    What do you base that on? Outside of DDG he's been the best keeper in the league since January. Without question in my mind. I'm not saying I would be opposed to us getting Allison or Oblak but Karius has done more than enough to make me not think its a priority.

Allison would be great.

But 70-80m is way way too much.

Karius is playing very well.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I posted this in November.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105331649&postcount=3855

Glad I'm looking like I'll be right.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement