Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I feel there's more to Can than an injury at this stage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

After the performance tonight, Liverpool have to be confident of scoring next Wednesday. The concern will be that Roma will kick the players off the pitch as they did against Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Vicxas wrote: »
    I feel there's more to Can than an injury now

Yeah journalist I know in around the club said a couple of weeks ago it was another Sakho situation , could be crap but if not might need to be brought in from the cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

robwen wrote: »
    Henderson, Lovren & Trent all booked tonight they will have to be super disciplined next week

There fine u can only miss the final with a red card now , the rule changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

In a crucial period for the team when klopp is trying to keep unity in the squad excluding a player who doesn't want to play is the right thing. Said player isn't even that good anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I think the same. Just like the “injury” Mario Götze had towards the end of the 2013/14 season, Klopp has been through this before.

I don’t mind the way Can is handling his departure too much, but I’ll be raging if he ends up signing for an English team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

**** it, if offered Roma needing to score 3 next week I would have taken it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Talisman wrote: »
    After the performance tonight, Liverpool have to be confident of scoring next Wednesday. The concern will be that Roma will kick the players off the pitch as they did against Barcelona.

Important to beat Stoke on Saturday. Gives us a bit of a cushion in the league. One draw from the last two games would be enough then.

Rotten luck to lose three midfielders to injury in as many weeks though. Just don't see any scope for rotation there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Wailin

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't care about the stadium. We don't even have to score there. Just stop them scoring three.

Everything is in our favour.

Famous last words said by Barcelona at 4-1 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Didn't think he was great tonight. Felt like he gave the ball away a lot.

Yeah, was thinking that too throughout the game and then he gave two inch perfect passes into Salah for his two assists, so 6 of one and half etc....
    He had no major mess ups in defense and he's the best option we have with Clyne still needing more match time... just need to keep our heads up and not loose them - yeah, still hurts/angry that we conceded, but it's not the end of the world...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

martyos121 wrote: »
    I think the same. Just like the “injury” Mario Götze had towards the end of the 2013/14 season, Klopp has been through this before.

I don’t mind the way Can is handling his departure too much, but I’ll be raging if he ends up signing for an English team.

Can is probably the type that would sign for United no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Talisman wrote: »

Liverpool midfield is alot more combative than Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

TAA, Lovren and Hendo all picked up yellows tonight.

Will the miss the final if they get a yellow next week?

I think the midfeild injurys will cost us in the semi or final , when our midfeild tire we have literally no one to bring on ,
    Can should be brought back in if he isnt injured

Wailin wrote: »

Different tie altogether.

Barcelona, despite the scoreline did not tear Roma apart like Liverpool tonight.

Roma will be fearful of us next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Hopefully this is legit, really harsh to be missing a final of that magnitude(if we get there) for two poxy yellows.

I think the midfeild injurys will cost us in the semi or final , when our midfeild tire we have literally no one to bring on ,

Plenty of recovery time for injuries as the final is on May 26th so hopefully some players will be back by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Its a major issue. Very unlucky for 3 of the 6 midfield options all to be injured.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Barcelona genuinely expected to walk on through, there was nothing which would suggest to them that anything else was a possibility.

Liverpool go to Rome next week with the benefit of seeing exactly what happened to Barcelona.

It is a completely different situation/mindset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

Barcelona, despite the scoreline did not tear Roma apart like Liverpool tonight.

Dunno... As Salah came off Roma changed to a 4-4-2 formation. Don’t if it was Salah being subbed, formation change or Ings not being a mobile threat, but Roma looked much more dangerous then. Hopefully we get an early goal & kill the tie early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can is probably the type that would sign for United no bother.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all. I wouldn’t mind it either though, he’s not what they need. If he went to City, I’d be a lot more worried.

Players rarely develop under Mourinho, whereas they improve tenfold under Guardiola.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Barca believed they were through and got caught out.

We won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Firmino could play the Ox role. Salah in middle, Mane back on right, Woodburn left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

thought bobby was goint to take the head off mo with his fly kick celebration for one of the goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Barca believed they were through and got caught out.

We won't.

I dunno, faith plays a part and Roma had some luck to avoid conceding 8 and with scoring 2 .

• Advertisement

You're right. They're safe. Red card required.

Old rule was three yellows, not two as I thought.

Explained here

Barca have been awful away in Europe.In the last year , 4-0 to PSG , 3-0 to Juve , 3-0 to Roma.,
    Messi the only player to score away since september 2016 in Europe
    Plus the gamenin the Camp Nou was pretty even Barca where very lucl to be 4-1up , Roma.played the same tactics as they did today v Barca in Rome we are a different animal

I only fear.injuries where down to the bare bomes and late on in games are bringimg on trash whem we tire because our back up is gone

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I dunno, faith plays a part and Roma had some luck to avoid conceding 8 and with scoring 2 .

And you should have some faith yourself ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just like the city game keep them at bay and exploit the gaps at the back when they are chasing the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ah **** it, those two late goals make next week a sweat and put a dampener on the whole thing tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Barca scored four but they didn't have 15 clear chances.

We delivered a very different sort of hockying.

As with city, I think we'll win again. They need to push and I can't see there being much less space. We'll be under pressure but once we get organised and set ourselves we're a tough nut to crack. And from there we're dangerous out of all proportion to the numbers of players we'll have springing forward.

I wasn't worried tonight. I'm not worried about the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

**** it, if offered Roma needing to score 3 next week I would have taken it.

When was the last time Liverpool conceded three goals even?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Who would ye rather play in the final if ye get there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

That's great news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Who would ye rather play in the final if ye get there?

Wait until 9:30pm next Wednesday at least before asking that lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I might chance eating the dinner now I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Definitely think Can has a 'sore back' á la Coutinho, and I doubt we'll see him in a Liverpool shirt again. The sheer lack of information about his return supports this I think. I can't remember the exact quote, but when Klopp was asked about it recently, he was so vague about the injury/recovery that I was convinced he's never coming back.

When I said about we need to score two away goals now to cancel out theirs, I mean that at the moment 3-0 and 4-1 puts them through on away goals. 5-2 would be penos obviously. If they'd just got 1 away goal tonight, then 1 away goal for us would 'even' it up, but next week we can score a goal and still go out on away goals.

I know they have to score 3 first, and I know you'd hope we won't let that happen. But I've been a fan long enough to know anything is possible.

Am trying my best to bask in the glory of the result and focus less on the 2 away goals, but it's tough. Especially as they came at the end. If it had been 2-2 say, and then we scored 3 more, it would 'feel' like a better result. But letting in two aways goals near the end is disappointing, and it gives Roma a way back into the tie that 5-0 didn't give them. I suppose it's like any 1-1 game, whichever teams scores the last minute equaliser feels much better at full time, even though the result is the same either way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Damien360

daheff wrote: »

Dunno... As Salah came off Roma changed to a 4-4-2 formation. Don’t if it was Salah being subbed, formation change or Ings not being a mobile threat, but Roma looked much more dangerous then. Hopefully we get an early goal & kill the tie early.

Roma threw caution to the wind at 5-0. The whole team except the keeper was pushed up. Our defense looked overwhelmed. Lovern fannying around really unnerved us (when Henderson ate up just after it happened). We panicked and nearly lost another goal. But for 80mins the team were gods. Roma have work to do. We need to be prepared for a full all out attack like they did in the last 15 mins (including ET).

Roma are now 20 / 1 or more in places to win the competition if you want to put on some cheap suicide insurance for next week. Put on 20 and hedge it off ahead of the final if it comes to that for some easy money.

3 - 0, out
    4 - 1, out

We're well capable of such disasters. So annoying that this is even a conversation tbh. Lovren was utter much for that first Roma goal and the penalty was harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm really annoyed over that penalty. No way should it have been given. If you'd said 5-2 before the game I'd taken it though so it's a bittersweet victory.

Very concerned now over our midfield options. We've been very unlucky losing Ox, Can and Lalana post Christmas but Clyne coming back may see TAA pushed into Milner spot for the weekend to give him a few days rest.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Roma threw caution to the wind at 5-0. The whole team except the keeper was pushed up. Our defense looked overwhelmed. Lovern fannying around really unnerved us (when Henderson ate up just after it happened). We panicked and nearly lost another goal. But for 80mins the team were gods. Roma have work to do. We need to be prepared for a full all out attack like they did in the last 15 mins (including ET).

I don't think Roma will sustain that pace for 90 minutes without Liverpool scoring.
    Also, for there to be extra time next week the game will have to finish 5-2 to Roma and I think that is highly unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Seems to be a few brawls between the fans around Liverpool. Not a great look, regardless of who's instigating. Next week could be very, very tense indeed in Rome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Knex. wrote: »
    When was the last time Liverpool conceded three goals even?

Probably against WBA in the FA Cup, I'd say. Feb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The team can defend when needs be. Although they were hanging on at times against city, city still only scored 1 despite throwing everything at the team.
    I'm not as confident as I was at 5-0 but I'd be surprised if Liverpool didn't go through and sure I've never been surprised at a Liverpool result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

A lot of truth to this. This is nothing like the Roma-Barca tie.

https://twitter.com/Marcotti/status/988879395933835264?s=19

I'm not worried.

We'll need to be fúcking terrible in Rome to fúck this up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I love this team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Knex. wrote: »
    Seems to be a few brawls between the fans around Liverpool. Not a great look, regardless of who's instigating. Next week could be very, very tense indeed in Rome.

Just googled it and seemed to be Roma fans doing it. May be more to to it, who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

They scored 15 and only conceded 2 in the knock out stages. Crazy stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Wouldn't be entirely against Ejaria or Woodburn playing midfield against Stoke. Bar that don't want many other changes, maybe Clyne in for Trent but definitely not Moreno pls.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement