Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Klopp sees out his contract which ends in 2022 I can see him taking time out before taking over as the German national team manager in time for the 2226 World Cup campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If Klopp sees out his contract which ends in 2022 I can see him taking time out before taking over as the German national team manager in time for the 2226 World Cup campaign.

I think the sport might evolve past him in his two hundred years out of the game Coulson. :pac:

martyos121 wrote: »
    I think the sport might evolve past him in his two hundred years out of the game Coulson. :pac:

Sepp Blatter
    We shall wonder if one day our game is played on another planet? Why not? Then we will have not only a World Cup we will have inter-planetary competitions. Why not?”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

martyos121 wrote: »

Yeah, but I'd bet the English press will still be bangin' on about 1966....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

robwen wrote: »
    Have we paid for Solanke yet?

Have we paid for Ings yet :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Would be nice to get at least 15 years out of Klopp.

Then kill him so nobody else can have him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Klopp will leave when he believes he can't take us any further. Just like Mainz and Dortmund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If Klopp sees out 7 years it will be because of success, can't see him lasting that long if we go backwards in next 2 years.
    If he is winning things then a year off is fine, can return a year later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Saw a stat today:

Bobby Firmino has made more tackles in the PL than Nicolás Otamendi.

Christ, I love Bobby.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mr.H wrote: »
    Didn't he say that after Liverpool he wants to take a year off as he promised his family?

He didn't however say that he was leaving when his contract is up. He did mention how ling he has on his existing contract but didn't really imply anything.

He did say about the year off, but that could be next year or in 10 years. He definitely didn't say he would leave in 4 years if not before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

We have the best named player ever

Remi Savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Our U18s beat United's U18s 2-1. Down to ten men also.

^^^

Real fans

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

I don't even want to think about the day Klopp decides to step down. That will be a very sad day

Stevie to take over ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Stevie to take over ? :)

Ah now!

Remember Luis Alberto (a player I thought a lot of when he was first linked to Liverpool), well he is storming Serie A with 11 goals and 12 assists for Lazio so far this season. A great example of a player who had all the tools but joined the wrong club - or at least he joined at the wrong time - summer 2013. That plus he was a TC pick so Rodgers was not going to give him much time if he could help it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

the Transfer Committee is actully starting to look very good now.

They signed Salah by all accounts Firmino as well & even previous signings who didn't work out are showing themselves to be very good players like Aspas & Alberto.

Rodgers is a good coach but it was mostly his signings (Borini,Lambert,Benteke) who were awful signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We should sign that Italian footballer with the rubber toe, what's his name

Roberto .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

kopite386 wrote: »

Great photo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Great photo

Mane is so Boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Ah now!

Remember Luis Alberto (a player I thought a lot of when he was first linked to Liverpool), well he is storming Serie A with 11 goals and 12 assists for Lazio so far this season. A great example of a player who had all the tools but joined the wrong club - or at least he joined at the wrong time - summer 2013. That plus he was a TC pick so Rodgers was not going to give him much time if he could help it ;)

There's another guy playing in Lazio's midfield that looks the business too. Lucas something...

Alberto is doing very well TBF to him. Like Suso, the slower pace of the Serie A suits him but there's definitely talent there and I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both of those at a bigger club in the coming years.
    MD1990 wrote: »
    the Transfer Committee is actually starting to look very good now.

They signed Salah by all accounts Firmino as well & even previous signings who didn't work out are showing themselves to be very good players like Aspas & Alberto.

Rodgers is a good coach but it was mostly his signings (Borini,Lambert,Benteke) who were awful signings.

It always surprises me but Aspas is excellent, isn't he? It's a real shame that he didn't work out here because he looks like he would be a great option in our current system.

I'd forgotten all about Lambert and blocked Borini from my mind entirely. Last seen playing right-back for AC Milan, I believe. :eek:

EDIT: Also a shout for Victor Moses who really looked dire here. Carved out a great role for himself at Chelsea the last two seasons. Still looks like it's a level above his talents at times but glad it worked out for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Match day......,but feels weirdly insignificant!!

MD1990 wrote: »

I think Balotelli & Moreno were TC too, to add some balance. Lambert was bought for the bench I'm thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I really hope this isn't a scrappy match, we could really do with not picking up an injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Have a feeling West Brom won't be as easy as we think

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »

Despite the dreadful season they have had, they didn't quite collapse at any point in the same way that previous bottom sides - Sunderland, Villa, Derby, etc - have. They'll likely go down this season having won at Old Trafford and Anfield too, in a bizarre twist.

We've also got a shocking record at the Hawthorns. Is it 1 win in 5, I think?

Main thing is to keep everyone fit and firing, though. Would be nice to get a win in the absence of some big guns and get, say, Moreno, Ings and Solanke some good time under their belt. A goal for the latter two would be ideal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Could happen, but they won't be parking the bus as lose today and their fate, if not already sealed, will be actually sealed, so they should be going hell for leather which should open them up nicely at the back - can't be anything other than a win and a step closer to closing out Chelsea for top four...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I wouldn't be disappointed with a similar outcome as the Everton game tbh. Rotated squad and coming away with a point. A win all but guarantees top 4 so maybe Klopp goes for a nearly full strength team to put that to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

EDIT: Also a shout for Victor Moses who really looked dire here. Carved out a great role for himself at Chelsea the last two seasons. Still looks like it's a level above his talents at times but glad it worked out for him.

My over-riding memory of him is missing a last minute sitter against Palace which would've made it 4-3 after being 3-0 up. Might not have changed the destination of the league that season but MAY have put pressure back on Man City for their last game, and who knows.

Generally, I always remember Moses appearing uninterested which I couldn't fathom from someone being in a side primed to win the league. It was like he wasn't even aware of what was going on, as if it was a step down to be on loan at lowly Liverpool, or something. Immensely disliked him for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Barnavave

Just ask United.

Hope we start with a strong team and can then bring off some of the forwards/midfielders if we are in a position to do so with 30 minutes left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

mosstin wrote: »
    Saw a stat today:

Bobby Firmino has made more tackles in the PL than Nicolás Otamendi.

Christ, I love Bobby.

I've seen this stat trotted out a lot and without more context I'm not really sure what to make of it.

I had a look on sqawka and had a look at total premier league tackles won and according to it, Bobby (49) had more tackles than anyone else I looked at except Kante (69) and Ndidi (93).

More than Van Dijk, Smalling, Matic, Otamendi, Herrera, Vertonghen, Diame, Walker, Fernandinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

fyfe79 wrote: »
    My over-riding memory of him is missing a last minute sitter against Palace which would've made it 4-3 after being 3-0 up. Might not have changed the destination of the league that season but MAY have put pressure back on Man City for their last game, and who knows.

Generally, I always remember Moses appearing uninterested which I couldn't fathom from someone being in a side primed to win the league. It was like he wasn't even aware of what was going on, as if it was a step down to be on loan at lowly Liverpool, or something. Immensely disliked him for that.

My general feeling about him too, couldn't stand seeing him in a Liverpool shirt. Got off to a good start iirc scored in a 2-2 draw at Swansea on his debut.

fyfe79 wrote: »

klose wrote: »
    My general feeling about him too, couldn't stand seeing him in a Liverpool shirt. Got off to a good start iirc scored in a 2-2 draw at Swansea on his debut.

Must say I don't recall that but would definitely change my opinion if so. Always had the impression that he was a hard-worker, etc who just wasn't in the side that season because why would anyone break up that attack?!

I do remember the sitter against Palace, though. Sickened when it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

A little risky I would have thought? It's not like we have this wrapped up yet..

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

A little risky I would have thought? It's not like we have this wrapped up yet..

There's only Bobby, Lovern and Robertson missing so I wouldn't say it's that risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Gbear wrote: »
    I've seen this stat trotted out a lot and without more context I'm not really sure what to make of it.

I had a look on sqawka and had a look at total premier league tackles won and according to it, Bobby (49) had more tackles than anyone else I looked at except Kante (69) and Ndidi (93).

More than Van Dijk, Smalling, Matic, Otamendi, Herrera, Vertonghen, Diame, Walker, Fernandinho.

Think it’s just the fact that bobby is a striker where the other two are midfielders. Won’t have two many forwards with them numbers for tackling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There's only Bobby, Lovern and Robertson missing so I wouldn't say it's that risky.

Gomez only back from injury also but that team should have plenty to best wear Brom still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Keeping Bobby fresh for Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yeah, quite a strong team really. Think Ings will do better in this team with Mo and Mane either side than he did against Everton.

Shame no Woodburn on the bench though, thought he was back in full training.

Klavan is grand... not a bad option up against Rondon anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

klose wrote: »

All I remember about Moses is that short pass to Henderson, where Hendo then got a red stretching for it . The wheels fell off the wagon after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

cjmc wrote: »
    All I remember about Moses is that short pass to Henderson, where Hendo then got a red stretching for it . The wheels fell off the wagon after that.

Not his 20 goals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Oh god. Moreno

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Not his 20 goals?
    No . That 1 short pass :(

cjmc wrote: »

Ah c’mere, that’s totally unfair, not at all Moses fault that Hendo got sent off. And there was no short pass. Moses rampaged forward to relieve the pressure, tried to beat a man in their half with no support up there, and the ball cannoned 50 yards randomly straight back to Hendos feet. Hendo took two absolutely terrible touches, the second giving the ball away, and thundered in to try to win it back, getting himself sent off.

I’m no fan of Moses, but we can’t go pinning not winning the league on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

West Brom away one of the crap fixtures of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

My overriding memory of Moses was that he was just meh. Nothing more really. Plenty of players who've passed through the Liverpool squads contributed less. I feel no ill will towards him.

SM01 wrote: »
    My overriding memory of Moses was that he was just meh. Nothing more really. Plenty of players who've passed through the Liverpool squads contributed less. I feel no ill will towards him.

Yeah, feel the same. Had hoped for so much more from him, but he kind of just ended up a forgettable footnote. Meh all round.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Ah c’mere, that’s totally unfair, not at all Moses fault that Hendo got sent off. And there was no short pass. Moses rampaged forward to relieve the pressure, tried to beat a man in their half with no support up there, and the ball cannoned 50 yards randomly straight back to Hendos feet. Hendo took two absolutely terrible touches, the second giving the ball away, and thundered in to try to win it back, getting himself sent off.

I’m no fan of Moses, but we can’t go pinning not winning the league on him.

Im not really saying that Moses cost us the game , or the league. It’s just what is my standout memory of him . I just never had the love for him in a Liverpool shirt .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement