Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Ruben Neves really looks like he could be that man but it's probably a season too soon for him to make a big step up (and that's assuming Klopp rates him).
    I think we can forget about Ruben Neves, that will become Trent Alexander-Arnold's position. His confidence is up at the moment and he's beginning to demonstrate the range of passing he possesses. I expect him to plateau next season but probably for 2019/20 he will have the experience behind him and his development will go on another upward trajectory.

Tis nearly the season for transfer tittle-tattle.

Bruno Fernandes of Sporting CP linked by entirely unreliable media overnight but he looks the right type, deepish but flexible CM with who can score and assist, and is ambi-footed. Tall for a Portuguese.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/123761/Show/Bruno-Fernandes

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bruno-fernandes/profil/spieler/240306
    He has a €100M release clause in his contract.

Bruno Fernandes, the 'Portuguese wanderer' who found the promised land at Sporting CP (Marca)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Re:Salah....
    What a player, what a signing, brilliant goal yesterday.
    BUT....
    a wee niggle for me is all this BS chat about golden boot/top scorer. The likes of this and the likes of Player of the Year type individual awards MUST be secondary to.how the team fares. There were opportunities yesterday for Salah to play in players in a better position and he took it on himself when unlikely to score. I hope his head isn't being turned by sh1t talk in the media. He should look to Bobby as.an example of how to behave; his contract is loaded with individual landmark bonus payments, but he could never be accused of being anything but the ultimate team player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Re:Salah....
    What a player, what a signing, brilliant goal yesterday.
    BUT....
    a wee niggle for me is all this BS chat about golden boot/top scorer. The likes of this and the likes of Player of the Year type individual awards MUST be secondary to.how the team fares. There were opportunities yesterday for Salah to play in players in a better position and he took it on himself when unlikely to score. I hope his head isn't being turned by sh1t talk in the media. He should look to Bobby as.an example of how to behave; his contract is loaded with individual landmark bonus payments, but he could never be accused of being anything but the ultimate team player.

Secondary to how the team is getting on? Have you not seen the season we're having? We won 3-0 and our top scorer was trying to score goals. Just be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We should go close in league next year. City won title in first few games of season, we've consistently been above them since. You look at form over last 15 games and we are ahead of them. It's been like that since their run of wins at start.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We should go close in league next year. City won title in first few games of season, we've consistently been above them since. You look at form over last 15 games and we are ahead of them. It's been like that since their run of wins at start.

I think you'll find it was man utd who won the league in the first few games of the season, not City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Secondary to how the team is getting on? Have you not seen the season we're having? We won 3-0 and our top scorer was trying to score goals. Just be happy.

Tbf he was greedy on several occasions and guilty of trying to force things for himself rather than taking to better option although much like Suarez he has earned a bit of leeway with being greedy given what he has done so far. But when the score line is tight he should always be taking the better option rather than going for glory...not too many people were saying Mane was just trying to score against Everton when he could’ve squared it to Mo for a tap in.

The willingness to play for each other and the team is a big part of why the front three work so well and as seen they’ll all get goals anyway without the need to go full Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

https://www.joe.ie/sport/liverpool-aviva-stadium-622655
    Liverpool V Napoli seems confirmed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ox 24, Keita 23, Mane 26, Firmino 26, Salah 25 a front five all coming into the primes of the careers if we can keep them together for the next 4/5/6 seasons it could be and amazing few years of exciting football being played by Liverpool.

Wonder what kind of squad there will be at the Avila with the World Cup?

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    I think you'll find it was man utd who won the league in the first few games of the season, not City.

Dunno about that, think the run of 19 wins and two draws gave them the lead that made it impossible to catch them.
    Over last 15 games though we are ahead. Can't see them starting like that next season. A kind fixture list this season allowed them to build a lot of confidence early.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Wonder what kind of squad there will be at the Avila with the World Cup?
    Last summer it was the last friendly before the Premier League began - it was a strong line-up, I think there were only three changes for the team that played the opening league game. The entire squad got time on the pitch during the game.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ah Toby

Firmino's shots on target are pretty low, he is very unshellfish . 35 on target, Pinocchio at Spurs for example would have double that amount
    Firmino as a no9 can be more ruthless.

Talisman wrote: »
    Last summer it was the last friendly before the Premier League began - it was a strong line-up, I think there were only three changes for the team that played the opening league game. The entire squad got time on the pitch during the game.

Yeah it was.

Think Bobby will be the main absentee this time around as you’d expect Brazil to go deep in the World Cup. English internationals should be back.

Mane?

Salah?

Hopefully nobody misses out with a back injury this time around. :D

5starpool wrote: »
    Ah Toby

You’re worse. :pac:

I can understand it working in other threads, can’t believe people still fall for it in here.

Capturexs.jpg

Salah's minutes per goal is less than a game. Crazy stuff

Best forward since Suarez to grace the PL :)

You’re worse. :pac:

I can understand it working in other threads, can’t believe people still fall for it in here.

I'm talking facts. City won league early, but over last 15 games we are above them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Thanked for the Pinocchio photoshopping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just to register my disgust, but also lack of surprise, at Firmino not being nominated for POTY.

I'd say he wasn't even in the top 20.

People are fúcking clueless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Firmino isnt ruthless. Should have buried it when the ox played him in but messed around with it

Firmino was trying to set up Salah for that I think myself.

The ultimate team player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

SlickRic wrote: »
    Just to register my disgust, but also lack of surprise, at Firmino not being nominated for POTY.

People are fúcking clueless.

I reckon he'll get into team of the season alright.

Bob----Kane----Salah
    Silva-KDB-Sterling/Fernandinho
    Davies-Tarkowski-Vertonghen-Trippier
    De Gea

I haven't watched enough other teams in detail to know about defence, but Robertson and Trent, despite being really good lately probably haven't played enough.

Burnley have done really well this season, so you'd imagine they desere a nod, while Utd and City's actual defence probably isn't as important as the way they play (and De Gea), but Spurs have been solid again, and their full backs have been pretty good all season, as far as I know.

Next season I think we might well see Van Dijk, Robertson and Trent all featuring in there, as well as young player of the year nods, where relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Gbear wrote: »
    I reckon he'll get into team of the season alright.

Bob----Kane----Salah
    Silva-KDB-Sterling/Fernandinho
    Davies-Tarkowski-Vertonghen-Trippier
    De Gea

I haven't watched enough other teams in detail to know about defence, but Robertson and Trent, despite being really good lately probably haven't played enough.

Burnley have done really well this season, so you'd imagine they desere a nod, while Utd and City's actual defence probably isn't as important as the way they play (and De Gea), but Spurs have been solid again, and their full backs have been pretty good all season, as far as I know.

Next season I think we might well see Van Dijk, Robertson and Trent all featuring in there, as well as young player of the year nods, where relevant.
    Id say its 50:50 between Robertson and davies. I also think sane would get in ahead of firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

NUFC with a serious shot at finishing 9th under Rafa. What a ****ing legend of a human being he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

corwill wrote: »
    NUFC with a serious shot at finishing 9th under Rafa. What a ****ing legend of a human being he is.

That he is. For the day that's in it........

https://twitter.com/Sennesation/status/985473349756342274

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

corwill wrote: »

Unbelievable job he is doing with that squad, should be a runner for manager of the year but he won't be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

mosstin wrote: »

That video breaks me every time.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »

Beyond the 6 man shortlist is there any visibility on it? I'd say he would be in the top 20 alright if there was such a thing.

When a lot of Liverpool fans have only started to realise how good Firmino is it’s hardly a shock that those who don’t support the club don’t realise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Unbelievable job he is doing with that squad, should be a runner for manager of the year but he won't be

Sean Dyche should be manager of the year, followed by Guardiola and then Benitez mind you the season isn't over yet - if Mark Hughes can sink Stoke and Soton in one season then surely he is in with a shout!

To be serious the three promoted managers all deserve huge plaudits if they stay up.

Woo 2-1 Newcastle scored.

I can remember the days the match threads be full of "his touch is awful " etc and he only settling in to the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

SM01 wrote: »
    Thanked for the Pinocchio photoshopping!

Got to be honest here - when I first glanced at it (and not seeing the Premier League title), I assumed the graphic was for all leagues including the Brazilian league and that Pinocchio was a new up-and-coming starlet, in the Socrates vein. :p

Sean Dyche should be manager of the year, followed by Guardiola and then Benitez mind you the season isn't over yet - if Mark Hughes can sink Stoke and Soton in one season then surely he is in with a shout!...............

Klopp not up there with them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Augeo wrote: »
    Klopp not up there with them?

Not in the Prem, Liverpool finished 4th last season, looks like it'll be the same this and at this point it's hard to know if the points tally will be any higher - you don't get plaudits for being about the same as previously even if the football is now better and the Champions League is being contested. Obviously if Liverpool win that then Klopp is deserving of the UEFA Coach of the Year award.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sean Dyche should be manager of the year, followed by Guardiola and then Benitez mind you the season isn't over yet - if Mark Hughes can sink Stoke and Soton in one season then surely he is in with a shout!

To be serious the three promoted managers all deserve huge plaudits if they stay up.

Woo 2-1 Newcastle scored.

If Huddersfield stay up, Wagner should be up there with Dyche.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

mosstin wrote: »

I've watched that about a million times and cried every single time. Rafa will always be a part of the club. One of my favourite humans.

Dyche, Wagner, Houghton & Rafa have all done amazing jobs with on budgets.

Think Everton are in with a shout at.......HAHAHAHA

Newcastle have only lost 2 this year. Won last 4 also, crazy stuff with their squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Dyche, Wagner, Houghton & Rafa have all done amazing jobs with on budgets.

Think Everton are in with a shout at.......HAHAHAHA

Its good to see what actual good coaches can do with bad squads, compared to the likes of what Pardew, Hughes and Allardyce have done this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

When a lot of Liverpool fans have only started to realise how good Firmino is it’s hardly a shock that those who don’t support the club don’t realise it.

Must say as a non pool supporter i never rated Firmino, last few months i've started to keep an eye on him and completely changed my opinion. Tight clever footballer. Wont set the world alight but does a lot of things right, has been brilliant for ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Where's the best place in Dublin to go out for the games? Went to Murray's bar to the supporters club for man city first leg. It wasnt bad but was a joke getting a pint.

Maybe they'll have the outside screen in for the semis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Newcastle have only lost 2 this year. Won last 4 also, crazy stuff with their squad.

They're something like 3rd in the 2nd half of the season table.
    It's mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Anyone going to Rome for the game?

Whats the plan of action? I doubt tickets will be a goer but hey, the Red Bus tour will be better there than Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

Dyche should get manager of the year to be honest.

City were either going to be first or second with that squad/budget. They come 1st so no surprises. Granted their football has been incredible.

I thought Burnley could have went down. They lost their two better players (in theory) in Keane and Gray, recouped £35m for them, and soldiered on. They are not exactly Man City with their style but there are no old school Wimbledon either.

Surely it should go to the manager who has over-achieved and they certainly have (shout outs to Wagner, Hughton and Rafa too).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Agree - should take into account what resources the managers have had to work with...

Assuming standings stay as the are, does it happen much where all three newly promoted teams stay up in their first season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Second place still up for grabs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Someone get Pep off the golf course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Utd will win, Jose has an awful habit of spoiling parties.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement