Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The video is not showing the full incident it is showing the aftermath of the Irish guy being attacked as you can see him laying in the ground and you see a Roma "fan" going up and kicking another guy in the head who is helping the guy on the ground

A less seen different angle. Not full either.
    Just shows my ONLY POINT, that a few are more than willing to engage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Talisman wrote: »
    Toby you should really put some thought into your posts on the subject before you submit them. Don't feel the need to say something just for the sake of saying something.

Sean Cox didn't 'tango' with the Roma mob - it appears he was attacked for no other reason than the fact that he was the closest available target.

Word around is he was specifically targeted by them as an older fan. And his situation is apparently very grave.

Hearing that news last night on the way out of Anfield completely deflated me and many other fans. He was just going to watch a game.

Today his wife has flown in to sit at his bedside in intensive care at the neurological hospital. Stop and think what that must feel like. My own wife could easily have been doing the same today if I had been as unlucky which really puts it into perspective.

So for Toby to write a post like that, and subsequently back it up instead of retract, based on no ****ing evidence at all, effectively victim blaming and speculating about a man’s actions who reportedly did nothing at all to end up on life support right now as you type it with his wife at his side praying that he’ll live...it’s sickening. Not just bad taste, not just badly thought-out, it’s sickening to express such apathy and menace towards a fellow Irishman at a time like this.

I think it’s probably against the charter to announce you’re blocking somebody but whatever, have no desire to read another word from somebody with that attitude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yea looking at that, that is after they attacked the Liverpool fans outside the Albert as that is them running away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Just reading this article by Lawro, and while there isnt much in it of substance, he does make the statement about the front three of Bobby, Mane & Salah that he "cannot think of a better front three I have seen in British football."

I would argue that Suarez, Sterling and Sturrigde were a better front three, as each one of them was devastating on their own, where as our current 3 amigo's are arguably a better unit, I would still prefer to have the other front three

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43888382

Salah is better than Suarez.

Firmino better than Sturridge.

Mane better than Sterling.

Our front 3 now is better both individually & collectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Toby, you know I'm a fan of your oeuvre, but you're barking up the wrong tree here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

8-10 wrote: »
    Word around is he was specifically targeted by them as an older fan. And his situation is apparently very grave.

Hearing that news last night on the way out of Anfield completely deflated me and many other fans. He was just going to watch a game.

Today his wife has flown in to sit at his bedside in intensive care at the neurological hospital. Stop and think what that must feel like. My own wife could easily have been doing the same today if I had been as unlucky which really puts it into perspective.

So for Toby to write a post like that, and subsequently back it up instead of retract, based on no ****ing evidence at all, effectively victim blaming and speculating about a man’s actions who reportedly did nothing at all to end up on life support right now as you type it with his wife at his side praying that he’ll live...it’s sickening. Not just bad taste, not just badly thought-out, it’s sickening to express such apathy and menace towards a fellow Irishman at a time like this.

I think it’s probably against the charter to announce you’re blocking somebody but whatever, have no desire to read another word from somebody with that attitude

Well said. Spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think it's a matter of opinion but if your opinion is Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling were better than the current Mane, Salah and Bobby trinity, your opinion is wrong, in my opinion.

Much as I loved Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I am absolutely flabbergasted after watching those 2 videos that I never saw one officer - not one - Absolutely mind boggling!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I hope it's not the petallar tendon as reported. I strained mine before and it was absolute agony, can't imagine what a tear would be like.

Ah balls, is that's what's actually suspected? I was saying it last night as his reaction reminded me instantly of a player who did his patella a few years ago.

I was hopeful that because this was impact related that it would be something different, however. That's a career threatening injury.

• Advertisement

Suarez was great. But a bit overated in his time at us.

I would still rank Gerrard above him for instance because of 05 & 06.

Salah even if in short time scores so many inportant goals Suarez didn't score that many important goals that I remember. Like late winners or decisive goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Suarez improved the players around him as the following season everyone's level dropped. I don't think our front 3 can do that as effectively but as a trident they have 28 goals in the Champions League, nearly 90 in all comps.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Suarez improved the players around him as the following season everyone's level dropped. I don't think our front 3 can do that as effectively but as a trident they have 28 goals in the Champions League, nearly 90 in all comps.

Conceded 4 goals in the last 2 games Salah went off.

MD1990 wrote:
    Conceded 4 goals in the last 2 games Salah went off.

What has that to do with anything I said?
    Everyone knows we don't have any cover with Ings & Solanke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The video is not showing the full incident it is showing the aftermath of the Irish guy being attacked as you can see him laying in the ground and you see a Roma "fan" going up and kicking another guy in the head who is helping the guy on the ground

corwill wrote: »

Toby, you know I'm a fan of your oeuvre, but you're barking up the wrong tree here.

Your some clown you have Zero evidence that Sean even interacted with the Roma fans, The man is likely going to die and you come on talking **** about what he may have done with zero evidence to back it up ,
    Hang your head in shame, imagine if that was your da, brother, Son currently in critical condition and someone else making up **** ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Were the hell were Merseyside Police?

10 minutes before kick off and Italian Ultras are allowed to cause trouble right outside the ground without any interference and not a cop in sight?

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Were the hell were Merseyside Police?

10 minutes before kick off and Italian Ultras are allowed to cause trouble right outside the ground without any interference and not a cop in sight?

It was not 10 mins before kick off it is now being reported that it happened at 7:05pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Karius is an accident waiting to happen every single game there are moment of unease with him that people try find a way to dismiss as not his fault, Himself and Lovren are our weakest links ,

Are you still of the view that he is the worst keeper to ever play for Liverpool?

Something has to be done about this. Disgrace is too soft a word, both the police and UEFA have some explaining to do.

It was not 10 mins before kick off it is now being reported that it happened at 7:05pm

There should be a police presence all over the ground at least an hour/ hour and a half before kick off. Pods of officers walking round. The lads on horseback. Vehicles parked up with police keeping an eye on everything.

The lack of a visual police presence in those videos is shocking. I've been to loads of european/domestic games and you usually see police all over the place.

What/where were they at?

*edit: what time did the buses get in? there would have been a massive presence there for that no?

Even so, 40 mins before kick off is a very busy time and the are should be more secure.

Saw more Gardai outside the Aviva when Liverpool played a friendly there last August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a stadium ban next week, stop any Liverpool fans from traveling for the sake of their own safety.

Karius is an accident waiting to happen every single game there are moment of unease with him that people try find a way to dismiss as not his fault, Himself and Lovren are our weakest links ,

Are you still of the view that he is the worst keeper to ever play for Liverpool?
     I don't have a personal problem with any player and will call it straight, He has certainly improved so I would no longer say worst keeper iv seen , but I still do not think he is good enough,
    He'd be good for a mid table side but I think if you want to win things you need a better keeper than him, Nearly every game or second game there is some kind of uncertainty with him ,  Personally I think he'd be a good second keeper for us,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    There should be a police presence all over the ground at least an hour/ hour and a half before kick off. Pods of officers walking round. The lads on horseback. Vehicles parked up with police keeping an eye on everything.

The lack of a visual police presence in those videos is shocking. I've been to loads of european/domestic games and you usually see police all over the place.

What/where were they at?

*edit: what time did the buses get in? there would have been a massive presence there for that no?

Buses I think were 6.30ish at a different entrance

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a stadium ban next week, stop any Liverpool fans from traveling for the sake of their own safety.
    You gotta be joking, Eufa will bury there head in the sand for this nothing will be done or said,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Suprised by all of this. Very unlike Italians to be cowardly.

8-10 wrote: »
    Buses I think were 6.30ish at a different entrance

So there would have been a big police presence an hour or so before kick off.
    Makes it even worse than there was no-one around to stop this before it got out of hand so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Your some clown you have Zero evidence that Sean even interacted with the Roma fans, The man is likely going to die and you come on talking **** about what he may have done with zero evidence to back it up ,
    Hang your head in shame, imagine if that was your da, brother, Son currently in critical condition and someone else making up **** ,

yourdeadwright, you're dead right.
    I was wrong, and retract my opinion on this matter. I should have waited for facts before shooting my mouth off.

Does anyone have a presale code for tomorrow for the Dublin game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Andre Marriner has been named as the referee for the Stoke City game at the weekend.

Toby, that's a really poor post.

The poor man and his family. Remember, some of them may read this forum.

• Advertisement

yourdeadwright, you're dead right.
    I was wrong, and retract my opinion on this matter. I should have waited for facts before shooting my mouth off.
    Ireland a small place every chance that guys family members or friends could be on here, just a bit of respect needs to be shown that's all, After all he could have been anyone of us on here just a Liverpool fan out to enjoy a day he was no doubt looking forward to all week,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

There is a gofund me page set up for that poor man who got attacked.

https://www.gofundme.com/sean-cox-medical-fund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,693 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Does anyone have a presale code for tomorrow for the Dublin game?

Sent you a pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Just a though that occurred to me, now that I'm feeling a bit more positive after feeling disappointed last night with the two late goals.

I know we're down to three midfielders now, and we're in real trouble if any of them get injured over the next 4 games. But, if they don't, there are 13 days between the last game of the season and the Final. So, if we get to the final, we'll have 13 days rest. That might not be enough to get Lallana back (I believe Can will never be back and until we hear different, Ox is gone for the season), but it is more than enough to give our three midfielders a good rest before the Final. If we get to it, our 3 fit midfielders should be raring to go, and maybe even Lallana on the bench.

Winning on Saturday is huge, if we can do that we only need 1 point from two games. So winning on Saturday, and staying injury free, is key.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think it's a matter of opinion but if your opinion is Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling were better than the current Mane, Salah and Bobby trinity, your opinion is wrong, in my opinion.

Much as I loved Suarez

Suarez (for us) is still better than Salah in my honest opinion. I'll admit it is getting extremely close though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

The fella holding the hammer in the videos is a Liverpool fan?

jasonb wrote: »
    Just a though that occurred to me, now that I'm feeling a bit more positive after feeling disappointed last night with the two late goals.

I know we're down to three midfielders now, and we're in real trouble if any of them get injured over the next 4 games. But, if they don't, there are 13 days between the last game of the season and the Final. So, if we get to the final, we'll have 13 days rest. That might not be enough to get Lallana back (I believe Can will never be back and until we hear different, Ox is gone for the season), but it is more than enough to give our three midfielders a good rest before the Final. If we get to it, our 3 fit midfielders should be raring to go, and maybe even Lallana on the bench.

Winning on Saturday is huge, if we can do that we only need 1 point from two games. So winning on Saturday, and staying injury free, is key.
    Its a cliché but Saturday is our biggest game of the season, Win and top four is 99% certain, We'd need 1 point if Chelsea win all there games,
    Top four is more important than next Wednesday ,we "HAVE" to win on Saturday, last weekend was a major F*ck up , Jurgen's post game reaction says it all ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

ozzy jr wrote: »

Probably a local who grabbed it out of his house when he saw all the ruckus going on around the ground.

Probably a local who grabbed it out of his house when he saw all the ruckus going on around the ground.

Yes, that's the first thought of most people when they see trouble.

"I'll just nip home and get my hammer!".

• Advertisement

Or got it from one of the stalls or picked it up from a Roma fan will never know but it is not right and just as bad as the Roma fans.

If "fans" are so keen on fighting why not get in touch with each other and arrange a site away from the ground and do it leave those who are there for the football to go to the football in peace

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, that's the first thought of most people when they see trouble.

"I'll just nip home and get my hammer!".

Well it will be with some people. Not very many thankfully. I think it's naive to think otherwise. There are always those out there who will use any excuse to get involved in trouble.

He didn't have any colours on from what I could see so I doubt he was even going to the match. Just saw an opportunity for a ruck.

I think the obvious answer is its one of the lads from the stalls, The stalls are right where the whole thing is videoed from,
    Also if you where a Liverpool looking for a fight ud go the other side of the ground where the away fans are normally kept,

Its a cliché but Saturday is our biggest game of the season, Win and top four is 99% certain, We'd need 1 point if Chelsea win all there games,
    Top four is more important than next Wednesday ,we "HAVE" to win on Saturday, last weekend was a major F*ck up , Jurgen's post game reaction says it all ,

Yeah need to win Saturday. I don't fancy us drawing and still needing 3 points to secure a top 4 spot. Lose at Chelsea and we'd have to beat Brighton on the final day. That's cutting it a bit too close for comfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

It was widely reported last night and this morning that was a Roma fan, who's now reporting otherwise?

It was widely reported last night and this morning that was a Roma fan, who's now reporting otherwise?
    No one is reporting its just that he is standing with the Liverpool fans who are filming it, so probabaly not a Roma Ultra he would have legged it with them ,
    Id be 99% sure its one of the lads from the stalls, they are right where the video is filmed and u need a hammer for setting up ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Just looking at the video myself and thought Italians don't dress like that. Definitely look local.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Latest on Ox is he is out for the rest of the season and should be back for the start of next season.

The Mirror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

One thing for certain from last ngt, neither one or the other keeper looked better than the other,all players can make errors,even so called 75mill quid world class players

Latest on Ox is he is out for the rest of the season and should be back for the start of next season.

The Mirror.

Would take that to be honest. Thought he was looking at missing most of next season at one point.

Expected but even still........
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu*k

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement