Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Hilarious that people are blaming Karius for that. Just need the usuals to blame Moreno or Lovren for Gomez’s sh!t attempt at playing the ball.

Did u watch the game he was all over the place for the entire 90 minutes ,
    If we lose to Chelsea we have all of a sudden put serious perrsure on ourselfs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Moreno will hopefully be gone in the summer, probably the most brainless player to ever play for the club.

Blowing that 2-0 lead with 10-15 mins left is extremely sloppy and disappointing. We will have to play a strong team against Stoke next week in between a CL semi final which is far from ideal, really should have seen that game out.

Gomez' mistake doesn't mean Moreno isn't terrible.

Exactly, Gomez has about 20 more mistakes in credit before he get's to Moreno levels of incompetence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Neither even called for a foul.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Can we all settle down and let's not try and outdo each other with our sense of outrage about the result.

West Brom were always going to try and get at us through the physical side of the game and the referee was letting them at it. This gave them some encouragement coupled with new manager bounce and beating Utd last week. We should have seen the game out, but there was always going to be one of these performances by our defence before the season ended. I'd much prefer now than in the games against Roma.

Regarding the prospects of finishing in the top 4, I see no reason to worry. At this stage of the season teams at the bottom raise their games. I'd be astounded if Spurs and Chelsea don't drop equally silly points along the way.

This was a defence that if I am correct, even after Lovren came on had never played together before. The result is disappointing but we move on to the main course of Tuesday night after spilling the soup today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You can't underestimate how dodgy Moreno makes us back there. He must spread panic every time he goes near the ball.

He was on the wrong side of players constantly.
    He was swiping at the ball aimlessly.
    He was heading the ball straight up in the air.
    He was launching into rash tackles.

When you have that back there, it spreads unease because you can't trust what he'll do. Of course we're going to let in sloppy goals. I'd say the whole lot of them are on edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Klopp is fuming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Great interview from Klopp, no BS like so many “media-trained” football managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Calm Down Ladies, that is not the team that will play Tuesday night. TAA and Robertson will be back, as will Bobby. Tis all good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Probably a bad time to ask considering the result bit done think Rafa could do a good job for Arsenal?

• Advertisement

not yet wrote: »
    Calm Down Ladies, that is not the team that will play Tuesday night. TAA and Robertson will be back, as will Bobby. Tis all good...

Nobody is saying it's the same team.

We still only got 1 point today from with 2-0 with 15mins left, why wouldn't people be annoyed or frustrated.

"just a coming together"

giphy.gif

Now we have to go full strenght v stoke un the middle of the two semis , If we lose next Saturday we are ****ed

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Absolute scumbag comments by klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

what comments are these

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Nobody is saying it's the same team.

We still only got 1 point today from with 2-0 with 15mins left, why wouldn't people be annoyed or frustrated.

Exactly. I don't care that there were 4-5 players rested. I don't care that we are still very likely to finish in the too 4. I'm annoyed that we let in 2 goals against the lowest scorers in the league, bottom, with less than 15 mins left at set pieces.

I certainly don't give a crap that Hegazi will get a retrospective ban because the ref was awful. I'm not going to not be annoyed at it because of any of those things. There is about a 10m difference in income between 4th - 3rd and the same from 3rd - 2nd. I also want us to win all our games (or 2 legged ties.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Ya sure

hmm, a username i've never seen in here before calling klopp a scumbag, what's new.

I am not sure I have seen Kloop so p^%$ed off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Are you going to explain? Or did you just come here to express your sense of schadenfreude by the result. I say this with the assumption that you are not a Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I am not sure I have seen Kloop so p^%$ed off

He knows we have to go strong against Stoke now.

Benimar wrote: »
    He knows we have to go strong against Stoke now.

Well have to start with full team ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Need 4 points from Stoke and Brighton at home and Chelsea away. Shouldn't be a major problem but the scope for resting players has pretty much almost gone.

Roma cruising today. 3-0 up after 60 mins.

I cant get ovef Gomez stuoid little flick that lead to the free kick WTF was he thinking ,
    Also Karius showed all game why he wull never be a top class keeper , He just doesnt command his areA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Harry goal crazy Wilson has struck again.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Need 4 points from Stoke and Brighton at home and Chelsea away. Shouldn't be a major problem but the scope for resting players has pretty much almost gone.

Unless Chelsea drop points vs Swansea it will still be in play vs Chelsea no matter what happens vs Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

https://twitter.com/Ian_Ladyman_DM/status/987681288252542976?s=19

This guy gets paid for his football opinions.

If you can't see that we'd most of our back 4 rested, and that our first choice defence have kept a ton of clean sheets, including the Champions recently, then i don't know what to tell you.

hmm, a username i've never seen in here before calling klopp a scumbag, what's new.

He's stirring it on the Man Utd thread as well. Clearly a newbie who need to know the rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

SlickRic wrote: »

For the Daily Mail though......says it all really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Welcome to and goodbye from the soccer forum....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Karius is ****e again I see......despite doing well over a large period of time I knew people would jump on him at the first opportunity, some cant help themselves.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

If you can't see that we'd most of our back 4 rested, and that our first choice defence have kept a ton of clean sheets, including the Champions recently, then i don't know what to tell you.

Almost as bad as this....

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/987691607439953920?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Yeah what a scumbag complaining about West Brom's pitch & praising them for their set pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

What else would you expect from a verified Ladysman?

Amazed that people are still biting after all these years. You're only giving sadcases their rocks by responding.

I wont miss West Brom anyway....dont think we'll see them again for a while....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

NukaCola wrote: »
    I wont miss West Brom anyway....dont think we'll see them again for a while....

Definitely the bogey team this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Neither even called for a foul.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

i don't care what anyone tells me the first one was a red card offence. I know some will say it was a soft box but he lashed out an opponent and that's a red card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus he hit Salah so hard in the face it cracked your mans tv screen.

i don't care what anyone tells me the first one was a red card offence. I know some will say it was a soft box but he lashed out an opponent and that's a red card.

Its a red, no doubt.....he wasn't cautioned so should receive a ban but the EPL officiating has been scandalous across the board this season so maybe nothing will happen.

Its a red, no doubt.....he wasn't cautioned so should receive a ban but the EPL officiating has been scandalous across the board this season so maybe nothing will happen.

yeah i know, i didn't cop what went on but when I saw it a few seconds later when sky rolled it back the co commentator seemed to be annoyed he wasn't carded for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Karius is ****e again I see......despite doing well over a large period of time I knew people would jump on him at the first opportunity, some cant help themselves.....

He has always been poor. A few clean sheets (which he largely did little to earn) and folks on here get carried away thinking he's about to come good. I've never warmed to him and doubt I'm going to at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Its an area of the pitch that can definetly be improved upon. He is a midtable standard goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Stupid Moreno back, always more nervous when he is in the defence, and in with an inept ref as usual, who says the big boys get all the big decisions. Still 2 home games to get those 5 points even if Chelsea beat Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Karius was poor today but recently he's made some really good saves to keep us in games and made some excellent catches , he was in no mans land for every set piece today and judging by Klopps interview they had anticipated the threat from set pieces , maybe they were trying something new and it didn't work.

His flapping was a disaster which is abnormal for him since he's got back in.

He has always been poor. A few clean sheets (which he largely did little to earn) and folks on here get carried away thinking he's about to come good. I've never warmed to him and doubt I'm going to at this stage.

I disagree, he's done well, made some decent saves, I think he's a decent keeper and he'll be a good backup, I think he can be upgraded but he's doing just fine.

I thought he was an absolute cabbage after his first spell as no 1, and while I dont think he's going to be an amazing GK, I'm more than willing to give him more time. I'm sure Klopp will make the right call on him.

mightyreds wrote: »
    Karius was poor today but recently he's made some really good saves to keep us in games and made some excellent catches , he was in no mans land for every set piece today and judging by Klopps interview they had anticipated the threat from set pieces , maybe they were trying something new and it didn't work.

His flapping was a disaster which is abnormal for him since he's got back in.

Covered Klavan as well

on a positive note salah scores one more goal and he is the highest ever goalscorer in prem history during a 38 game season

When it comes to Karius I was really harsh on him at the start, and he's done a good job since he's come back in, I'm not going to slaughter him now for what is one bad game, nor will I say he's the answer to all our GK problems because of some good form. Lets see what Klopp makes of him. If he gets a season as number one or is replaced I wont be too bothered either way.

It looked like a makeshift back line and it played like one.

• Advertisement

Should not change the back line now for the remaining games unless there is an injury or top 4 is secure, always a risk to unsettle the defence and Liverpool paid for it today after going 2 up and relaxing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement