Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm heading to the same pub where I watched us beat City and I've drafted in the same crew and asked them all to wear the same clothes as then.

I'm suddenly feeling a lot more confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Let’s hope TAA has learned from the Palace & Man U games as I think Roma will use there big man up front in the same way.

Yeah, this could be the game for TAA to solidify all of the praise he's been getting, and deservedly, lately - that's gonna make the first 20 mins interesting to watch.

At least if it's obvious to us we have to believe that Klopp has been focusing on it in training and how VVD and maybe Hendo or Millie can track back to give assistance if needed. My guess, or optimistic hope, is that TAA has learnt after Palace and Utd - we were all fretting about the first City game, and especially after the first half of the return leg, and he did us proud, so fingers crossed he has a blinder tonight.

T-minus 5.5 hrs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Speaking of which after my dad died in 1989 a contact of his called round and he mentioned how his dad keeled over with heart failure during the Liverpool v Arsenal season decider. Football - it's just not good for you.

Terrible way to go, to give those effers the satisfaction...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm heading to the same pub where I watched us beat City and I've drafted in the same crew and asked them all to wear the same clothes as then.

I don't envy you the kacks audit you'll obviously have to conduct prior to KO to make sure this works, but good on you, Grayditch, you're a sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We need to come out swinging again, put them away early. Playing chess football over 180 minutes or more won't work. We've got to put them away early.

It's why we've gotten so far in this, just blow teams away, no reason to change our approach now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I blame Moreno.

And Lovern...don't forget him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

not yet wrote: »
    And Lovern...don't forget him.

And sure we might as well throw in Firminio, Winaldum and Ryan Turbidy while we're at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Danny Ings' goal on Saturday was the first time Mane, Salah or Firmino weren't involved in a Liverpool goal since 30th January. Typical loss of form just when we need them most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Danny Ings' goal on Saturday was the first time Mane, Salah or Firmino weren't involved in a Liverpool goal since 30th January. Typical loss of form just when we need them most.

Don't worry lads, Ingsy's got this.

Lump it on for a hattrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

gimli2112 wrote: »

Chamberlain's goal vs City.

Milner assist, nobody else directly involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

you'd think at this point I wouldn't believe everything I read on the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

In work now, but can’t focus at all, just thinking about the match.

The build-up is probably easier for the players than it is for us.

I see the Utd thread is talking about our game which is a good sign as they seem to be worried about our inferior and irrelevant team!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Looking forward to this. My nerves were gone for the second leg of the city game because we had ourselves in such a good position it would have been a disaster to go out. The first half was torture so I went out for a walk for the second half. Got a text off the missus to say its safe to come home salah has just scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Looking forward to this. My nerves were gone for the second leg of the city game because we had ourselves in such a good position it would have been a disaster to go out. The first half was torture so I went out for a walk for the second half. Got a text off the missus to say its safe to come home salah has just scored.

I did the same.

Set out at the start of the second half finished the first lap and saw Salah had scored........ ended up running 6k and only going back to the house after the Firmino goal. Its the longest I have run since rupturing an Achilles last June :D

I am convinced I influenced the result :P

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Same as last time, Salah fgs, 3-0 @ 22/1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I did the same.

Set out at the start of the second half finished the first lap and saw Salah had scored........ ended up running 6k and only going back to the house after the Firmino goal. Its the longest I have run since rupturing an Achilles last June :D

I am convinced I influenced the result :P

You'd have to go again to keep up with milner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Are we there yet, Are we there yet, Are we there yet, Are we there yet.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

oh the bitterness is on show in the match thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Confident of a win tonight. They can press all they want as that will give more space for our front 3, I'll be happy with that outcome.
    A clean sheet is an absolute must. Hopefully there won't be a red or something stupid against us but all things being equal I would gladly settle for a 2-0 win, 3-0 would be fantastic.

Match thread.....might give that a skip later as nothing good can come of it. If we are winning, it will be reasonably quiet. If we are losing the usual brigade will bang on how Roma were supposed to be the worst team .....blah blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

lets fcking kill them tonight so the return leg is a formality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

lets fcking kill them tonight so the return leg is a formality
    This is not the Liverpool way,this tie will be decided in the last 5 minutes in Rome either way,
    And then 4-0 v Madrid in the final to us :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,730 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

What I would like from tonight;

1. Clean Sheet.
    2. Score at least 1-2 goals.
    3. No bookings (don't want anyone on a yellow for the 2nd leg).
    4. The Alléz Alléz chant being sung nonstop from start to finish.
    5. A 5 year contract extension for Sam Allardyce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Any live links to the coach greeting? Can't find one anywhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Grand. Team pretty much picks itself these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

heading down to the local barman big man united fan should be good bit of banter flying about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Was hoping to get a bit of dinner into me before the game but I don't think I can. This is ****ing ridiculous... I'm 43 not 14 :o

SlickRic wrote: »

Seen someone report he was outside the ground dunno how true it is lol

That reads like it's 6 players against 5 and Roma have bought 5 of our players.

Was hoping to get a bit of dinner into me before the game but I don't think I can. This is ****ing ridiculous... I'm 43 not 14 :o

I said fcuk dinner got the beers in and ordered pizza for halftime when the beer makes me hungry.

Build up now on 3e for those who may not have realised.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Build up now on 3e for those who may not have realised.

BT have been doing it from 6:30pm

Roma fans have just attacked Liverpool supporters with belts, outside the Albert. About 20. One guy down getting treatment

https://twitter.com/JNorthcroft/status/988842254486863872

BT have been doing it from 6:30pm

Yes but not everyone has that, including myself.

Many people think it's just on 3 at 1930 and not know about 3e. Stupid how they do that.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes but not everyone has that, including myself.

Many people think it's just on 3 at 1930 and not know about 3e. Stupid how they do that.

Sorry missed out that they had it on Facebook and Youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Right, - pre-match jobs taken care of.

Sitting down, cracking open a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Graeme Souness saying he can only see it being a good night for Liverpool so I'm off to an early start convulsing and screaming "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP" at the television.

I'm home alone, I may be losing my mind

Best of luck chaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is TV3 ****ed up with a stuttery picture or is it just me?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Come on ta fúck

First attack was on TAA.

So was the second.

Long ball at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Christ I am feeling sick and its just started. Not a good feeling at all......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Is TV3 ****ed up with a stuttery picture or is it just me?

Not stuttery, just their usual 240p lowest-of-the-low definition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just saying it now but ****ing Dzeko!

• Advertisement

Very high line from Roma could be suicide if Liverpool click

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement