Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yeah, not bad looking at all tbh. Not really a massive fan of collars, but I was expecting worse for some reason.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm a fan of the new strip. I like the socks, it looks like there is 1 white hoop midway rather that loads of white around the top which we have now.
    Loving the collar, looks well wither buttoned or unbuttoned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Still prefer this years one

Could be worse if the United one is real it is like they took an old Watford top and changed the yellow to red :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Do any of you (adults) actually wear replica kits? very bizarre behaviour IMO.

Wouldn't wear one cutting the grass tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    I haven't had one sine I was teen I wouldn't wear one , but the missus buys my the training gear from time to time and it'd use it in the gym ,

I have the Orange one for umpiring Hockey as no team will have a top that colour and it stands out a lot but other than that i would wear a polo shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've the five European cups tattooed across my forehead, I think a jersey might be overkill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

If you mean the jersey then yeah, myself and the small widden are going over to the game Tuesday and we will be wearing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Grayditch wrote: »
    I've the five European cups tattooed across my forehead, I think a jersey might be overkill.

Has there been 5 different European cups?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ah what, we’re getting rid of this season’s jersey after just a year? It’s the nicest one we’ve had in years! That new jersey is just harking back to the Hodgson era.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You must have an awful time of things at all the intercounty hurling matches you attend giving out to people for this.

For reference, I don't wear Liverpool jerseys, haven't in years, but if other people want to wear them, off they go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

monkey9 wrote: »
    Ah what, we’re getting rid of this season’s jersey after just a year? It’s the nicest one we’ve had in years! That new jersey is just harking back to the Hodgson era.

This is a modern trend that I'm not fond of. I don't buy them often (actually probably about ten years!) but it must be an absolute nightmare if you're a parent with kids who want the up to date one to have to change it every season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

This season's is very nice I think, will be wearing it on Tuesday night for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

monkey9 wrote: »

What's a Hodgson :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I had a good few jerseys over the years, and used to wear them a bit years ago, and then only when playing 5-a-side (with Boom_Bap), but haven't bought or even worn a jersey in many years.

some highlights included;

yellow Adidas away jersey with 'Gonzales" on the back
    a red long sleeve Reebok with 'OWEN' on the back
    a white Adidas one with 'Champions 05 of Europe' on the back
    another white Adidas one with 'Fowler' (when he returned for his 2nd spell)

plus many more that didn't get names/numbers on the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I thought we all wore the gear, all the time and all the ways. All of it and use the cups, pencil cases etc.
    I know I do and the missus love when I wear my Liverpool pjs to bed.
    In my view anyone that thinks anyone wearing a jersey of the team they support is somehow childish is a complete edgelord* and would seriously want to get over themselves.

* I was called this in the library by a 13 year old for saying Raphael was my favourite Turtle.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I had a good few jerseys over the years, and used to wear them a bit years ago, and then only when playing 5-a-side (with Boom_Bap), but haven't bought or even worn a jersey in many years.

some highlights included;

yellow Adidas away jersey with 'Gonzales" on the back
    a red long sleeve Reebok with 'OWEN' on the back
    a white Adidas one with 'Champions 05 of Europe' on the back
    another white Adidas one with 'Fowler' (when he returned for his 2nd spell)

plus many more that didn't get names/numbers on the back

I remember the #11 Gonzales one!
    I think you had a green goalie one as well?

Pretty sure I didn't have any Liverpool ones back then, I think the only jersey I owned was a Nigeria one for some bizarre reason.

I do have the last Warrior jersey that we wore. Now I just buy them for my son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What's a Hodgson :confused:

FinishedGreatHarrier-max-1mb.gif

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I remember the #11 Gonzales one!
    I think you had a green goalie one as well?

Don't think I ever had a goalie jersey.

Champion Sports (I think it was Champion) in Northside SC used to be great for cheap jerseys from mainland Europe. I remember having a dark green Feyenoord jersey, as well as picking up a Marseille, Porto and a few others even a Stockport County jersey!!

I was a bit of a collector!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Champion Sports (I think it was Champion) in Northside SC used to be great for cheap jerseys from mainland Europe. I remember having a dark green Feyenoord jersey, as well as picking up a Marseille, Porto and a few others even a Stockport County jersey!!

Champion down in Cork used do that too. I had Boca Juniors, AC and Inter Milan, Juvé and Hamburg!

I also bought one of these after Istanbul, Limited to 10,000 I think and it's never even been removed from the cardboard box it came in!

rare_and_limited_edition_liverpool_football_club_champions_league_winner_in_2005_commemorative_box_j_1465011580_e1aaf9d0.jpg

Hopefully in another 5-10 years it'll be worth a few million, and I can retire off it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I also bought one of these after Istanbul, Limited to 10,000 I think and it's never even been removed from the cardboard box it came in!

rare_and_limited_edition_liverpool_football_club_champions_league_winner_in_2005_commemorative_box_j_1465011580_e1aaf9d0.jpg

Hopefully in another 5-10 years it'll be worth a few million, and I can retire off it!

A lot nicer than my one but I still think it's pretty cool:

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/istanbul-10th-anniversary-signed-boxed-shirt/

I'll get it framed eventually

There was a shop on Georges St that used to have them as well, I used to go in just to see what the most odd jersey they had in stock was :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ERG89 wrote: »
    FinishedGreatHarrier-max-1mb.gif

Nope..... Still don't know him :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I had an Albert Riera jersey at one point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Bought the home jersey at the start of last year from a dodgy site, 16 quid was nothing. Quality wasn't great and the 'Firmino 11' fell off but worth it for a training top. Actually ordered the away one but got the home. For the price I can't complain.

Also got a really nice Ajax one with 'Cruyff 14' on the back. Still in top condition and I wear/wash it a lot. Same price.

DisastrousOddballFawn-max-1mb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Hodgson-funny-gif.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

roy_h.jpg?itok=qVEzJRPc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

This is a modern trend that I'm not fond of. I don't buy them often (actually probably about ten years!) but it must be an absolute nightmare if you're a parent with kids who want the up to date one to have to change it every season.

Yea must be a nightmare if you're incapable of saying no to your kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

40 yrs ago this May I spent my communion money on one of those big rectangular vinyl Liverpool kit bags that seemed huge to a 7yr old and used as my my school bag for at least 2nd and 3rd class until my mum gave up trying to mend the strap and then the zip that kept breaking. Also got a Liverpool flask! - remember them? flasks seemed to be a big part of our lives back in 70's for some reason - big, long white yoke with the Liver Bird crest on the front and back...

Then, the last present I ever got from Santa was the Kenny Daglish soccer game - can't believe I found a link to it - was still playing it with mates into my teens....

http://footballcollectorsitems.com/toys-games/1960s-kenny-dalglish-soccer-game-by-casdon1394396749.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Roy has always been a gentleman, even in the face of all the abuse and humour that comes his way.
    Palace had 0 points when he took over, so over 30 games he gained 34 pts and a chance of safety.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LiamoSail wrote: »

The way I'd see it is as a part of the process of indoctrination. If they wear a Liverpool jersey to training/school/visiting/wherever occasionally at least, then they will be less inclined to even consider a traitorous act like wanting to be a utd fan. That is grounds for adoption imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

kopite386 wrote: »

Don't hate the new kit but don't love it either. It's just a bit meh. Definitely not as nice as the current one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Favourite jersey was the adidas red with the collar from 08/09 I think. Have great memories of Torres unit. Also got is signed by a good few of them after a game I went to. Only about 14 at the time though I'd say!
    Always liked the 13/14 one and that's the last one i have, got it as a present! Seems if the team is playing well and successful supporters will like the jersey regardless of what it looks like!
    Not a huge fan of next seasons one but if we win the prem in it I'll probably love it. OurYear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

LiamoSail wrote: »

It's an item that kids are happy to wear day in day out for the entire year, and takes about an hour to get washed and dried. I don't think its the worst £50 a year deal for parents really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

My favourite is the 1992 - 1994 away shirt (white with green sleeves and black Adidas stripes coming up vertically from the corners). Picked one up on ebay in good nick for about €50 a couple of years ago and have worn it to Anfield a couple of times.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/337699672031468270/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Always liked the 13/14 one and that's the last one i have, got it as a present!

Got the same as a present nice and warm to wear in bed.
    Last Liverpool Jersey I bought was a 2004/5 one with Alonso 14 on the back. I was.....around 15 then. Had the nice 2003 black away jersey stolen at a match in Loughrea. Being frugal that annoys me still. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    40 yrs ago this May I spent my communion money on one of those big rectangular vinyl Liverpool kit bags that seemed huge to a 7yr old and used as my my school bag for at least 2nd and 3rd class until my mum gave up trying to mend the strap and then the zip that kept breaking. Also got a Liverpool flask! - remember them? flasks seemed to be a big part of our lives back in 70's for some reason - big, long white yoke with the Liver Bird crest on the front and back...

Then, the last present I ever got from Santa was the Kenny Daglish soccer game - can't believe I found a link to it - was still playing it with mates into my teens....

http://footballcollectorsitems.com/toys-games/1960s-kenny-dalglish-soccer-game-by-casdon1394396749.html

Got my first Liverpool shirt the morning after winning the European Cup in 1977. Mother brought me downtown I was 9 yrs old. Got Liverpool crest and European cup final crest stitched on and no. 9 on the back for Heighway ( I'm a leftie). Interestingly it was the loss to Utd that cemented my love for Liverpool as I had to stick resolutely by them, when my Manchester Utd supporting friends nearly made me cry after the 1977 FA cup.

I remember flasks, school bags and anyone remember the Kenny Dalglish annual about his first year or 18 months in liverpoool. ( the difficulty of having to stay in a hotel for a while was one that stuck in my memory.)

Lived in New York for a bit of time and used to go a store called the Onion Bag, that was probably one of the first places to sell good soccer gear there. Got a lovely 50s retro jersey there.

Unfortunately, I no longer possess the physique to wear a jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is the western union sponsor on the fan jerseys this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Has anyone got a transfer rumour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I have hearsay and conjecture, those are kind of rumours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

5starpool wrote: »
    The way I'd see it is as a part of the process of indoctrination. If they wear a Liverpool jersey to training/school/visiting/wherever occasionally at least, then they will be less inclined to even consider a traitorous act like wanting to be a utd fan. That is grounds for adoption imo.

or just starve them if they want to a Utd fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

They upset posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Wilshire joining on a free it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

They upset posters.

Doubly so if they’re jokes.
    Wilshire joining on a free it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wrong night no it's not.

Come on Burnley and Manager of the year Sean Dyche does us a favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No presser today?

Arent they normally on a Thursday?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement