Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Throw yourself down the stairs, trap your hand in the shedder, get your head stuck in the fax machine. Something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

So you've a weak immune system and can evidence that

You're so negative when you're ill AC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

On the night shift tonight and and will miss the match.

Now not sure if I want to try and watch bits and pieces of it on my phone or just wait till 10pm and check the score.

Save the sick notes for the semi final and????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Throw yourself down the stairs, trap your hand in the shedder, get your head stuck in the fax machine. Something.
    Was going to mock that I was surprised that you knew what a shredder was Harry and then you go and reference a fax machine :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Bought myself one of those Fitbit things around Christmas, as much to motivate myself to get off my lazy arse as anything else. It reads your pulse and my normal resting pulse is about 50bpm. It's been over 90 for most of today. I am bricking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

mosstin wrote: »
    Bought myself one of those Fitbit things around Christmas, as much to motivate myself to get off my lazy arse as anything else. It reads your pulse and my normal resting pulse is about 50bpm. It's been over 90 for most of today. I am bricking it.

50bpm is quite low for anybody that's not an athlete. You must be less lazy than you make out.

50bpm is quite low for anybody that's not an athlete. You must be less lazy than you make out.

Jesus wept, I'll bet you're a right lard arse if you sit around fact checking posts on here all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I'd get that looked at..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Health parameter measuring devices are bad for your health. No question.

My test is - am I alive? yes/no.

Jesus wept, I'll bet you're a right lard arse if you sit around fact checking posts on here all day.

You should probably get the sand out of your vagina there lad. Getting so worked up about harmless posts probably isnt great for your fatboy heart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool have won only five of their 23 European quarter-final matches away from home, drawing 12 and losing six. Intriguingly, though, just two teams scored more than twice against them in those 23 games: Bayer Leverkusen in 2001/02 (4-2) and Chelsea in 2008/09 (4-4).

Liverpool have triumphed twice against domestic opponents in Europe after playing the first leg at home, beating Tottenham Hotspur in the 1972/73 UEFA Cup and Manchester United in the 2015/16 UEFA Europa League. On both occasions the Reds went on to reach the final.

not yet wrote: »
    I'd get that looked at..

It's cool - Phlegmy has me covered. Once he gets off the couch and puts down the Haagen Dazs.

tumblr_p6yq6dMWDU1vqb7ufo1_500.jpg

tumblr_p6yntfyb0T1vqb7ufo1_1280.jpg

It's cool - Phlegmy has me covered. Once he gets off the couch and puts down the Haagen Dazs.

Ice cream!! did someone mention Ice cream..

Liverpool have won only five of their 23 European quarter-final matches away from home, drawing 12 and losing six. Intriguingly, though, just two teams scored more than twice against them in those 23 games: Bayer Leverkusen in 2001/02 (4-2) and Chelsea in 2008/09 (4-4).

Liverpool have triumphed twice against domestic opponents in Europe after playing the first leg at home, beating Tottenham Hotspur in the 1972/73 UEFA Cup and Manchester United in the 2015/16 UEFA Europa League. On both occasions the Reds went on to reach the final.

I think I love you..

Haha, hilariously defensive over a harmless comment. And lots of fat insults after posting concerns about your own fitness. I think somebody is projecting.....

Anyway, I'll leave you to your match tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Absolutely bricking it over this match tonight. ****'s gonna get real when City go two up within the first ten minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

monkey9 wrote: »
    Absolutely bricking it over this match tonight. ****'s gonna get real when City go two up within the first ten minutes.

get a grip mate. City are overrated, it is a poor premiership this season and indeed the last few seasons. We will do them on the break, the tie will be over by HT, roll on the semis :)

get a grip mate. City are overrated, it is a poor premiership this season and indeed the last few seasons. We will do them on the break, the tie will be over by HT, roll on the semis :)

Discipline is the key, no red cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

No stats are going to help on the field. We just need to be brave out there, what the players feel will come into it, it did in second half at Anfield. Klopp was going mad on touchline screaming for them to push up, but the players were out there playing the game and did what came natural in that moment, defended the 3 goal lead.
    I can see us defending even if it's not the game plan, players will overrule Klopp on pitch and defend this 3 goal lead for as long as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Used up those ones already this year.

Any grannys left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

This thread and the match thread are surprisingly quiet. Presume most of us are either lighting candles or preparing for copious alcohol imbibition....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Still bulling at Ox for being greedy in the first leg. We should be 4 up already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

ballyargus wrote: »
    Still bulling at Ox for being greedy in the first leg. We should be 4 up already

Were you expecting 3-0 before the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

Before the first leg id have taken a one goal lead into tonight. Now we've 3 and not conceded an away goal and I'm ****ting it. If we only won 2-1 I think my heart would explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I was expecting 4 nil actually.

On the night shift tonight and and will miss the match.

Now not sure if I want to try and watch bits and pieces of it on my phone or just wait till 10pm and check the score.

Look at it as though your looking at a horror movie through one hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why not download the 3 player and sneakily watch it?

D'Agger wrote: »
    People can get sick at any time of the day you know...

Blue flu...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I feel like I'd be a lot more relaxed if it was only a 1-0 lead or something, we just have so much to hold on to now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Well, at least we know City have to attack. I guess they would anyway so no surprises there, but they dont have much time to be patient with the ball, which is how they like to play. We should be looking to frustrate them and stick it to them on the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Phleghmy is a good lad in fairness, I know him in the "real world"...

Yes he is a big Man U fan (we all have issues!) but I think he was taking the p1ss...

I think you took him up wrong tbh

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Well, at least we know City have to attack. I guess they would anyway so no surprises there, but they dont have much time to be patient with the ball, which is how they like to play. We should be looking to frustrate them and stick it to them on the counter.

This, if we get over the first half hour the gaps will start to appear on the counter, if we get one goal then it should be over

If Salah is 100% We'll piss this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

No stats are going to help on the field. We just need to be brave out there, what the players feel will come into it, it did in second half at Anfield. Klopp was going mad on touchline screaming for them to push up, but the players were out there playing the game and did what came natural in that moment, defended the 3 goal lead.
    I can see us defending even if it's not the game plan, players will overrule Klopp on pitch and defend this 3 goal lead for as long as possible.
    Klopp told them at half time that the most important thing was to not concede an away goal - he didn't care if Liverpool didn't score in the second half. He didn't want them to repeat the mistake made in the league game at Anfield.

He was agitated on the sideline because the team were falling back to their own 18 yard box which is where you don't want to be defending against Man City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Sneaky emre start anyone???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

30167917_10156758535817573_8421455949846133849_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c08051f5908257e25fe3976aebb51382&oe=5B2C82A2

Salah starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

So is that presumably Gini playing in a 6 role that he did against Everton?

Hopefully they can all last the pace as there's not much to pick from on the bench, but spidey senses are positive for this one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Kompany dropped, Aguro also on the bench presumbaly not fully fit. Fernadinho left back, we really have no excuse not to score at least once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

They're gonna pile on us, we have to be clinical on the break and get a goal, we'll need one to settle the nerves at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Kompany dropped, Aguro also on the bench presumbaly not fully fit. Fernadinho left back, we really have no excuse not to score at least once
    Fernandinho at left back makes no sense - he has to screen Otamendi and Laporte. Bernardo will be left back so that he can work in tandem with Sane to overload TAA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

They're gonna pile on us, we have to be clinical on the break and get a goal, we'll need one to settle the nerves at the very least.

I know people are nervous, and I'm not saying you're being negative but we have a very strong team out and have a great chance and hold a crucial 3-0 advantage.

We should be positive.

All out attack from city, just do what Fernandinho says we do and hit long balls to get a 3 on 3 going the other way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Let's hope no silly penos and red cards get dished out like our league game here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Might need the bong for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Did TV3 really just call Liverpool's win at Anfield last week a 'Smash and Grab'? Lol

Ah yeah. The first half 3-0 smash and grab...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think the City back 3 is quite poor and could be torn apart by our front 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

I'm sure we'll do the job tonight. Why are we afraid to post in the match thread though? Happens with other teams too I know just the littlest things are annoying me now.

Start the match please!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement