Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

klose wrote: »
    Can spurs hurry up and score their obvious winner already

The only way up from awarding Harry Kane a goal he didn’t score is awarding him a goal nobody scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The only way up from awarding Harry Kane a goal he didn’t score is awarding him a goal nobody scored.

Looks like Mo might have put his studs in for him tonight. Couldn't keep his feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Ings isn't good enough. Seems like a nice lad and I'm delighted to see him fit again after years of torture for him.He should be moved on in the summer, and hopefully he does well in the rest of his career.
    Ings reminds me a lot of Dirk Kuyt, he may not possess the technical skill or pace of our other forwards but he has a big heart and will run himself into the ground for the team. I think Klopp will always have a place in the squad for such a player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Azmoun has had a very quiet season. No better than Originals. I've said this a million times if I've said it once Kevin Volland (even my phone browser knows his name!) would be the ideal rotation forward, knows Firmino from Hoffenhiem, can play as striker, second striker or right side. I'm sure he'd jump at the chance.

Spurs drop two points:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Third is ours to lose now :)

• Advertisement

Fair play Seagulls. Spurs look fatigued.

Sitting comfortable in 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Talisman wrote: »

Raphael Honigstein has said that Dortmund will listen to offers in the region of €100M for Pulisic this summer and that they are adamant he won't be sold to Bayern. Klopp has been very keen on signing him since he came to Liverpool and he was heavily linked with a move after Coutinho left. He would be the club's big money signing of the transfer window if he is indeed a primary target.

Unless FSG have a big marketing deal on him state side I wouldnt imagine anyone spending 100+ million on him. He has been off the boil this season for BVB and hasnt featured in many games for the full 90 minutes if at all. Watching him live its as if he is carrying a weight on his shoulders...either he is playing through injury/lack of fitness or he has been effected more by the bomb attack as we all think.

Personally at this moment in time and having watched him in all BVB home games over the last 2 seasons....if I had to put a price on his head it would be no more than €35 million. Situation changes if you can market him state side....however 100+ is way off the mark even then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ings reminds me a lot of Dirk Kuyt, he may not possess the technical skill or pace of our other forwards but he has a big heart and will run himself into the ground for the team. I think Klopp will always have a place in the squad for such a player.

Ridiculous comparison in my opinion.

Kuyt delivered at just about every level for the club. Against the top four, latter stages of the champions league, all consistently.

Every position too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Vicxas wrote: »
    Third is ours to lose now :)

It always was with the goal difference.

I think it's still possible that we can get 2nd.

• Advertisement

Be nice if Bournemouth could get a point tomorrow. I think they way they move the ball could trouble Utd, unless they just allow themselves to be rolled over ;) but they at home.

Not on the same level at all imo.

Kuyt was far superior to Ings so not the best comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think that this means more video is class

noodler wrote: »

Kuyt delivered at just about every level for the club. Against the top four, latter stages of the champions league, all consistently.

Every position too.
    Kuyt was not a prolific goal scorer for Liverpool. The same season he scored 7 goals in the Champions League, he only managed 3 goals in the Premier League. 13 goals (including 3 penalties and the tap in hat-trick against Man Utd) was his best Premier League total in a season. Ings managed to score 11 Premier League goals in his debut Premier League season with Burnley.

I'm not going to argue about the importance of the goals that he scored but he was primarily an Energizer Bunny.

Be nice if Bournemouth could get a point tomorrow. I think they way they move the ball could trouble Utd, unless they just allow themselves to be rolled over ;) but they at home.
    The result will depend on which Man Utd team shows up - the players may be focused on the Semi-Final at the weekend.

Kuyt was not a prolific goal scorer for Liverpool. The same season he scored 7 goals in the Champions League, he only managed 3 goals in the Premier League. 13 goals (including 3 penalties and the tap in hat-trick against Man Utd) was his best Premier League total in a season. Ings managed to score 11 Premier League goals in his debut Premier League season with Burnley.

I'm not going to argue about the importance of the goals that he scored but he was primarily an Energizer Bunny.

Makes it all the fucking sweeter imo. Loved Dirk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Dirk Kuyt had game intelligence, ability and hard work that very few players have. Hence why he's played from CF all the way back to RB for the dutch in three different World Cups. Was also a sweet peno taker. Danny Ings ain't half the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Yeah but he was playing on the right rather than as a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Kuyt was the man for the big moment. Never gave up, so underrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Seems City owe us money now that Sterling won the league with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Seems City owe us money now that Sterling won the league with them.

Anything worth while?

On a similar vein, do we get anything of Coutinho wins it with Barcelona?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If you told me at the start of last summer that the following would happen, I would have pegged this season as a borderline write off.

- Not sign a CB until the end of January
    - Not sign a goalie
    - Only fullback signing is Robertson
    - No midfielders brought in, unless you count Chamberlain who most people viewed as a winger.
    - Klopp would announce Milner would only play in midfield, and it would be "like a new signing"
    - Only Solanke brought in as a striker
    - Origi loaned out
    - Clyne injured for the entire season
    - TAA and Gomez rotate for the RB spot the entire season
    - Lallana out for months
    - Coutinho sold in January

It's actually just impossible to doubt the man, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Kuyt played as a defensive wide striker on the right.

To be honest I think he would fit into a klopp team with ease. He would probably be one of our moat important players if he was here now. Himself and Suarez are klopp type strikers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Every position too.

The definition of a big game player too. Adored him. Scored when we needed him to score, defended when we needed him to defend, and kept a tempo and aggression on the pitch at all times. One of my favourite ever LFC players.

Also, in his few years of CL football with us, he scored in every single round of the Champions League for Liverpool, from qualifier round right through to the final. Incredible achievement that very very few players can boast.

Tusky wrote: »
    Yeah but he was playing on the right rather than as a striker.
    Kuyt began his Liverpool career as a centre forward. Benitez obviously felt he was better suited to the wide position in the team when he moved him to the right wing. I'm sure if we were to go back through the old threads on the forum there would be plenty of posts voicing displeasure at Kuyt's performances or aspects of his game.

My original point was that he would run himself into the ground for the benefit of the team. He was prepared to do the dirty work for the sake of the team and it wasn't appreciated at the time by a lot of fans. It seems that fans are more appreciative of him now with the benefit of hindsight. Or maybe I'm engaged in conversation with the true believers who always appreciated the player and championed his cause.

Ings will also do the dirty work for the team - it seems to me that fans don't appreciate the player because he hasn't scored any goals during his massive 209 minutes of first team football since he returned from his last serious injury.

Firmino has been doing the dirty work for the team for a few years and only now has he begun to be appreciated. Coincidently he has begun clocking up goals this season.

Players like Kuyt, Firmino and Ings bring more than goals to the teams they play in - it isn't always appreciated by the fans but it certainly is by the manager of the team.

Knex. wrote: »
    It's actually just impossible to doubt the man, really.
    Everything is rosey at the moment but it won't take much for people to start on him again. Wait until the transfer window opens and his transfer targets are revealed or he decides to convert a player to a new position rather than sign a player.

Anything worth while?

On a similar vein, do we get anything of Coutinho wins it with Barcelona?

1 million, worth while to me or you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

DbAcmiXWsAAPsip?format=jpg&name=900x900

murpho999 wrote: »
    It always was with the goal difference.

I think it's still possible that we can get 2nd.

Considering they’d be two points ahead of us if they’d beaten City at the weekend it wasn’t always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Salah the only Liverpool player to make the PFA team of the year.
    De Gea, Walker, Vertonghen, Otamendi, Alonso, David Silva, De Bruyne, Eriksen, Salah, Kane, Aguero.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/986536481589166080

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Salah the only Liverpool player to make the PFA team of the year.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/986536481589166080

Always hard to get this right but I would have Sterling and Firmino in there. Three Spurs players is not right imho.

How come there aren't any Utd outfield players there despite me reading in the Utd thread that they have individually better players than us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

The longer folks keep underrating FunBob GoalPants, the happier I'll be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Aguero shouldn't be in despite his goals.

Bobby would be the perfect secret weapon were it not for his smile which tends to give his position away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Otamendi ffs lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Every position too.

Or play a key role in a team that went to extra time in the World Cup Final. Mad shtuff.

Alonso has been awful this year ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Love seeing Walker and Otamendi in the team after being utterly embarrassed by the TRIFECTA OF DOOM (as I've begun calling them) in the quarters :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

MD1990 wrote: »
    Aguero shouldn't be in despite his goals.
    He had never made it before, and that fact had been highlighted so not surprising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I wouldn't mind Firmino not getting in if they'd put in Sterling and Fernandinho.

Eriksen getting in is daft. He barely has better stats than Coutinho despite playing over twice as much.

• Advertisement

Its odd and doesn't make  sense,
    They have put in defenders at least correctly as in a right back, two CB and a left back, but then positions go out the window why ?
    Why not pick the best player in each position ?
    For example , Sane been the best left winger, salah right winger , Kane number 9 .,

Mr.H wrote: »
    Kuyt played as a defensive wide striker on the right.

To be honest I think he would fit into a klopp team with ease. He would probably be one of our moat important players if he was here now. Himself and Suarez are klopp type strikers

Where would he play?
    Gbear wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Firmino not getting in if they'd put in Sterling and Fernandinho.

Eriksen getting in is daft. He barely has better stats than Coutinho despite playing over twice as much.

I doubt it's all just about stats, to be fair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Alonso has been awful this year ,

Not my best yr but hoping to get some quality posts out in coming months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Shows the influence of stats.

Alonso in because he has 6 goals. Aguero in for his goals. No Fernandinho instead they have Eriksen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It is too stat driven Salah would never have gotten in only for his 40 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Bit of a travesty to not include any Burnley players.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kane is checking to see if he can be awarded Eriksen's spot in the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Kane is checking to see if he can be awarded Eriksen's spot in the team.

Is it too much to ask for an insta-ban on this god awful joke yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Coutinho likely to be back in Anfield on June 6th for Brazil v Croatia friendly

Is it too much to ask for an insta-ban on this god awful joke yet?

No way
    Apollo 11 blasted off on July 16, 1969. Harry Kane was the astronaut on board.
    Four days later, Harry Kane landed on the moon in his Lunar Module. It was called the Eagle.On July 20, 1969, Harry Kane became the first human to step on the moons surface. He walked around for three hours, did experiments, picked up bits of moon dirt and rocks, he then placed a Spurs flag on the moon.
    On July 24, 1969, Harry Kane came back to Earth safely to a hero's welcome.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement