Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

FitzShane wrote: »
    Talking to some friends about how good a season Salah is having and the Salah 17/18 vs Cristiano Ronaldo 07/08 season debate came up. Both are VERY similar!! .............

Salah shades it on stats IMO but he is older than Ronaldo was back then I suppose & has a better coach :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Thought it was the lad from the second leg.

Should get a penalty from him so.

2nd leg was a Spanish ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Augeo wrote: »
    Salah shades it on stats IMO but he is older than Ronaldo was back then I suppose & has a better coach :)

I'd give the nod to Ronaldo tbh. I think he had a greater impact, although I'm sure most on here will argue that point.

Plus Ronaldo won the league, the CL, and the Ballon D'or.

As much as I love Salah, he's not competing with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Where I am worried Roma are stronger than us and may over run us is in central midfield.

On paper Nainggolan, De Rossi & Strootman are better than our central midfield.

Where I am worried Roma are stronger than us and may over run us is in central midfield.

On paper Nainggolan, De Rossi & Strootman are better than our central midfield.

De Rossi and Strootman are not what they used to be. If we can get the tempo up and play high energy, they might be overwhelmed by the pace early doors at Anfield.

That said, it really is a 'might'. You can't discount the old heads such as De Rossi, especially when it's such a special occasion for him.

They're definitely more sturdy on paper than say, City, who we handled fairly well over two legs. But that City midfield is as talented as you'll come up against anywhere. If we can compete with them, why not Roma. Especially at home with that high energy like I said.

Our midfield has been much better in recent weeks too. Henderson, Milner and Chamberlain I'd all have confidence to put in a performance tomorrow. Gini too, if he starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hegazi is facing no further action for his punch on Ings, review panel said they couldn't come to a unanimous agreement that it was a red card offence.

Hegazi is facing no further action for his punch on Ings, review panel said they couldn't come to a unanimous agreement that it was a red card offence.

Lol, what a joke. No wonder the refs are crap in the PL if the fecking review panel can't get something as obvious as that straight.

Anyway, don't care. We're onto bigger things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'm worried this tie will shown us the difference between Karius and a really top class keeper

He is definitely going to face more than the four shots on target he did Vs.City over two games. These two games against Roma could make or break him as to whether or not Klopp will go shopping in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

What a joke! He raised his hand thats a straight red... or is it because the punch was downward it doesnt count as a raised hand. Idiots

So they couldn't see the incident between Ings and Hegazi but somehow they could see Harry Kane make contact for his ghost goal :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Knex. wrote: »
    De Rossi and Strootman are not what they used to be. If we can get the tempo up and play high energy, they might be overwhelmed by the pace early doors at Anfield.

That said, it really is a 'might'. You can't discount the old heads such as De Rossi, especially when it's such a special occasion for him.

They're definitely more sturdy on paper than say, City, who we handled fairly well over two legs. But that City midfield is as talented as you'll come up against anywhere. If we can compete with them, why not Roma. Especially at home with that high energy like I said.

Our midfield has been much better in recent weeks too. Henderson, Milner and Chamberlain I'd all have confidence to put in a performance tomorrow. Gini too, if he starts.

Roma are clearly just going to sit back and hit Dzeko every time... they are just looking for the away goal and then to sit back.

TAA has been playing great but i feel there's going to be a lot of long ball directed over his side (A la Man Utd's game plan). Hopefully we have a plan to pick up the second ball.

They haven't conceeded a goal at home in the CL this season... Hopefully we can blitz them and get 2-0 up at home and then they will have to attack us when we visit them...

up the reds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

This kinda undermines the idea behind the implementation of VAR.

It's predicated on the idea that when you isolate refs from pressure and give them multiple viewings they'll come to the correct decision.

The refs in the PL are such a shower of unmitigated garbage that it renders the whole thing a farce.

They need to sort out the quality of reffing before they start adding more bells and whistles, because it truly has been appallingly bad this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Seen this in city thread sad if true
    [quote="rwbug;106806802"https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/988446033758818310[/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Thought it was the lad from the second leg.

Should get a penalty from him so.

The second leg was reffed by the mad Spaniard fella.

they wanted van Dijk too.

Could be the reason we are being linked with Neves over the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Talking to some friends about how good a season Salah is having and the Salah 17/18 vs Cristiano Ronaldo 07/08 season debate came up. Both are VERY similar!!

Ronaldo's league campaign was played 34, scored 31
    Salah's league campaign so far is played 33, scored 31

Ronaldo's CL campaign was played 11, scored 8
    Salah's CL campaign so far is played 10, scored 8

Ronaldo's CL campaign (knockouts) was played 6, scored 3, including the final
    Salah's CL campaign (knockouts) so far is played 4, scored 3

Ronaldo's league campaign (big games vs top 4 & City) was played 7, scored 3
    Salah's league campaign (big games vs top 6 & Everton) so far is played 10, scored 8

So what your saying is Salah is better ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

MD1990 wrote:
    He didn't play against Everton & we were 2-0 up vs West Brom.

Not sure what you are talking about.

So you haven't seen Salah take the extra you or take on a difficult shot, that he would have played in someone in a better position six months ago?

Not an opinion. It's a fact that the he has admitted already. He has already said that players are forcing passes to him lately so he will get the goals.

Against west Brom he laced two shots that he wasn't really set for. In fact one of them he should have played in Mane (iirc) who was in a much better position. We were only one up at the time.

He did the same against palace and Bournemouth. He took on shots that he would have usually assited six months ago. In fact just look at his assists record in recent months and you will see he has dwindled.

You know people can say this stuff without it being a criticism of Salah. I love Salah but if you can't see that the team is sacrificing potential goals for Salah to get them, then your not watching very closely.

Knex. wrote:
    As much as I love Salah, he's not competing with that.

To be honest if we did win the champions league and he had a good world cup, Salah would have to be among the contenders for balon dor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Absolute farce, are these the same lads that awarded Kane his team mates goal? Wouldn't surprise me at all tbh.....

• Advertisement

Club captain Daniele De Rossi lays a wreath at the Hillsborough memorial on behalf of the #ASRoma squad in remembrance of the 96 fans who lost their lives in 1989.

https://twitter.com/asromaen/status/988476484674314240?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

See the Roma president has come out and said Liverpool are trying to sign Alisson but he won’t be sold. Good old mind games before big match

paulie21 wrote: »
    See the Roma president has come out and said Liverpool are trying to sign Alisson but he won’t be sold. Good old mind games before big match

Or they are playing mind games with Karius before the big game.

Nerves are starting to kick in

img_57973a84491bf.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

When's the match thread up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

NukaCola wrote: »
    Absolute farce, are these the same lads that awarded Kane his team mates goal? Wouldn't surprise me at all tbh.....

Just on this for a moment - I see the FA have apologised for sending a tweet teasing Kane over the weekend. Wise move - he'd almost certainly had made a claim otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then, any thoughts on who will be Liverpool post Sturridge (and one of Solanke/Ings) rotation forward? I mention it as Emil Forsberg (left and right wing) tweeted what looks like his goodbye from Leipzig and as his contract still has 4 years on it presumably someone has committed a large sum to get him.

https://twitter.com/eforsberg10/status/988394590783918082

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mosstin wrote: »
    Just on this for a moment - I see the FA have apologised for sending a tweet teasing Kane over the weekend. Wise move - he'd almost certainly had made a claim otherwise.

Mostly though it was just really childish. Not the type of content an official channel of the FA should be sending. Leave stuff like that to fan groups and such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mr.H wrote: »
    So you haven't seen Salah take the extra you or take on a difficult shot, that he would have played in someone in a better position six months ago?

Not an opinion. It's a fact that the he has admitted already. He has already said that players are forcing passes to him lately so he will get the goals.

Against west Brom he laced two shots that he wasn't really set for. In fact one of them he should have played in Mane (iirc) who was in a much better position. We were only one up at the time.

He did the same against palace and Bournemouth. He took on shots that he would have usually assited six months ago. In fact just look at his assists record in recent months and you will see he has dwindled.

You know people can say this stuff without it being a criticism of Salah. I love Salah but if you can't see that the team is sacrificing potential goals for Salah to get them, then your not watching very closely.
    Of course they have tried to play him in at times.Not arguing that.

But it has not cost us points.

Set pieces cost us saturday.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote:
    Of course they have tried to play him in at times.Not arguing that.

I think Saturday was the first free kick he ever took for us. If he took more then it certainly wasn't many.

My point is that yes he has been greedy but it's more the whole team forcing goals on Salah than anything. So you agree?

You don't agree that it has cost us points and to a degree yea OK that's fair. But I do think if Salah played other players through Saturday we might have been further ahead and not drew. Maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong. But again my other point stands. The team doesn't mind losing points (by putting away actual chances) to get goals for Salah. I think Ings tried to play Salah through Saturday aswell instead of taking on a shot he should have in the first half.

Again I've issue with it and don't blame the sentiment. I don't think he is greedy and think we won't fluff these kind of chances when it actually matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Positive energy please, big night ahead, I have a good feeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

i'm going for a 3-1 win for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Let's do this ****en ****. I'm going be off my tulip tonight so forgive the posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

i'm going for a 3-1 win for us

I know you Steve The Barman you work in my local, and you are in fact a Spurs fan. Don't be coming in here trying to put the mockers on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Even 1-0 would be a fantastic result tonight.

Excited, nervous, hopeful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

3-1 tonight and 1-2 in the away leg. Looling forward to tonight

There will be alot of looling tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

A win, clean sheet and no lunatics to attack the bus, in that order please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

A clean sheet is imperative tonight i feel.

Im gonna miss the match as I've to do wedding stuff :(

You would need to be off your head to attack the bus tonight, with cctv and the police ready for it, no doubt there will be plenty off their heads though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

gimli2112 wrote: »
    A win, clean sheet and no lunatics to attack the bus, in that order please.

**** that I hope they topple it over.

Vicxas wrote: »

How long have you been waiting on the wedding? If it's after 2008 then the Champions League should take priority.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Let's do this ****en ****. I'm going be off my tulip tonight so forgive the posts.
    niallo27 wrote: »
    **** that I hope they topple it over.

Are you on the sauce already or just getting into character?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

TitianGerm wrote: »
    How long have you been waiting on the wedding? If it's after 2008 then the Champions League should take priority.

Can you tell me missus that? :D

Can you tell me missus that? :D

Yea just tell her the Boards lads said your let watch the match :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Bet the pot there Vicxas and tell her the weddings off if you can't see the match. Don't back down. She'll fold, and if she doesn't you've saved yourself years of ball ache*

*Advice from unmarried man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Tense :( Seeing all the problems and potential ways we can lose it.

De Rossi is a ****ing warrior. Hopefully age has got there for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

At least it's only a Semi 1st leg

I'm still sweating on the final being on my wedding day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm not nervous yet, that is not a good sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'm not nervous yet, that is not a good sign.

I'm absolutely petrified. Maybe I've got us covered?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement