Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It is too stat driven Salah would never have gotten in only for his 40 goals.

You need to lay off the booze kid :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Not my best yr but hoping to get some quality posts out in coming months

I've heard you Alonsos are half decent at bouncing back after not a great season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Talisman wrote: »
    In 2017, Liverpool agreed a deal to sign Sardar Azmoun from Rubin Kazan but he wanted to stay in Russia until the World Cup. He's not a jet heeled player so he would have been an alternative option to Firmino.

When Klopp took the Liverpool squad to Marbella for a four day training camp in February Azmoun met up with him. I don't think his being there was a coincidence and presumably the meeting was officially sanctioned by Rubin Kazan because they were both wearing their respective club's gear on his Instagram.

So how will people spell his name? Asmoun? Azmun? Azmon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dickerty wrote: »

We'll butcher it, like we do with everyone else's name.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Augeo wrote: »
    Where would he play?

I doubt it's all just about stats, to be fair :)

Probably wouldn't displace any of our front three as a starter, but Rafa era Kuyt would be a brilliant backup option for Firmino. Great backup option for all three positions in rotation too, and a great option off the bench.

PL team of the year -

David de Gea (Manchester United)
    Kyle Walker (Man City)
    Nicolas Otamendi (Man City)
    Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham)
    Marcos Alonso (Chelsea)
    David Silva (Man City)
    Christian Eriksen (Tottenham)
    Kevin de Bruyne (Man City)
    Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
    Harry Kane (Tottenham)
    Sergio Aguero (Man City)

Robertson has been great, but only since regular starting in Dec. Likewise Trent.
    Firmino as well, but hard to get him ahead of Kane or Aguero.

Based on second half of the season, I think we'd have Robertson, VVD, Firmino and Salah.

Vicxas wrote: »
    We'll butcher it, like we do with everyone else's name.....

Agree Viqas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Not even up for debate, surely?

Assman.

But then, sure, who isn't?

Agree Viqas...

Trust me, even I trip up on my own name. Ill never understand why I chose it as my Xbox Live name all those years ago...

• Advertisement

Trust me, even I trip up on my own name. Ill never understand why I chose it as my Xbox Live name all those years ago...

Who are you telling!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

To be fair firmino is class but in terms of picking a striker for team of the year he doesn't make it for me. There are a few better than him when it comes to goals and that's what is looked at for a striker.

I really feel like we have never been so close to having a well wounded team. If we could get a central back, center mid, wide man and a striker I feel like we would have enough to actually challenge. Our squad is just a little thin but those four additions would give us a lot of depth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Mr.H wrote: »
    To be fair firmino is class but in terms of picking a striker for team of the year he doesn't make it for me. There are a few better than him when it comes to goals and that's what is looked at for a striker.

I really feel like we have never been so close to having a well (wounded) team. If we could get a central back, center mid, wide man and a striker I feel like we would have enough to actually challenge. Our squad is just a little thin but those four additions would give us a lot of depth

We still own sturridge and have Lallana, both are regularly well wounded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

corwill wrote: »
    Not even up for debate, surely?

Assman.

But then, sure, who isn't?

This will do fine

It even comes with a ready made song for the Kop to work with

I really feel like we have never been so close to having a well wounded team. If we could get a central back, center mid, wide man and a striker I feel like we would have enough to actually challenge. Our squad is just a little thin but those four additions would give us a lot of depth

The big concern is (whisper it) injuries. We are now very reliant on VVD, Salah and Firmino in particular. So would love to sign 3/4 more, lock down the CB options (I personally think the current 5 options are good), and keep loaning the kids...

Gomez is back in full training, relieves our CB woes a tiny bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool closing in on signing Neves according to reports in Portugal.

Be a great buy! Won't be cheap coming from a Mendes club though. Might even be worth loaning him back to them for a season in the prem - though he already looks like he could battle for a first team place with us, especially if Can leaves.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Be a great buy! Won't be cheap coming from a Mendes club though. Might even be worth loaning him back to them for a season in the prem - though he already looks like he could battle for a first team place with us, especially if Can leaves.

Neves, Jorginho & Keita would be a great way to start next season in our weakest area central midfield.

Actually loaning him back might be the way to get him if the reports are true.

On top of Ox, Gurjic, Milner & Henderson that would be a great group to pick from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would prefer Firmino as a starting striker than Aguero.

Better all round player. Aguero still good but not at his peak anymore but will still get Goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Neves would be great but he won't join Liverpool. Mendes is his agent & will probably keep him at Wolves. He is very involved at the club & is Nuno's agent as well.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Neves would be great but he won't join Liverpool. Mendes is his agent & will probably keep him at Wolves. He is very involved at the club & is Nuno's agent as well.

It'll come down to money. He'll go within the next 13 months I think, but for a lot of money.

Does anyone think a club will buy Sturridge this summer or will he sit out his contract it would be mice to get him off the books and use his wages for on someone who will contribute to the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Does anyone think a club will buy Sturridge this summer or will he sit out his contract it would be mice to get him off the books and use his wages for on someone who will contribute to the squad.

Damn you, I suddenly have a craving for chocolate mice.

Im sure a promoted club will take a gamble on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Probably another loan with LFC paying XX% of his wages is the best we can hope for, I think I read he has only played 78 mins for WBA!!!

Wait, isn't Sturridge's contact up in the summer?

Damn you, I suddenly have a craving for chocolate mice.

Damm you, Now I have too :P

Off down to the pick and mix shop :D

If it is I'm guessing it won't be renewed anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Balls, you're right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

What's the story with loan deals after the transfer deadline?

Just wondering, as the FA managers voted to shut the window 2 days before before the start of the season this year - so the 9th Aug - does that stop teams sending out youths to clubs in the other European leagues that have stuck with the 31st Aug deadline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

MD1990 wrote:
    I would prefer Firmino as a starting striker than Aguero.

Of course I agree. But in Terms of picking players for team of the year, goals will always trump work rate.

We could easily pick a team that would beat the official team of the year.

Courtios
    Azpilicueta - VVD - Hegazi - Robertson
    Kante
    Alli - hazard
    Sane - firmino - sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    What's the story with loan deals after the transfer deadline?

Just wondering, as the FA managers voted to shut the window 2 days before before the start of the season this year - so the 9th Aug - does that stop teams sending out youths to clubs in the other European leagues that have stuck with the 31st Aug deadline?

Other clubs can register players in their own window, it's just premier league clubs cant register players after Aug 9th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

He went to West brom,why not wolves,for free,sweetner ...

No recall option..

Ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Someone here suggested buying him and doing a loan back for next season so he can build up his PL pecks, that is probably a good idea if this report is anything more than a puff of transfer smokes and mirrors. Get Jorginho for 2018/19 and then move on one of Milner/Hendo for Neves (Milner will surely be ready for a full time career in dryly amusing social media by then).

edit - Agent Coulson did right above me! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Naby Kieta is like an ice cream Mars bar left in the bottom of the freezer.

I forgot we bought that. Deadly. Can't wait to have that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Actually loaning him back might be the way to get him if the reports are true.

It'd kinda suit us as well.

Milner can't keep going forever, and he was in and out of the team a lot in the first half of the season, but the 2nd half and the business end of things shows he still has it.

Next season will bring him to the end of his contract and we'll have a lad waiting to step in, with a year's bedding into the PL under his belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://m.imgur.com/a/kDlhq

Mignolet having the lols...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmzeY7d4-6Q

If you didn't already love the Ox .... and hated the other guy....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Aguero this six more league goals and one less assist than Firmino.

Nonetheless, no one is going to tell me that he had a better season than Bobby.

Any other year fine, but Firmino has been far better for more games and I feel (altered to research to back it up) that aguero's goals came in surges (say the four he scored in that one game) whilst Bobby was scoring regularly all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Milner and hendo are the cornerstone of the team that got into champions league semi final. We have little depth as seen against Bournemouth. Wijnaldum is the player that imo adds nothing. Need 4 players,cb.no8/6 type player and a no8/10 style playrr and an attacker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Milner and hendo are the cornerstone of the team that got into champions league semi final. We have little depth as seen against Bournemouth. Wijnaldum is the player that imo adds nothing. Need 4 players,cb.no8/6 type player and a no8/10 style playrr and an attacker

Remarkably harsh. He's been inconsistent this season but on his day he's excellent. Did a job for us in Henderson's absence vs City. I think he's the perfect squad player - would hate to get rid of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Wijnaldum will probably never or rarely lose you a game, but he'd very rarely win you a game either. He's tidy on the ball and does a decent job. Ideal squad player IMO and fills in well when needed.

Gini has a catchy tune too

It really has been a season to bring back songs to the terraces.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

About time, it was nice to hear "song for Salah" against Bournemouth (who are **** tonight)
    for much of the game. And then "BOBBY FIRMINO!" of course :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

It's not bad looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Photographers must have a nightmare trying to get Bobby to look at the camera

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement