Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ejaria is on loan at Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I wonder is Can off to City or another English team, and they know, hence the "bad back" and freezing out, hmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sounds like a serious one for the Ox. Rarely you see a manager saying it's serious before the player has even had a scan. That could even be next season in jeopardy for him. Poor lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I never thought a scoreline like this could disappoint me.

At 5-0,i was asking the lads, is this really a semi final?

Sadly it feels like one now!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

MD1990 wrote: »
    Ejaria is on loan at Sunderland.

Ahhh sh1t yeah, the poor fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Roma fans attacking people outside Anfield with belts and hammers, wonder if they'll get in trouble or if that's strictly for broken wing mirrors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

At 5 nil we could have rest people on bookings. Now we can’t. We are going to lose someone for the final due to suspension and we don’t have the squad unless can Mario and lallana get fit soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Bowlardo wrote: »
    At 5 nil we could have rest people on bookings. Now we can’t. We are going to lose someone for the final due to suspension and we don’t have the squad unless can Mario and lallana get fit soon

See above posts, only red card will get you missing the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Its a major issue. Very unlucky for 3 of the 6 midfield options all to be injured.

Prefer 3 midfielders missing rather than one of front three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Bowlardo wrote: »

Yellows reset after last round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

spockety wrote: »
    Barcelona genuinely expected to walk on through, there was nothing which would suggest to them that anything else was a possibility.

Liverpool go to Rome next week with the benefit of seeing exactly what happened to Barcelona.

It is a completely different situation/mindset.

Everything I've seen this team do on the pitch in Europe. Every soundbite I've seen or heard from the manager suggests that complacency will not even be the slightest issue next week. This bunch have tunnel vision for Kiev and look like they'll bowl over whatever gets in their way next week to get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Sounds like a serious one for the Ox. Rarely you see a manager saying it's serious before the player has even had a scan. That could even be next season in jeopardy for him. Poor lad.

I presume it's knee ligaments, I am not sure how much they showed on camera but even when he was on the sideline being treated he tried a couple of times to put weight on the leg but no good. It means he will get the summer off at least.
    The squad is seriously light now, if we were to get through to the final milner and lovren would need to be careful not to get yellow cards in the Roma game. Ings could have stayed on the bench for the amount he contributed when he came on. I realise why salah was taken off but I think if he had stayed on or we had a better opinion from the bench that the tie would be over now.

Fieldog wrote: »
    I wonder is Can off to City or another English team, and they know, hence the "bad back" and freezing out, hmm...

I think he would be a Mourinho type midfielder.

But surely he won't join them. Doesn't look like City are targeting going by latest reports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Fieldog wrote: »

I thought Juve was his destination?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭klose

I'm more bummed over chamberlain's injury than shipping two away goals, I believe we are now down to 3 senior central midfielders now assuming oxs injury is a bad one. I still fancy us to score over there and even at that we've a 3 goal cushion. Still madness how many goals we are scoring in this years champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

There was mutterings of City a few weeks ago, and completely unsubstantiated rumours he bought a house half outside Liverpool and closer to Manchester and could be going to them...

spockety wrote: »
    Barcelona genuinely expected to walk on through, there was nothing which would suggest to them that anything else was a possibility.

Liverpool go to Rome next week with the benefit of seeing exactly what happened to Barcelona.

It is a completely different situation/mindset.

I spoke with some Barcelona fans in Liverpool today, they said they booked the trip as they thought they had qualified for the next round after the first leg result. I never asked how they knew that the first leg would be in Liverpool or if they booked two trips, either way they didn't look like they were saving up for the trip

I spoke with some Barcelona fans in Liverpool today, they said they booked the trip as they thought they had qualified for the next round after the first leg result. I never asked how they knew that the first leg would be in Liverpool or if they booked two trips, either way they didn't look like they were saving up for the trip

Barcelona never knew who they were playing if they go through against Roma.

Your story is implausible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

They also wouldn't know which leg would be played first.
    You'd have a 1 in 12 chance of getting it right if you went over just for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

klose wrote: »
    I'm more bummed over chamberlain's injury than shipping two away goals, I believe we are now down to 3 senior central midfielders now assuming oxs injury is a bad one. I still fancy us to score over there and even at that we've a 3 goal cushion. Still madness how many goals we are scoring in this years champions league.

38 in 11 games, almost averaging 3.5 per game. Spectacular.

• Advertisement

It makes no sense, you are right, just waffle, we are Barcelona fans, we were so sure that we were through that we had the trip booked, I didn't think of all the alternatives as I was on the way to the match at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

mosstin wrote: »
    Everything I've seen this team do on the pitch in Europe. Every soundbite I've seen or heard from the manager suggests that complacency will not even be the slightest issue next week. This bunch have tunnel vision for Kiev and look like they'll bowl over whatever gets in their way next week to get there.

Great pist.

Just realised all the chances we had tonight.

The 5 goals.
    Mane missing two good chances.
    Lovren heading against the bar when he should have scored.
    Wijnaldum sitter.

Am I missing another?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    If any player can get a hat trick without being on the pitch it would be Salah.

Kane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Where are all the other fans now after this

https://www.merseyside.police.uk/news/latest-news/2018/04/two-men-arrested-after-53-year-old-man-assaulted-near-to-anfield-before-tonights-champions-league-semi-final/#5adfb7ca827df

I mean they were all quick to jump on Liverpool fans for what they did to a bus this is a fellow person

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-43886371/scenes-outside-anfield-before-liverpool-v-roma

Rome is not going to be nice next week

The old lad that got a kicking from the Roma fans is Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hope hes alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

He has apparently died. That is the word locally. I obviously cant say 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

xtal191 wrote: »
    Hope hes alright

thats awful. its only a game. and it can be a happy game. where does this bitterness come from? fecks sake lads.

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »
    He has apparently died. That is the word locally. I obviously cant say 100%

They are saying he’s in critical condition officially but who knows. Two Roma fans arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

They are saying he’s in critical condition officially but who knows. Two Roma fans arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

From what I am hearing locally its not good but hopefully it is just people jumping the gun. Either way from the footage those scumbags will get what they deserve.

I just hope no idiots try to get "revenge" next week. This is just football ffs.

Didnt see the opposition fans this quiet a couple of weeks ago though

From what I am hearing locally its not good but hopefully it is just people jumping the gun. Either way from the footage those scumbags will get what they deserve.

I just hope no idiots try to get "revenge" next week. This is just football ffs.

Didnt see the opposition fans this quiet a couple of weeks ago though

Next week will be worse being in Rome but of course UEFA will do nothing about it

Like ffs this is insane. with the city game the amount of rubbish Bt sports went on about that flippin bus. Now tonight a man gets stabbed and is at least is critical condition (in fact rumoured to have passed away) and not a bleep out of the English media???? or opposition fans who wanted Liverpoool kicked out of the cup a couple of weeks ago!!

****ing self serving bias muppets

Like ffs this is insane. with the city game the amount of rubbish Bt sports went on about that flippin bus. Now tonight a man gets stabbed and is at least is critical condition (in fact rumoured to have passed away) and not a bleep out of the English media???? or opposition fans who wanted Liverpoool kicked out of the cup a couple of weeks ago!!

****ing self serving bias muppets

BBC have it up on twitter but the usual comments now on it of Liverpool fans playing the victim. UEFA set the presidence of charging Liverpool for what happened outside the ground in the Quarter Finals so they can’t use that excuse to ignore what happened tonight but they will

BBC have it up on twitter but the usual comments now on it of Liverpool fans playing the victim. UEFA set the presidence of charging Liverpool for what happened outside the ground in the Quarter Finals so they can’t use that excuse to ignore what happened tonight but they will

That **** is crazy

I ****ing hate that "playing the victim" line other fans use and pretend its innocent.

assholes

• Advertisement

10 - Roberto Firmino has equalled the record for the fastest player to 10 Champions League goals:

Roberto Firmino (11 apps)
    Adriano (11 apps)
    Simone Inzaghi (12 apps)
    Wissam Ben Yedder (12 apps)
    Seydou Doumbia (13 apps)
    Didier Drogba (13 apps)
    George Weah (13 apps)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/status/988887415644393472?s=19

Can't believe this only happened twice tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/status/988887415644393472?s=19

Can't believe this only happened twice tbh.

we are a bit special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

How much better we were to Roma for 60-70 minutes, in a CL semi final, is actually absolutely ridiculous.

Initial disappointment of conceding the late goals aside, it's important to not lose sight of that. We may never again witness something like that in our life times, it's actually crazy.

We could have scored 8 or 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

30 minutes in it was very apparent that Roma were a terrible team (or a decent team playing terribly), that was even before Mane started missing all those chances. If we lose to them by 3 clear goals in Rome then we won’t deserve to make the final anyway.

When the draw was made I feared for our fans going to Rome. Any time there’s an italian away leg you can expect stabbings, surprised it happened on Liverpool turf though. Hope the fan recovers

• Advertisement

Armchair medical analysis here, but the last time I saw a player writhing around like that with a knee injury, an NFL player (Victor Cruz) had blown out his patella tendon.

Pretty much the worst knee injury of the lot. It's the same one Brazilian Ronaldo got all those years ago.

The Cruz one was non contact, whereas Ox's seems to be more of the cause of the collision. Hopefully it's not the tendon and is something less severe.

Never knew this.

When Leeds won the league in the early 70s, Don Revie demanded the Leeds players pay respect to the Kop after beating Liverpool to the title, and the Kop honoured them like true sportsmen.
    On the final whistle, as the Leeds players cavorted with joy in front of their delirious fans at this first delightful taste of being The Best – and as the weary Liverpool troops, having given their all in vain, sportingly congratulated the new Champions – Revie came over to Billy Bremner and confirmed to him that he was to lead his team over to the Kop. This, remember, was at a time when crowd violence was becoming very fashionable. A similar gesture at the Theatre of Hollow Myths down Trafford way, and sundry other less-than-welcoming grounds around the country, might very well have got you a crack on the head with a pool ball or a dart in the eye. It did rather seem to be pushing things a bit – but Revie was insistent, and he was very definitely The Boss.

So it happened that Billy Bremner, captain of champions Leeds United, gathered his players together and led them on a long, slow walk to the legendary Anfield Kop. When it was realised what was happening, a hush fell on the ground. In near-silence, the heroes in white walked on, nearer and nearer to the most iconic terrace of them all.

On the night, Bremner had won the toss for Leeds, and had elected to make the Reds attack the Kop in the first half; a tactical ploy that went against the home side’s preference for a second half onslaught on their favourite end. So the Leeds players had to walk nearly the length of the pitch to approach the massed Liverpool fans behind the Kop goal, and with every passing second, the silence became more loaded – almost a solid thing you might cut with a knife. Leeds United were asking for it – what would they get?

What they did get is now the stuff of legend and has passed deservedly into United and Liverpool folklore. As the triumphant yet apprehensive Leeds warriors finally neared the Kop, the long silence was finally broken as the first cry of “Champions!” went up, swiftly echoed by others on the still-packed terrace – until finally the whole 27,000 population of that mighty hill were acclaiming the title-winners with the same shout, over and over again: “Champions! Champions! Champions!!”

This was completely unprecedented; a moment unparalleled before or since, something to raise the hairs on the back of your neck, the ultimate acknowledgement of respect and admiration even out of defeat – and a massive credit to the football fans of Liverpool FC. It was the epitome of true rivalry between two crack teams, forged out of one of the grisliest on-field battles any football ground had witnessed for many a long year. No finer tribute could have been paid by any fans, anywhere – and the Leeds players stayed out there, in front of the Kop, for a good quarter of an hour or more, paying their respects to both sets of fans

https://roblufc.org/2014/04/29/when-the-anfield-kop-saluted-our-leeds-united-champions-by-rob-atkinson/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Juventus were reported to have given him an ultimatum to sign for them three weeks ago. Their supposed deadline for signing the agreement passed 10 days ago.

There was a story in the German media that he will make the decision about his next club at the end of this month.

Gbear wrote: »
    Barca scored four but they didn't have 15 clear chances.

We delivered a very different sort of hockying.

As with city, I think we'll win again. They need to push and I can't see there being much less space. We'll be under pressure but once we get organised and set ourselves we're a tough nut to crack. And from there we're dangerous out of all proportion to the numbers of players we'll have springing forward.

I wasn't worried tonight. I'm not worried about the next game.
    Sergi Roberto and Luis Suarez both had opportunities to put Barcelona ahead before Dzeko scored the first goal in the second leg. Sergi Roberto lacked composure and Suarez no longer has the legs to destroy teams on the break. I think that tonight Liverpool executed what Barcelona had intended to do in that game.

In the return leg, the team will have to be prepared for all of the shenanigans by the Roma players. In the first half against Barcelona, Dzeko, Kolorov and Schick all tried to conn penalties out of the referee.

It won't be an easy game, but the fact that Liverpool are the only unbeaten team in the competition and the way the team were able to weather the storm against Man City would make you confident that the tie will be won. One thing is for sure, Liverpool won't allow themselves to be physically bullied the way Barcelona were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Liverpool are through now, Roma won't be coming back this time. Job done I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

story of the Irish lad being assaulted takes the gloss of this a lot more than the two late goals. hope he recovers alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

All I'm hearing all morning in work is how it's not over and how we ****ed up and how we haven't shut up gloating about how great we are, when it's literally utd fans shouting to each other across the floor about the match ..imbecilles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Been trying to convince myself since last night that Mo can't win the Ballon d'Or this year.

He can't, can he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

All I'm hearing all morning in work is how it's not over and how we ****ed up and how we haven't shut up gloating about how great we are, when it's literally utd fans shouting to each other across the floor about the match ..imbecilles

They need something to cling to.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement