Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

niallo27 wrote: »
    It was only a league cup in fairness and the Europa league is so ****e arsenal could win it this year. Not knocking the league cup but for a team like utd it's pretty low key.

Funny how when we win it it's a "Mickey Mouse" cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Roma were poor tonight against Lazio.

Manolas off with an injury/cramp.

They have 2 games before the semi final & will need to probably play there strongest line up. They need to make the CL for financial reasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

MD1990 wrote: »
    Roma were poor tonight against Lazio.

Manolas off with an injury/cramp.

They have 2 games before the semi final & will need to probably play there strongest line up. They need to make the CL for financial reasons

Dzeko hit the cross-bar at the end, he is their main threat. Lazio had Bastos competing at centre-half against him. VVD and Lovren are better equipped to deal with him.

To any Italians in the house.. Stadio Olympico holds 70000, anyone got any idea how many Rome season ticket holders there are?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

What’s the story with Mario Gotze these days? Is anyone following his progress the last year or so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

garra wrote: »
    Dzeko hit the cross-bar at the end, he is their main threat. Lazio had Bastos competing at centre-half against him. VVD and Lovren are better equipped to deal with him.

To any Italians in the house.. Stadio Olympico holds 70000, anyone got any idea how many Rome season ticket holders there are?

Just be wary of getting stabbed in the arse if you are travelling over.

It was only a league cup in fairness and the Europa league is so ****e arsenal could win it this year. Not knocking the league cup but for a team like utd it's pretty low key.

Far be it from me to defend Maureen, but I would have been delighted if we had won the Europa - its a European trophy and that's what its all about as a team.

Just be wary of getting stabbed in the arse if you are travelling over.

Cheers I'll watch out for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Far be it from me to defend Maureen, but I would have been delighted if we had won the Europa - its a European trophy and that's what its all about as a team.

Ya totally agree in fairness just think it's actually quiet an easy competition to do well lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Fingers crossed Mourinho hangs in there for at least another season or two.

3rd year is usually “ fcuk everybody off the bus “ phase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The Europa League is a good competition in the later stages. A trophy is a trophy. I'd be with you on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Why in the last few years we just have a liver bird as our crest on jerseys, yet the clubs crest on social media etc still remains the one with the shankly gates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

gafferino wrote: »
    What’s the story with Mario Gotze these days? Is anyone following his progress the last year or so?

Think he got some sort of disease. Back at dortmund anyhow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/mohamed-salah-interview-liverpool-goal-record-epl-champions-league-roma-bournemouth-a8305686.html

''Salah would admit he thinks about the Golden Boot. “Of course, I cannot lie – it is in my mind,” he said, going a little further before returning to stock. “But you know, you can see today with the team everyone tries to pass the ball to me to help me. I am also sure that Tottenham’s players try to help Harry Kane, and also Manchester City’s try to help Sergio Aguero. It’s like that, but in the end, we play as a team.”

As Salah was speaking, Virgil van Dijk strode past at just the right moment. Van Dijk did not join the discussion but he offered his opinion on why his teammate has been able to set such high standards. “Lucky,” van Dijk said casually, smirking'''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I dont watch as much football as i used to so im just going off highlights really, but do yous Zaha would be worth a look for us this summer?

Seems to me that he'd be good back up for our front line. Our squad is threadbare when it comes to attacking options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I dont watch as much football as i used to so im just going off highlights really, but do yous Zaha would be worth a look for us this summer?

Seems to me that he'd be good back up for our front line. Our squad is threadbare when it comes to attacking options.

Yep definitely imo. Pacey, direct and skillful. Would be a good addition to our squad. Would be surprised if someone doesn’t go for him .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He's decent, but spends a good while out injured, and would rather we brought in someone at the same level of the current front three to rotate, rather than a step below. Especially given what he'd actually cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Bring Payet back to the PL or try for Douglas Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

gafferino wrote: »
    He has a disease for which there is no known cure, it's a muscle disorder which causes fatigue and inflammation. The discovery of the illness and Dortmund's disclosure of it put the reports of his lack of match fitness since the time of his move to Bayern in a new light.

Dortmund have a medical team to manage his condition but he is never likely to reach his full potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

He'd be a viable option in the same manner that Mamadou Sakho was as a defender. There's a reason both players are at Crystal Palace - they share them same lack of professionalism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

What a great time it is to be a Liverpool fan. Klopp deserves all the credit in the world. Top 4 all but wrapped up. In with a chance of winning the Champions league all achieved with a negative net spend (-9 million average per season) since he arrived. To put that into context, Mourinho has an average net spend of +119 million per season, Guardiola +169 million. The fact we're mixing it with the Manchester teams is astonishing given the financial resource disparity. 
    I gave him grief for not signing a CB last Summer but I'm not ashamed to admit he was correct in holding out for the right signing. 
    The ways he's developing players at the club is fantastic. Look at the improvements Robertson and Chamberlain have made since joining. Expected we'd be a better team when we lost Coutinho but signed VVD. Our attacking game was phenomenal with Coutinho but we were a shambles at the back. Scoring goals wouldn't have been an issue, with or without Coutinho. Van Dijk has brought so much to our defence. The entire back line has lifted their game since his arrival. Adds so much calm to the team. Trent Alexander Arnold looks to be a wonderkid. Fantastic attacking player and defensively decent with plenty of time to learn and room to improve. Robertson, TAA and Van Dijk could be nailed down defenders and create a defensive era with the club.  
    In terms of signings for next season, I'd like to see us go for:
    Donnarumma. Already an established top goalie in Serie A at only 19 is pretty much not heard of. By many accounts was the best player again today against Napoli. He ties in with the clubs philosophy of signing young players. 
    Sessengon. Want to see him replace Moreno in the squad. Back up to Robertson at full back but also I think he has the makings of a world class winger too. Will add versatility to the squad giving us both an attacking and defensive option down the left flank. Having a blistering season at Fulham at 17. Ridiculous potential. 
    Ruben Neves would be a quality replacement for Can. Has bossed Wolves all season. I wanted to see him signed last season. Another young player. 
    A top CB would be the icing on the cake. Be great if we could sign Alderweireld. Not sure if Spurs would sell him to us. Sell on Lovren if we landed him. 
    Get rid of the following:
    Mignolet, Moreno, Klavan, Solanke and either Ings or Origi, Flanagan, Markovic, Sturridge, Kent. 
    The likes of Grujic, Woodburn, Gomez all can contribute next season and have potential to be valuable players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

In terms of Ruben Neves, I think he would be a good signing, however, I think if we were to buy him the best thing to be would loan him straight back to Wolves for the season and see how he perform playing the same teams as Liverpool week in week out but with the only pressure being trying to stay up . Something that as I said earlier in the season Klopp should have done with Danny Ward and loan him back to Huddersfield for a second season this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Talisman wrote: »
    He'd be a viable option in the same manner that Mamadou Sakho was as a defender. There's a reason both players are at Crystal Palace - they share them same lack of professionalism.

This, hard player to manage, better off staying clear. It suits him at Palace where he is one of the main players. A few weeks on the bench and he could go awol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

I'm not going to lie, but I'm going to savour rubbing United fans' noses in it if we manage to do the double this season [Champions League and Audi Cup in July] after them winning the treble last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I want him. He's been dynamite for Crystal Palace the last while. Fits a lot of what Klopp would want from what I can see too - he works hard, harries opposing defenders and is very quick and direct.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I want him. He's been dynamite for Crystal Palace the last while. Fits a lot of what Klopp would want from what I can see too - he works hard, harries opposing defenders and is very quick and direct.

I'm happy for us to sign whoever the hell Klopp wants us to sign. I hope to not doubt anything else he does in this regard, but I can't be sure that I won't crack.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Aside from football, isn't there supposedly an issue taking him out of South London where his friends are etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

dfx- wrote: »

Aside from football, isn't there supposedly an issue taking him out of South London where his friends are etc..
    If that's true he's a bigger clown than I thought,
     Any young players who fee like that should look at the OX, made the move out of his comfort zone to concentrate on football and at the moment its working out brilliant for him ,
     He could have stayed and had it easy at Arsenal (who are still a big team ) and just coasted through his career getting paid big wages in a place where all his friends where,
    He had the balls to say I want more than the easy life and thankfully its working out for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm happy for us to sign whoever the hell Klopp wants us to sign. I hope to not doubt anything else he does in this regard, but I can't be sure that I won't crack.

Well, yeah, that's more than fair! His decisions have been working out thus far even if I've struggled to always see the logic. We're in good hands. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I think he said that about it not working out at Utd. Might be true or maybe he just didn’t cut it in a big team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I always find it strange when football players who, by their nature have very short playing careers, get choosy over which part of the country they want to play in.

I guess if they're making enough money and a bit of a homebird, I suppose they can do what they like.

• Advertisement

cjmc wrote: »

I think he said that about it not working out at Utd.  Might be true or maybe he just didn’t cut it in a big team.
    Didn't he have problems from the day he done the medical , He wore a t-shirt of that Welsh bird forget her name that had just been all over the papers that week clamming a fling with Giggs , The senior players thought it was hugely disrespectful and hated him from day one ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Why in the last few years we just have a liver bird as our crest on jerseys, yet the clubs crest on social media etc still remains the one with the shankly gates?

Something to do with copyright and trademarks from what i remember when they changed it under Warrior.

They can't trademark the Liver bird crest that is on the shirt, so for merc and official material they have the other crest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Didn't he have problems from the day he done the medical , He wore a t-shirt of that Welsh bird forget her name that had just been all over the papers that week clamming a fling with Giggs , The senior players thought it was hugely disrespectful and hated him from day one ,

I thought you were on a wind up, but I looked it up and, astonishingly, it's true. He might as well have turned in a Suarez t-shirt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Thud

Just spotted the Africa Cup of Nations has been moved to June/July from next year on, so Salah and Mane (and Matip) won't be going missing in January

corwill wrote: »

I thought you were on a wind up, but I looked it up and, astonishingly, it's true. He might as well have turned in a Suarez t-shirt!
    As far as I remember he literally had no idea who the women on the t-shirt was just pure fluke ,
    I had the t-shirt myself it was 15 euro river island job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

As far as I remember he literally had no idea who the women on the t-shirt was just pure fluke ,

That's real fall-into-barrell-of-tits-emerge-sucking-one's-thumb stuff.

corwill wrote: »

That's real fall-into-barrell-of-tits-emerge-sucking-one's-thumb stuff.
    To be fair he doesn't come across the brightest ,sure wasn't there also rumour about Moyes daughter and him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Imogen being that thick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Can we not keep this seasons top

Da00VTwWsAAPeZF.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Jersey looks ok but I wish they would go back to a 2 season cycle (I know it will never happen).

This season's jersey is a beaut and will be hard to beat.

• Advertisement

This, hard player to manage, better off staying clear. It suits him at Palace where he is one of the main players. A few weeks on the bench and he could go awol

Agree with this, he is at a club which need him and place him on a pedestal, where he gets regular starts and plenty of attention. He suits Palace and that is why he is thriving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

For me, he's like a lanky Mané. First touch is excellent, he's dynamic, hasd learned how to keep the ball under pressure from defenders, and always influences the game. 9 goals and 3 assists in that team is pretty good, but I think he has plenty of room to improve.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

There is always a lot of talk about how well the club is progressing, the team that is being built, and the impact that Klopp is having. The one thing which is overlooked is the impact that our performances are having on Klopp himself.

He is a developing coach, who in spite of outward confidence is still human at the end of the day. What he is seeing on the pitch, and how it has manifested itself in a semi final berth in the Champions League, will reinforce his view that he is at the right club, being given the right resources, and that his approach to the game is worthy of the belief he has in it. The psychology of the manager is not something that gets much air time, but it's just as important as the psychology of the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Rumour mill is saying City are preparing a £50m bid for Zaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Yet more proof of how much of a fúcking ledgebag Herr' Klopp is.

****NET SPEND KLAXON****

Da2_6mRXkAAfsog.jpg:large

Rumour mill is going to be horrendous this summer again. Top 6 all with the clout and the need to spend, and the like of Salah, Kane, KDB, Hazard and DDG will all be subject to HUGE interest from Spain and PSG...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Rumour mill is saying City are preparing a £50m bid for Zaha

My mind set on transfers is still in last Summer so when I see stories like this I'm horrified.
    Also stopped second guessing Klopp I've disagreed with most of his decisions and been wrong every time.

SlickRic wrote: »

Coutinho helping that number greatly! But VVD cost a big slice of that.

I don't think it will look much worse in September. Keita and one more big money move is all I expect.

We will need a replacement keeper, as Migs won't stay as second choice, and Ward isn't good enough.
    We don't need a defender, we have 9 to choose from.
    We have plenty of midfield options, with Kaita replacing Can (assuming)
    I think we bring in another front 3 or attacking mid option, but no idea who. Klopp surprised everyone going for Mané, Salah, Ox, Robertson and Wijnaldum. So God knows who it might be!

• Advertisement

Dickerty wrote: »
    SlickRic wrote: »

Coutinho helping that number greatly! But VVD cost a big slice of that.

I don't think it will look much worse in September. Keita and one more big money move is all I expect.

We will need a replacement keeper, as Migs won't stay as second choice, and Ward isn't good enough.
    We don't need a defender, we have 9 to choose from.
    We have plenty of midfield options, with Kaita replacing Can (assuming)
    I think we bring in another front 3 or attacking mid option, but no idea who. Klopp surprised everyone going for Mané, Salah, Ox, Robertson and Wijnaldum. So God knows who it might be!
    I think VVd is the only one he has signed that I seen coming, even Keita was a surprise,  No idea who we will go for this summer cards will be kept very close ,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement