Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

It looked like a makeshift back line and it played like one.

Switched off at 2-0 up.....not acceptable but I think is understandable.

Not sure I'd keep Klavan or Moreno for next season, they are mainly backups but I'm not sure we can rely on them even for that IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Didn't see the game today how did ings do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Didn't see the game today how did ings do.

played well in general and took his goal well and it was nice to see him back on the score sheet

Whatever about klavan Moreno more often than not drags those around him down performance wise. Although klavan isn't getting any younger....both should be upgraded and doing so shouldn't be difficult over the next window or two.

Karius can't be bailing out Gomez either tbf imo & I'm a fan of Gomez & not of karius.

Still, overall that result shouldn't hurt us all going well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

NukaCola wrote: »
    Switched off at 2-0 up.....not acceptable but I think is understandable.

Not sure I'd keep Klavan or Moreno for next season, they are mainly backups but I'm not sure we can rely on them even for that IMO.

Moreno can be launched into space for all I care, just get rid. He isn't even a sound back up - he does the same thing time and again, quite how a left sided left back gets his body shape wrong and indeed his whole body the wrong side of a player so often is beyond me and apparently beyond the coaching staff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Moreno can be launched into space for all I care, just get rid. He isn't even a sound back up - he does the same thing time and again, quite how a left sided left back gets his body shape wrong and indeed his whole body the wrong side of a player so often is beyond me and apparently beyond the coaching staff.

I'd pay to watch him get launched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

2 goals today for Wilson.

Could he play the final league game of the season since the Championship will be over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

MD1990 wrote: »

Could he play the final league game of the season since the Championship will be over?

I doubt he could be re-registered from Hull to us outside a transfer window, but I'm not sure.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

corwill wrote: »
    I doubt he could be re-registered from Hull to us outside a transfer window, but I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure we did something like this recently with a different player. Not sure though. As things stand, the Brighton game may have something riding on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

MD1990 wrote: »

Couldn't have done much more on loan. He practically kept Hull up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Absolute scumbag comments by klopp

Klopp:
    "West Brom obviously decided not to water the pitch at half-time and it was quite difficult after that. You (the interviewer) have never played football obviously because it makes a massive difference.

"If the pitch is dry you can't pass the ball through three or four yards. That is the easiest thing in the world, if they play football, but if you do it like West Brom the ball is constantly in the air [so] you don't need a wet pitch but that's how it is so we have to deal with that.

"They can do it next year playing football with a dry pitch in the Championship. That's how it is and we have to deal with it."

LOCK HIM UP!!! You can't have Klopp making such outrageous comments and upsetting the soft lads on the internet. The dirty swine!

That's brilliant for Wilson, 6 goals now I think. When he goes out on pre-season he better get game time v Man City, Man Utd, Napoli etc rather than Preston, Tramere, Bury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Why lads why don't bite the bait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Why lads why don't bite the bait.

I saw the post and thought "cool, Klopp's had a go at someone", but then I saw what was actually said. Just a little disappointed it wasn't actually anything juicy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Keita got a goal today/forced an own-goal.

giphy.gif

Keep in mind he was on the bench until Leipzig were already 3-0 down and down to 10 men, was only on the pitch 10 minutes before the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Wonder if Kane knows that FA Cup goals do not go towards the golden boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Wonder if Kane knows that FA Cup goals do not go towards the golden boot

The FA will sort that for him.....:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

corwill wrote: »

He can I believe, Sergi canos played a couple seasons ago after his initial Brentford loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Shows signs of great progression that we didn't salute the crowd after todays 2-2 with WBA.:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

SlickRic wrote: »
    You can't underestimate how dodgy Moreno makes us back there. He must spread panic every time he goes near the ball.

He was on the wrong side of players constantly.
    He was swiping at the ball aimlessly.
    He was heading the ball straight up in the air.
    He was launching into rash tackles.

When you have that back there, it spreads unease because you can't trust what he'll do. Of course we're going to let in sloppy goals. I'd say the whole lot of them are on edge.

This is mad. Is Moreno to blame by proxy for things other players do now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

dfx- wrote: »

A Defender with consistently erratic performances will affect the others.

I've no idea why people still waste their breath defending Moreno.

Moreno is a bomb with indeterminate fuse, none the other player know with certainty what he will do in a given situation beyond it almost certainly being the wrong thing. That's hard to guard against and players end up spending time wondering about one of their own and not at times enough about what the opposition is going to do - "should cover be given, if so early or late, is X going to do it or shall I?, where's he going now? what the fvck?!" and so on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

"Moreno made him do it" is a mad way of explaining away other defenders switching off.

It's even madder to blame the left back when it's the right back, right centre half, keeper and striker combining errors for the equaliser :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

"Moreno made him do it" is a mad way of explaining away other defenders switching off.

It's even madder to blame the left back when it's the right back, right centre half, keeper and striker combining errors for the equaliser :confused:

I understand what you are saying, but think of it this way, if Robertson was playing instead, what would the outcome be?

I believe that it would be a lot different. Hence our backline Tuesday night will be a lot different.

God knows why you're in here taking an interest! :p

That back line was Gomez (out for a month), VVD, Klaven (part timer), Moreno (banished at LB since January) so it's hardly a shock it was creaky. Everyone committed at least one clanger today which by current Liverpool standards is anomalous but as they'll probably be doing it again against Stoke we'll have to expect more arse-clenching ineptitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

Moreno is a bomb with indeterminate fuse, none the other player know with certainty what he will do in a given situation beyond it almost certainly being the wrong thing. That's hard to guard against and players end up spending time wondering about one of their own and not at times enough about what the opposition is going to do - "should cover be given, if so early or late, is X going to do it or shall I?, where's he going now? what the fvck?!" and so on.

To use Dunphy's terminology, Moreno is a headbanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Ardent wrote:
    To use Dunphy's terminology, Moreno is a headbanger.

Headbanger or Hammerhead??
    At least with today no key player picked up an injury as our squad is pure barebones outside the starting XI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reckon Roma will park the bus and hoof it long to Dzeko all game. Expecting a very physical battle on Tuesday night. This tie could be settled by an away goal, i think it will be tighter than most think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

ricero wrote: »
    Reckon Roma will park the bus and hoof it long to Dzeko all game. Expecting a very physical battle on Tuesday night. This tie could be settled by an away goal i think it will be tighter than most think

I think anyone that doesn't think It'll be tight is a bit of an eejit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Don't mind giving up the away goal if we can take a win to Rome. You'd fancy us to score out there if Roma have to attack us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

ricero wrote: »
    Reckon Roma will park the bus and hoof it long to Dzeko all game. Expecting a very physical battle on Tuesday night. This tie could be settled by an away goal, i think it will be tighter than most think

I was at Anfield in 01 when we had a 0-2 lead from the first leg. Went to 0-1 on the night and then gave away a penalty only for the ref to change his mind and give a corner. Jebus, my heart was pounding. Some atmosphere tho, think there was a tribute that night too to "Sir" Bob Paisley.
    Don't think I could take a game like it this time. Not sure the defence could take an onslaught like we had that night. Luckily Totti was in the stands cos he was arguing with the club. He could have made the difference.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Don't mind giving up the away goal if we can take a win to Rome. You'd fancy us to score out there if Roma have to attack us.

Not giving up an away goal on Tuesday is Hugely important. I can see the tie being decided on away goals, so I would much prefer we don't give up any.

They haven't conceded a goal at Home in the CL this season. Chelsea, Barca, Athletico Madrid all failed to score there. They won their last 16 match and quarters on away goals. You'd fancy us to score there but no away goal is very important IMO.

I think anyone that doesn't think I'll be tight is a bit of an eejit.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah, just because, on a purely by the numbers basis, you prefer to get Roma instead of Real or Bayern, doesn't mean you think you'll beat them handily.

For me it just means we even gone from heavy outsiders to slight, slight favourites.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

NukaCola wrote: »
    :pac:

Haha. Just spotted that. Fixed. :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Trying to find a silver lining from yesterday's throwing of the win, it should at least shake any possible over confidence or complacency (which, in fairness, I doubt was a conscious issue but may have been lurking) out of the team, even if he was resting players and the usual suspects were playing in a weakened defense.

Any doubts that TAA is an automatic pick over Gomez? What a difference a month makes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Think they can restrict us an Anfield, and Džeko will be a thorn in our side. I seem to remember he always was when in Premier League. A really frustrating person to deal with, always scoring against us. Lovern and VVD will have a real annoyance on their hands dealing with him. Good in air, good on ground, good in close, good from distance. He's an all rounder and will always gets his 20 a season.

Felix Brych has been named the ref for the first leg against Roma.

He was the ref for the first leg against City as well.

Also probably the the best ref in Europe for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Saw that earlier alright, Mr Nasty strikes again...

At least it's not Lovren talking up how good he is before the Roma game.

What the holy feck was that?! There is only one football player who should be allowed to have the internet.

If anyone wants to watch the awards they are streaming it on Twitter from 9.30pm.

https://twitter.com/PFA/status/987360256496930817

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,652 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

If anyone wants to watch the awards they are streaming it on Twitter from 9.30pm.

https://twitter.com/PFA/status/987360256496930817
    Just posting so i can find it again easily

Can't Sky Sports News do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Watching Juve v Napoli, and all it's doing is make me want Jorginho at Liverpool even more. He'd be immense in our side.

Having Jorginho in front of our defence and behind Keita and Ox would be a great way to start next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Coach meet on Tuesday in the same spot as for the City one. Hopefully the idiots from that one stay away this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement