Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Vicxas wrote: »
    I have hearsay and conjecture, those are kind of rumours?
    and kinds of evidence :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vicxas wrote: »
    I have hearsay and conjecture, those are kind of rumours?

link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wilshire was linked with Wolves, that would be such a typical transfer error by a quite rich promoted side - "oh look quality experience on a free, we can use that sort of nouse and pay the wages, sure it might be a risk but worth it (while whistling past the graveyard)"

Buy Neves and loan him back to Wolves.

Gurjic has something about him that I like and has been a star for Cardiff since joining them let him get PL experience with Cardiff if they come up or loan him to Wolves for the season as part of the Neves deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

They seem to love him in Cardiff with lots of impressive stats when he plays and he might have a good World Cup too, so I wonder if Cardiff might put in a bid for him....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

This is a modern trend that I'm not fond of. I don't buy them often (actually probably about ten years!) but it must be an absolute nightmare if you're a parent with kids who want the up to date one to have to change it every season.

Of course, you could always say no, unless they've grown out of it!
    My kids ask for stuff all the time, and the answer is usually no...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wilshire was linked with Wolves, that would be such a typical transfer error by a quite rich promoted side - "oh look quality experience on a free, we can use that sort of nouse and pay the wages, sure it might be a risk but worth it (while whistling past the graveyard)"

Wilshere in midfield, Sturridge up front, all they need is someone like Phil Jones in defence to complete the set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Wilshere in midfield, Sturridge up front, all they need is someone like Phil Jones in defence to complete the set.

51PEW78T71L._SY445_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Goal of the season for barnes.

I'm sure he meant it;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

5starpool wrote: »
    The way I'd see it is as a part of the process of indoctrination. If they wear a Liverpool jersey to training/school/visiting/wherever occasionally at least, then they will be less inclined to even consider a traitorous act like wanting to be a utd fan. That is grounds for adoption imo.

My kid came home from the hospital wearing an "el nino 9"jersey back in 09.
    7 years later his friends convinced him to switch allegiances to that other crowd. His aunt bought him a jersey that erupted into an argument that brought up other issues that had already been simmering and 2 years on and we haven't spoken since.
    He got another jersey that he's not allowed wear when I'm in the house. I collected him from his grandads house a few months ago and he was wearing it so wasn't allowed into my car with it on. He had to leave it behind and came home with no top on.
    I've emptied the washing machine afew times and left it there. Brought in the clothes from the line a few times and left it hanging there too.

• Advertisement

Thats a bit extreme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Victory Moses still trying to f*ck us over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Thats a bit extreme.

My wife would agree with you!

.red. wrote: »
    My wife would agree with you!

I'm not too friendly when it comes to that lot but I've often purchased jerseys and other items as gifts for people.

You saying that you left a Jersey in the washing machine did make me laugh though.

What were you doing at the washing machine in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I'll never forget rocking home one week to my mam's house and I went out the back garden for a smoke and saw that other jersey on our washing line...

I had a mini epileptic fit at my Mam asking her what the feck was going on and it was my sister's fellas jersey and he moved in, still can't get rid of him 1 child later... :D

If he makes my skin and blister happy then I'll let him away with being a Manc I suppose... he can wash his jerseys at home though in future...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

7 years later his friends convinced him to switch allegiances to that other crowd. His aunt bought him a jersey that erupted into an argument that brought up other issues that had already been simmering and 2 years on and we haven't spoken since.
    He got another jersey that he's not allowed wear when I'm in the house. I collected him from his grandads house a few months ago and he was wearing it so wasn't allowed into my car with it on. He had to leave it behind and came home with no top on.
    I've emptied the washing machine afew times and left it there. Brought in the clothes from the line a few times and left it hanging there too.

You should have looked into disowning him. Good solid effort though.

Stupid Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

At first I was saying Jesus what a ****, but I was laughing towards the end, good story.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

5starpool wrote:
    Stupid Burnley.
    4 games left; 7 points clear of Chelsea. All Liverpool need is 2 wins & there is nothing they can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    4 games left; 7 points clear of Chelsea. All Liverpool need is 2 wins & there is nothing they can do.

I know, but would have been nice to have more room, even though there shouldn't be any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

7 points clear.

4 games to go.

Need 6 points from games against WBA, Stoke, Chelsea and Brighton.

Liverpool in top form and playing with great confidence.

I really don't see why people are worried about Chelsea's score tonight.

Lovren is Salah’s Moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

In a way it will likely benefit the team to focus in and see out the job in the league by wrapping up CL qualification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

If you want to condition them into not wearing it you could sprinkle some Bio Washing Powder inside the garment after it has been washed. The enzymes go to work at body temperature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

murpho999 wrote: »
    7 points clear.

4 games to go.

Pretty much 8 points if you take goal difference into account.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Win the next two and we'll relegate WBA and Stoke in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

And if that's not an incentive...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Which means they'll be at their most motivated :(

Which means they'll be at their most motivated :(
    Why the unhappy face? They both have to win - not losing is no longer an option for them.

Grayditch wrote: »
    And if that's not an incentive...
    It's a pity we don't get to play Southampton again this season because I would Liverpool to be the team to relegate them after the **** they pulled last summer.

7 points clear.

4 games to go.

Worried isn't the word I'd use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Four draws will actually do it. Three if one of them is against Chelsea.
    Talisman wrote: »
    Win the next two and we'll relegate WBA and Stoke in the process.

Suits me. They'll have to come out and attack us.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Talisman wrote: »
    It's a pity we don't get to play Southampton again this season because I would Liverpool to be the team to relegate them after the **** they pulled last summer.

What ****, though? We've tormented them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

7 points clear.

4 games to go.

I don't see anyone worried?
    It makes sense that we as fans would like to tick of possibilities as they arise.
    You wanted Burnley to win like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Four draws will actually do it. Three if one of them is against Chelsea.

Suits me. They'll have to come out and attack us.

Where basically in a situation whereby we must not lose to Chelsea and it will be job done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Where basically in a situation whereby we must not lose to Chelsea and it will be job done.

What could possiblie go wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

I'm guessing Klopp will go with a pretty strong team tomorrow anyhow given that we have not had a game since last weekend. I don't expect Solanke or Ings to start anyhow unless one of the front 3 have a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm guessing Klopp will go with a pretty strong team tomorrow anyhow given that we have not had a game since last weekend. I don't expect Solanke or Ings to start anyhow unless one of the front 3 have a problem.

Lovren and Gomez back training this week too

An insight into the future.......
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11338286/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-opens-up-on-his-plans-for-the-future

Dunno why they were asking him about BM though .........

Klopp intends to remain with Liverpool for the remainder of his contract and admits it would be difficult for a club even the size of Bayern to prise him away from Anfield.

"I've never had an exit clause in one of my contracts," he said. "If Bayern had really been interested, no matter what I would have done, this would have been a complicated move.

"I have a contract for four more years in Liverpool and the club are happy with me. That's why it makes total sense that they (Bayern) didn't try."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Not EVEN going to think about the possibility of him leaving. EVERRRRR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

In the least shocking news today. Arsene is off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Dickerty wrote: »
    Not EVEN going to think about the possibility of him leaving. EVERRRRR.

I think we have him for four more years, max, and then he'll take a break. He's been fairly open about not wanting to be a 10+ year manager in one Club.

Just enjoy it while we can!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

There was an interview in the German press a couple of weeks ago with Klopp's manager, who also manages about 5 other German managers including Klopp's mate Wagner at Huddersfield. He talked up Klopp's unique skills as a manager - the people management side of things and how he builds relationships with the fans - but it didn't feel like he was putting out feelers to test the market for Klopp and the interview ended with him being asked if Klopp would finish out his contract to 2022 and he gave a pretty clear 'I assume so' response.

There's four seasons left - we win the CL (no jinx!) and get the league at least once and he may feel job done and move on, but I really wouldn't be worrying about him going anywhere anytime soon...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Has this been posted:

30741262_10156186283141132_3338362389941714944_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=9220f7d513018896414adddd3c5b0ce0&oe=5B6BD049

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Rafa and rodgers are well up there in the betting for the next arsenal manager, if it was to be one I think I would prefer if it was rodgers but I don't think that it will be either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Rafa wouldn't suit Arsenal , Rodgers I can see ,
    Anyone thinks Leon Bailey is worth a look this summer

Rafa wouldn't suit Arsenal , Rodgers I can see ,
    Anyone thinks Leon Bailey is worth a look this summer

Rafa would be a bad fit for both himself and for the fans. He should avoid as he would be under pressure from the start nearly I'd say. I doubt they'll go for Rodgers either to be honest.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement