Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The game is 8 days away, momentum doesn't matter, it's not like we're going into the second leg on tired legs with Salah on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Unbelievable up to the last 10 mins.Annoyed at that as it was beyond doubt we were in the final.

Klopp I think was a bit goal crazy should of shut up shop when he brought salah off.
    Think it proves we should never take our foot off the gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lallana might be back for the final ;)

Should be back up to speed by the fa Cup 3rd round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Apart from the obvious star performances our midfield trio dominate yet again . This time in a CL SF its time people realised our midfield is actually quite good and there are very few teams that can live with us in that department.

I was about to post something similar just before Roma scored their first and it derailed my post but yeah, I thought they were excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Any chance Can will be back for the second leg? Desperately need another midfield option on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Looked like a season ender. No midfielders left to rotate now. The three left will have to play every game probably.

This.

Had a huge impact in the last 15 minutes, needed fresh legs for probably Milner just to freshen it up. It's an issue between now and the end of the season.
    Lovren again.... IF.... we make the final, does he start?? Imagine Ronaldo matching up against him FFS. Anyway we have to make it to Kiev first.
    I said it at HT.... Bobby Firmino!! What a man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Apart from the obvious star performances our midfield trio dominate yet again . This time in a CL SF its time people realised our midfield is actually quite good and there are very few teams that can live with us in that department.

Henderson was excellent.

I don't understand why he gets so much criticism. His passing isn't world class but he has a great all round game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

martyos121 wrote: »
    The momentum most certainly is not with us, how could you even suggest that it is? We went from essentially booking the flights to Kiev to actually having a proper game on our hands next week. Yes we won comfortably in the end but the momentum is substantially behind them. They’ve yet to concede at home in the competition and they’ve already pulled off a similar comeback against a strong team a couple of weeks ago.

We’re obviously favourites to advance to the final by a distance, but it’s a completely different ballgame than it was at 70 minutes.

Don't care if they have not conceded at home. Means nothing.

Liverpool destroyed them tonight and can do so next week as they will play similar next week.

Roma will have to attack and will leave gaps.

Momentum is 100% with Liverpool as they won the game and they will be up for it next week as there's a massive prize at the end.

You need to relax and just enjoy the performance of this team.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Bizarre statement alright. Momentum clearly with them in the last 15 minutes.

Would like an early goal to knock it out of them over there.

I mean momentum is with us overall in the tie, not the last 15 minutes.

We have a 3 goal lead.

Roma players were on their knees at the end tonight whilst Liverpool players were smiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

We are not Barca ,Roma set up tonight like they did v Barca in Rome , The high ling plays into our hands ,
    Unless a serious melt down we will kill them away on the break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Man city needed to score 3 the last round and they are so much better than this Roma team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Roma haven't conceded at home, sure, but we haven't lost a game in the CL this campaign, so if you're one for following patterns then it's 0-0 and we're through.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Lovren again.... IF.... we make the final, does he start?? Imagine Ronaldo matching up against him FFS.

Here, check out Djimi Traore's Champions League medal and take a deep relaxing breath.

The game is 8 days away, momentum doesn't matter, it's not like we're going into the second leg on tired legs with Salah on the bench.

It’s a mental thing more than physical. Twice in a few days we’ve conceded 2 late goals while trying to see out leads. A lot of the team are mentally weak and that will play on their minds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Henderson was unreal tonight
    Big worry is we have to win Saturday and have a shed load of injuries,
    Last 15.minutes Milner was out on his feet , we need someone back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Could see a lot of youngsters playing in Midfield for the last few premier league games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

https://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php#c13

Lallana and Can both slated for 13th May return, so forget them.
    Hendo on a yellow is a concern if we can get passed next week.

Yeah, it hurts and the midfield situation is a concern, but the sky is in the same place it was at the beginning of the game, we're 3 goals ahead and Klopp has the tape of Barca game to put the willies up the lads and it's hard to see how we won't score next week, so to use that well worn scouser phrase - CALM DOWN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Klopp is like a fan in all fairness. He thinks like a fan and has the passion of a fan, he didn't shut up shop, and in all fairness we all wanted 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't care if they have not conceded at home. Means nothing.

Liverpool destroyed them tonight and can do so next week as they will play similar next week.

Roma will have to attack and will leave gaps.

Momentum is 100% with Liverpool as they won the game and they will be up for it next week as there's a massive prize at the end.

You need to relax and just enjoy the performance of this team.

You’re completely disregarding the role of psychology in football, it’s like you have no grasp of it whatsoever. And you should probably refrain from telling me what I “need to” do, I’ve been following this club long enough and I’m well aware of what can happen in hostile away grounds when the pressure is on us, you only need to look at our match in Seville a few months ago. The Olimpico is not the Etihad, it’s a completely different beast and there is a reason they haven’t conceded there yet in their European campaign, despite what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Henderson was unreal tonight
    Big worry is we have to win Saturday and have a shed load of injuries,
    Last 15.minutes Milner was out on his feet , we need someone back

Yeah Can, Lallana & Chamberlain all out now. Need one of them to recover fast. Frustrating that we play 4-3-3 & have no proper options to rotate the front 6 now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

You’re completely disregarding the role of psychology in football, it’s like you have no grasp of it whatsoever. And you should probably refrain from telling me what I “need to” do, I’ve been following this club long enough and I’m well aware of what can happen in hostile away grounds when the pressure is on us, you only need to look at our match in Seville a few months ago. The Olimpico is not the Etihad, it’s a completely different beast and there is a reason they haven’t conceded there yet in their European campaign, despite what you think.

The reason is Salah, firmino, and mane haven't played there yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It’s a mental thing more than physical. Twice in a few days we’ve conceded 2 late goals while trying to see out leads. A lot of the team are mentally weak and that will play on their minds.

Salah is mentally strong though and if he plays we score. Doesn't matter how Roma have done so far at home in Europe. Salah has scored loads there all ready.
    Wouldn't mind Mane putting on boots instead of springs though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Barca thought they were through the last day, they got caught out. As a result of knowing that we will not get caught out.

After seeing them tonight I am confident of going through, kinda have to be with a nice lead like what we have.

Roma don't conceed goals at home????
    Yeah, well Roma don't conceed 5 goals away either!!

I cannot see us not scoring a couple of goals against them, especially as they will have to attack leaving space for the Best and Most In Form front 3 in the World.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That assist from Milner means he's the single season CL assist record owner, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

If Carlsberg did sponsorship of football teams......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Look Liverpool are just giving the neutrals something to cling to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Can Clyne play midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Vicxas wrote: »
    Could see a lot of youngsters playing in Midfield for the last few premier league games

Still need 4 points in the league. A win against Stoke would come in handy. Would leave us needing just a point from Chelsea and Brighton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I completely get 'pyschology' thank you but I also saw devastated Roma players at the end.
    Liverpool left the pitch with a better state of mind than them. They will be full of confidence going into next week's tie.
    I also saw how well we played tonight. Destroyed them.
    Roma will be fearful next week.

No reason why we can't do that again next week. There is no way Roma won't leave gaps at the back for our front 3 to exploit.

Seville match was without van Dijk and Robertson. That's a huge difference. Was also a group match.

Don't care about the stadium. We don't even have to score there. Just stop them scoring three.

Everything is in our favour.

• Advertisement

Think Trent AA will be needed in midfield for some games.

Have Gomez & Clyne when fit for RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Seen Oxs injury just there.

Looks like he hyperextened it, but the crawling in pain isn't a good sign :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MD1990 wrote: »
    Henderson was excellent.

I don't understand why he gets so much criticism. His passing isn't world class but he has a great all round game.

Its mental the criticism Henderson gets. I think a lot of it stems from the fact he is the captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I mean momentum is with us overall in the tie, not the last 15 minutes.

We have a 3 goal lead.

Roma players were on their knees at the end tonight whilst Liverpool players were smiling.

Yeah, I mean, fair play to them they managed to turn a really embarrassing loss into a slightly less embarrassing loss, but I don't think they're going to be feeling good about it tomorrow. And they are going to get savaged in the Italian press.

Its mental the criticism Henderson gets. I think a lot of it stems from the fact he is the captain.

If he was called Henderinho most would love him.

Can Clyne play midfield?

TAA is a midfielder...or so we’ve been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

It's only one or two in fairness, they need to keep digging so bring up anytime he points his finger or passes sideways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I completely get 'pyschology' thank you but I also saw devastated Roma players at the end.
    Liverpool left the pitch with a better state of mind than them. They will be full of confidence going into next week's tie.
    I also saw how well we played tonight. Destroyed them.
    Roma will be fearful next week.

No reason why we can't do that again next week. There is no way Roma won't leave gaps at the back for our front 3 to exploit.

Seville match was without van Dijk and Robertson. That's a huge difference. Was also a group match.

Don't care about the stadium. We don't even have to score there. Just stop them scoring three.

Everything is in our favour.

Look, I do see the points you’re making but I don’t agree with them and with some of the past experiences I’ve had of seeing us throw big leads down the drain away from home, I’m standing by what I said. We’ll agree to disagree here I suppose, no use falling out after a great performance from the club we both support. And a great performance it was indeed, I’m not discounting it at all btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

I've never been so disappointed with a 5-2 win. I don't know how to feel about it, it'll be a cauldron next Wed. And to stop their away goals counting we have to score twice... Such a come down emotionally from 5-0!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Roma played an awful lot better away to Barcelona than they did tonight. Roma players know they are almost out the looked ansolutely devestated at the final whistle.

Maybe Woodburn could play CM against Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Look Liverpool are just giving the neutrals something to cling to.

And they are clinging for dear life, celebrating those 2 goals like it was a 0-2 win for Roma think some only saw the last 10 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Salah comes off and again we concede 2 goals.
    I was thinking at 5-0 we could play a strong side to try to beat Stoke but now we have to keep an eye on the second leg.
    Massive pity for Ox, not only has he had a great season but the squad is thinner again. Remember when we thought we were well-stocked with midfielders? :O

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

jasonb wrote: »
    And to stop their away goals counting we have to score twice...

They will only start to count if Roma score 3.....think we can do something about that.
    Also, no way we don't score against that defence.

Even Lovren should have scored against them, we could have scored 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    And to stop their away goals counting we have to score twice...

They will only start to count if Roma score 3.....think we can do something about that.
    Also, no way we don't score against that defence.

Even Lovren should gave scored against them, we could have scored 8.
    And the shocker from Wijnaldum just after Roma's first

• Advertisement

TAA is a midfielder...or so we’ve been told.

Didn't think he was great tonight. Felt like he gave the ball away a lot.

Look, I do see the points you’re making but I don’t agree with them and with some of the past experiences I’ve had of seeing us throw big leads down the drain away from home, I’m standing by what I said. We’ll agree to disagree here I suppose, no use falling out after a great performance from the club we both support. And a great performance it was indeed, I’m not discounting it at all btw.

Fair enough but I think you need to forget past games like Seville or Southampton a couple of years ago when we threw away leads.

This is a better side overall since January as defensively Roberston established himself, van Dijk come in and organised everybody, and Karius has grown in confidence.

Attack wise, the front three stepped up to the plate after Coutinho's departure and torn teams apart time and time again with Salah just becoming a ridiculous goal machine.

I'm just enjoying watching them, think we're in a special time now, start of something big and I am very confident that they will get through next week and give the finalist a very tough match.

eyerer wrote: »
    And the shocker from Wijnaldum just after Roma's first

Thought he was going to lash that in but went for the side foot and missed it completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Henderson, Lovren & Trent all booked tonight they will have to be super disciplined next week

I've never been so disappointed with a 5-2 win. I don't know how to feel about it, it'll be a cauldron next Wed. And to stop their away goals counting we have to score twice... Such a come down emotionally from 5-0!

No, we need to stop scoring three or more. If we score one, they would still need to score four.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement