Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

We ain't signing martial for any amount lads,not directly from utd anyhow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Salah won goal of the round in Champions League. That is funny, I don't recall him scoring anything amazing. Ronaldo lost with an over head kick and a standing ovation away from home. Salah's stock is so high he can score a tap in and win goal of the round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

How did Ronaldo's not win?

I was shouting at the TV screen in disbelief when he scored. The Egyptians are mad for the online vote :pac:

There a while and hasn't progressed. He's not worth the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

There a while and hasn't progressed. He's not worth the risk.

Same would have been said about Ox - but United wouldn't sell to us regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Would they sell him to Southampton 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lallana has flown to South Africa to accelerate his rehab, hoping to be back for the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Martial would be class under Klopp. He looked brilliant under LVG a manager who like Klopp knows how to nurture young talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yep

Alonso has been charged with violent conduct by the FA.

Could miss the tie with us at Stamford Bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yep

He could sign a Pre-contract in the Jan transfer window 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Vicxas wrote: »
    Lallana has flown to South Africa to accelerate his rehab, hoping to be back for the end of the season.

IE get injured in Russia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Salah won goal of the round in Champions League. That is funny, I don't recall him scoring anything amazing. Ronaldo lost with an over head kick and a standing ovation away from home. Salah's stock is so high he can score a tap in and win goal of the round.

Does that essentially mean goal of the week or is it goal of the quarter finals over 2 legs?
    Makes no sense when Ronaldo scored one of the best goals ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Brego888 wrote:
    Does that essentially mean goal of the week or is it goal of the quarter finals over 2 legs? Makes no sense when Ronaldo scored one of the best goals ever.

It could only mean goal of the week. Ronaldo deserves goal of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

rob316 wrote: »
    Martial would be class under Klopp. He looked brilliant under LVG a manager who like Klopp knows how to nurture young talent.

Any united fans I speak to reckon he's the real deal and has everything needed to be world class. They've been saying that a few years now and barring the odd moment of brilliance all I see in him is pace. It kills me to say it but he's half the player Sterling is and even he could be a bench player in our current forward line.

I don't think Martial is a Klopp fit either tho, very selfish and it's all about him. He'd rather take on 3 players and have a half shot than pass to an unmarked team mate who had a clear shot on goal, almost like a Ronaldo attitude but without the end product to justify it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Mr.H wrote: »
    Brego888 wrote:
    Does that essentially mean goal of the week or is it goal of the quarter finals over 2 legs? Makes no sense when Ronaldo scored one of the best goals ever.

What about Salahs solo goal in the final to win the ECL ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Vicxas wrote: »
    Alonso has been charged with violent conduct by the FA.

Could miss the tie with us at Stamford Bridge.

Quite remarkable it wasn't punished originally.

There again - Mike Dean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Good news - Lovren only suffered muscle tightness in his leg at the weekend and Gomez could be in the squad for Roma.

Dejan Lovren injury boost for Liverpool as Joe Gomez set for return to full training (Liverpool Echo)

What about Salahs solo goal in the final to win the ECL ?

What about spoiler alerts...... I mean ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

ratracer wrote:
    He could sign a Pre-contract in the Jan transfer window 😂

Is he out of contract this summer?

Brego888 wrote: »
    Does that essentially mean goal of the week or is it goal of the quarter finals over 2 legs?
    Makes no sense when Ronaldo scored one of the best goals ever.

Said in article he beat off Ronaldo to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mr.H wrote: »

Goal of the 'game'week, it included the Ronaldo goal. Ridiculous that Salah won regardless of how biased we want to be, but it's a popularity contest when you open it up to public vote, and Egyptians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Said in article he beat off Ronaldo to win it.

Nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

robwen wrote: »

wee bit of dust in the eye there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

.red. wrote: »
    Any united fans I speak to reckon he's the real deal and has everything needed to be world class. They've been saying that a few years now and barring the odd moment of brilliance all I see in him is pace. It kills me to say it but he's half the player Sterling is and even he could be a bench player in our current forward line.

I don't think Martial is a Klopp fit either tho, very selfish and it's all about him. He'd rather take on 3 players and have a half shot than pass to an unmarked team mate who had a clear shot on goal, almost like a Ronaldo attitude but without the end product to justify it.

Think he got cult status after scoring on his debut but all but the most biased United fan would admit that he’s fairly meh now.

Also agree with the second part. We’ve come a long way from relying on a selfish centre forward since Klopp took over, couldn’t see him reverting to that even if it was a possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

robwen wrote: »
    Meh... It's no "If you're happy that we did it shout hooray!", but it'll do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Martial isn't a viable option at all, he could be good in an attacking team all right.

Is everyone writing off Origi, or do people want him back? Still think of all the players on the books he's the best of the rest up top, ahead of Ings, Sturridge and Solanke IMO. Wolfsburg has not worked out for him at all though but hey look a mess. I'd let Ings go and Solanke go on loan before I'd allow him to leave. Still need a forward of a high standard admittedly. Timo Werner looks an ideal fit, probably as unlikely as Martial though....

NukaCola wrote: »
    Martial isn't a viable option at all, he could be good in an attacking team all right.

Is everyone writing off Origi, or do people want him back? Still think of all the players on the books he's the best of the rest up top, ahead of Ings, Sturridge and Solanke IMO. Wolfsburg has not worked out for him at all though but hey look a mess. I'd let Ings go and Solanke go on loan before I'd allow him to leave. Still need a forward of a high standard admittedly. Timo Werner looks an ideal fit, probably as unlikely as Martial though....

I don’t think we are going to get a player of Werner’s level to swap in and out with the front 3. I think a lot of potential targets would look at our front three and think they’ll have a tough time breaking into the team.

I’d keep Origi too. He has had patches in his 2 seasons under Klopp where he has looked the real deal, but he has had a hard time maintaining that level. Definitely ahead of our other options but will probably leave for regular game time.

8-10 wrote:
    Goal of the 'game'week, it included the Ronaldo goal. Ridiculous that Salah won regardless of how biased we want to be, but it's a popularity contest when you open it up to public vote, and Egyptians

Ah I know the problem. UEFA are eventually gonna give Harry, Ronaldo's goal. So they can't say its the best one as they don't have an official scorer for it yet.

Mo better watch out. Harry is coming for his golden bell end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Don't think any of our attacking options outside of the main three are up to it and I think Klopp thinks that too, judging by how he's played them. They're only good enough for being sixth choice in the pecking order as I want two more attacking options brought in.

Sturridge - done
    Origi - not good enough, Klopp prefered Solanke over him and hasn't done much in a poor Bundesliga for a poor team. Hasn't improved.
    Ings - crippled by injuries and Klopp has had plenty of times this season to get more time into him and didn't use him.
    Solanke - still young, Klopp used him early on when he was rotating a lot but again has had plenty of opportunities to give him more time and hasn't. He needs a loan as he's not getting into this team at his current level.

Origi is gone imo. Hasn't improved his scoring at all. Along with studge and possibly Solanke on loan. I'd like to send Ben out on loan if we get a premier league side in for him. keep Ings and give him a season as back up. I think we could get Pulisic from Dortmund. He is still young enough that he could easily fight for a starting spot with Mane. Could possibly win that fight too. We are still light up front though. Probably need a couple. Be it pacey wingers or someone who can play Bobby's role.

I think it's unlikely our front three will come up with 90 goals again next season whether that comes through injury, loss of form or maybe regressing below the crazy goal scoring level they are currently playing at. We need competition for them now and not crying when one/two of them isn't doing it or is out injured and we look to the back up of Origi/Ings/Solanke.

If you stand still and assume your team will perform to it's current level you are dead in sport. City and United won't be worrying about a player getting his jimmies rustled because they sign competition for his spot.

Fromvert wrote: »
    I think it's unlikely our front three will come up with 90 goals again next season whether that comes through injury, loss of form or maybe regressing below the crazy goal scoring level they are currently playing at. We need competition for them now and not crying when one/two of them isn't doing it or is out injured and we look to the back up of Origi/Ings/Solanke.

If you stand still and assume your team will perform to it's current level you are dead in sport. City and United won't be worrying about a player getting his jimmies rustled because they sign competition for his spot.

United? Take Lukaku and his flat track bullying ways out of the equation and who do they have to provide competition? Rashford? Clearly not trusted. United NEED competition up front.

I'm talking about standing still when a window rolls around. Lukaku has been there less than a year, they went and got Sanchez in January and I'll be confident they will go and bring in more players attacking players this window. Sanchez may not have been a hit so far but they didn't stop and wait, they went and tried to improve.

Rashford is a cracking young player, same age as Solanke and they're on different planets when it comes to ability and showing it on the pitch.

Fromvert wrote: »
    I'm talking about standing still when a window rolls around. Lukaku has been there less than a year, they went and got Sanchez in January and I'll be confident they will go and bring in more players attacking players this window. Sanchez may not have been a hit so far but they didn't stop and wait, they went and tried to improve.

Rashford is a cracking young player, same age as Solanke and they're on different planets when it comes to ability and showing it on the pitch.

Perhaps, but tell that to the their gaffer.

Keeping Ings is cruelty. Deserves to start week in week out for someone midtable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lovren & Gomez due to return to full time training this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Keeping Ings is cruelty. Deserves to start week in week out for someone midtable.

Just about to say.

Absolutely mental keeping Ings "just in case."

He's literally lost 3 years of his career to injury and squad rotation. And even then he was a punt with no real track record at the time.

Time to say goodbye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I don’t think we are going to get a player of Werner’s level to swap in and out with the front 3. I think a lot of potential targets would look at our front three and think they’ll have a tough time breaking into the team.

I’d keep Origi too. He has had patches in his 2 seasons under Klopp where he has looked the real deal, but he has had a hard time maintaining that level. Definitely ahead of our other options but will probably leave for regular game time.

If we want to maintain performances in all competitions, then we need to be able to convince them.

That front 3 isn't enough, and having to drop down to Origi as the next best thing is essentially writing off 2 seasons in 3 in the league before it even begins, because we won't have the depth to go the distance.

We've been quite lucky this season with injuries, but even so between injuries, rest and suspensions they've missed 11 games between them, and that's not including playing them in games when we'd probably rather not have, not to mention that we've never anything on the bench.

Beyond that, there's form, there's tactical flexibility - we could drop Bobby behind the striker and do a 424 on the odd occasion, and there's selecting the right tools for the job. Having another, different kind of forward might be useful against certain kinds of defences.

To a large extent, you need to constantly be buying good attackers and worrying about where they'll fit later. It's an area of the team that needs to always be progressing, more so than anywhere else, even when it's putting up the numbers ours is.

Tactically Firmino is vital, and Salah has been beyond reproach, but Mane is, despite being excellent and by and large having had a very good season, not irreplaceable by any stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

noodler wrote: »
    Just about to say.

Absolutely mental keeping Ings "just in case."

He's literally lost 3 years of his career to injury and squad rotation. And even then he was a pint with no real track record at the time.

Time to say goodbye.

For his sake as well. He cannot afford to keep getting no games.

Gbear wrote: »
    If we want to maintain performances in all competitions, then we need to be able to convince them.

That front 3 isn't enough, and having to drop down to Origi as the next best thing is essentially writing off 2 seasons in 3 in the league before it even begins, because we won't have the depth to go the distance.

We've been quite lucky this season with injuries, but even so between injuries, rest and suspensions they've missed 11 games between them, and that's not including playing them in games when we'd probably rather not have, not to mention that we've never anything on the bench.

Beyond that, there's form, there's tactical flexibility - we could drop Bobby behind the striker and do a 424 on the odd occasion, and there's selecting the right tools for the job. Having another, different kind of forward might be useful against certain kinds of defences.

To a large extent, you need to constantly be buying good attackers and worrying about where they'll fit later. It's an area of the team that needs to always be progressing, more so than anywhere else, even when it's putting up the numbers ours is.

Tactically Firmino is vital, and Salah has been beyond reproach, but Mane is, despite being excellent and by and large having had a very good season, not irreplaceable by any stretch.

I totally agree but I just don’t see it being easy to convince players of that quality to join. Would love to be proved wrong though.

Ings isn't good enough. Seems like a nice lad and I'm delighted to see him fit again after years of torture for him.He should be moved on in the summer, and hopefully he does well in the rest of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Klopp was happy to let both Sturridge and Ings go on loan in January. Ings didn't because the clubs that were interested in him were not willing to guarantee he'd be starting games. That suggests that Klopp still sees a place for Ings in the squad.

In 2017, Liverpool agreed a deal to sign Sardar Azmoun from Rubin Kazan but he wanted to stay in Russia until the World Cup. He's not a jet heeled player so he would have been an alternative option to Firmino.

When Klopp took the Liverpool squad to Marbella for a four day training camp in February Azmoun met up with him. I don't think his being there was a coincidence and presumably the meeting was officially sanctioned by Rubin Kazan because they were both wearing their respective club's gear on his Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfRR8L5hRHO/

Raphael Honigstein has said that Dortmund will listen to offers in the region of €100M for Pulisic this summer and that they are adamant he won't be sold to Bayern. Klopp has been very keen on signing him since he came to Liverpool and he was heavily linked with a move after Coutinho left. He would be the club's big money signing of the transfer window if he is indeed a primary target.

Would make sense to buy a striker and put Firmino in the De Bruyne role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Can spurs hurry up and score their obvious winner already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Would make sense to buy a striker and put Firmino in the De Bruyne role.

Firmino is absolutely perfect where he is, if you attack like we do, don’t change anything unless you have to. I’ll be delighted if we start next season with the exact same front three and higher quality cover for them on the bench.

Fascinating every week. Robertson and Gini in constant conversation before the start of each half.

klose wrote: »
    Can spurs hurry up and score their obvious winner already

Its the hope that kills you.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Firmino is absolutely perfect where he is, if you attack like we do, don’t change anything unless you have to. I’ll be delighted if we start next season with the exact same front three and higher quality cover for them on the bench.

I just think our midfield 3 is poor, Ox has improved it.
    City for example play two out and out attackers in there.

A midfield of

___Can___
    Salah__Firmino

With

Messi_Suarez_Mane__ upfront

..is probably what Pep would play had he all those players in his squad.

Both Salah and Firmino were midfielders before we bought them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement