Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Once we don't lose Saturday. A draw still leaves it in our hands as worst case scenario you then just have to beat Brighton on the last day of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

One thing for certain from last ngt, neither one or the other keeper looked better than the other,all players can make errors,even so called 75mill quid world class players
    I dont recall Allison making an Error ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

5 goals is a good thing then?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

Dropped a fairly straight forward corner in the second half. Nitpicking but a mistake nonetheless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

GBX wrote: »

It's not, but which of the 5 goals was down to the keeper's error?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

GBX wrote: »

Which of them do you think he should have saved?

That’s an incredibly simplistic viewpoint tbh.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, that's the first thought of most people when they see trouble.

"I'll just nip home and get my hammer!".

I've one in the car :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Why are people thinking the guy with the hammer is a Liverpool fan all of a sudden?

I mean ffs are you trying to imply Liverpool fans started this now?? They invited the big group of thugs down to the pub for a brawl did they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Mr.H wrote: »
    Why are people thinking the guy with the hammer is a Liverpool fan all of a sudden?

I mean ffs are you trying to imply Liverpool fans started this now?? They invited the big group of thugs down to the pub for a brawl did they?

Anyone have a link to the original video? I've only seen stills.

It just cause in th video he is standing beside whoever recorded it watching the Roma fans, He doesn't run either with the rest of the Roma fans,
    As said he's probably one of the lads from the stalls (that's where the video is recorded ) who just picked it up incase they came his way its understandable, He'd also have it there for putting up his stall ,

• Advertisement

It just cause in th video he is standing beside whoever recorded it watching the Roma fans, He doesn't run either with the rest of the Roma fans,
    As said he's probably one of the lads from the stalls (that's where the video is recorded ) who just picked it up incase they came his way its understandable, He'd also have it there for putting up his stall ,

Ive only seen the still myself.

I saw this image but it looks like Roma fans. If you see the images in the same tweet you can clearly see the Roma fans dressed like this walking to anfield.

Is this the image people are talking about?

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/988868842838511616

I find it a little pathetic that some people here want to use a mans almost death to wind up Liverpool fans. I mean ffs how low can you get?

I saw this image but it looks like Roma fans. If you see the images in the same tweet you can clearly see the Roma fans dressed like this walking to anfield.

I find it a little pathetic that some people here want to use a mans almost death to wind up Liverpool fans. I mean ffs how low can you get?
    To be fair from the still there is zero indication he is a fan or that the pic is even taken in Liverpool .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

He did drop a cross right onto ginis head and would have conceded from it had a defender not been behind him to stop the header, simple mistake but every player can make them.

To be fair from the still there is zero indication he is a fan or that the pic is even taken in Liverpool .

Well thats true. But they were the only images I saw of the hammer.

I just wish that we didnt have to debate this with oppositions fans who just want to act like liverpool fans got what was coming to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

https://youtu.be/t-7FJA8DJRg

Does not take them long at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Then don't debate. Pointless doing so.

re the video - love the shirt sponsor's name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This is nicely done

https://streamable.com/gd32t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Knex. wrote: »
    This is nicely done

pretty epic alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ox out of the world cup :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

We really need to start bringing in quality to bolster the squad this summer.

It is very unfortunate to have can,lallana, matip and ox all out injured but for a club of this side we need to start bringing in better players for our bench and to compete for the starting 11.

The likes of Danny ings and Solanke are just not good enough for back up. Plenty of cash now to go out and buy young and hungry players to compete with the front 3 and of course be moulded under Klopp.

Also the club could do with looking at some of the free agents this summer. One or two could bring a bit of maturity and guidance into the squad and help out the younger players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Gerrard being linked with the Rangers job. Rangers fans not happy. Apparently he has a daughter named Lourdes lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Lads, I've seen this in the match thread. Any chance we could keep it there? There's one lad on the windup and several have taken the bait.
    Seriously, glorious times being a Red - can't we just celebrate a remarkable performance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gutted for Ox. Genuinely.

2nd World Cup he's missing out on now, and he's been great sine he joined. One of the few footballers I'd happily listen away to as well. Seems like a fairly likeable fella.

And from a Liverpool perspective, that's a massive loss for us. Especially when you consider the fact that there's only 3 fit midfielders as things now stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Poor fecker, everything started to click for him and was really enjoying his football too

I'm sure most of us feared the worst when looking at the replay, you could see something clearly got bent out of shape.

Clyne has to be the right back for the rest of the PL campaign certainly, I'd play TAA on the right of midfield with Hendo/Gini/Milner rotating for the other two spots, might also be time give Woodburn time when at all possible. Obviously a win v Stoke would go a long way to securing 4th. Hopefully Brighton are safe by the final match even if Liverpool are not.

Edit I forgot Can (ta mosstin) might he stage a miracle recovery? ;) Lallana back in time for a game or two? (you can tell I'm getting worried)

Knex. wrote: »
    Gutted for Ox. Genuinely.

2nd World Cup he's missing out on now, and he's been great sine he joined. One of the few footballers I'd happily listen away to as well. Seems like a fairly likeable fella.

And from a Liverpool perspective, that's a massive loss for us. Especially when you consider the fact that there's only 3 fit midfielders as things now stand.

Yeah, we're thin in the middle alright. What Milner has done for us in the CL has been remarkable but he has to be tiring. Can would be a great option if fit which doesn't look likely though it's strange that we haven't come out and said it.
    One last thing - saw it mentioned here last week that we'd be better off getting rid of Gini in the summer. His impact coming off the bench last night was superb. Never really missed Ox at all - he is a wonderful squad option.

I'd been looking for this but it's not playing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

mosstin wrote: »
    I'd been looking for this but it's not playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just realised Salah is the first ever player to win player of the month 3 months in the same season. We've currently taken 4 of the available 8 months, Mane getting the other one in August. Last POTM award we had before this season was March 2014.

https://twitter.com/PaddySlattery11/status/989090547003527168?s=19

Milner taking his assist game to the next level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Gutted for the Ox, thought he'd be an ok-ish signing but it seemed like a lot of money for a squad/bench player with a years contract left. Myself and many others proved very very wrong by him.
    He turned out to be a fantastic bit of business tho, a massive loss at a crucial time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh_XXNeHsXI/

Henderson message to the man who was hurt last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

34 min - He spilt a Firminio shot just a minute before Salah's first goal.
    44 min - He threw himself on the ground which meant Salah only had to lift the ball over him to score.
    61 min - He was caught ball watching for the fourth goal.
    63 min - He dropped Salah's cross from a corner and was lucky the ball fell for Jesus to clear.
    68 min - He was terrible for the fifth goal - he started in the middle of the 6 yard box, ran back to his goal line as the corner was taken, turned around to see Firminio connect with the ball and was scrambling to get anywhere near it.

He pulled off some good saves during the game but in fairness Karius would be crucified for a similar performance.

Cant believe what Dunphy just said on RTE just now.

Said the stabbing last night was a consequence of the lfc fans throwing bottles at Man Citys bus the other week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

ricero wrote: »

Said the stabbing last night was a consequence of the lfc fans throwing bottles at Man Citys bus the other week.

Getting a lot of stick on social media for that and rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

ricero wrote: »

No one takes any notice of his ramblings anymore.

No one takes any notice of his ramblings anymore.

Hes an idiot that talks ****e for headlines but what he said there tonight was too far.

Disgusting comment to make on the stabbing last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Dunphy - "I was a Klopp fan from day 1" - when calling him a spoofer or a clown he was showing his fanboyism alright.

Dunphy is an emotional drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Listening to Dunphy and Hamann has me almost convinced that we actually lost 5-2 last night.

5-2 means Roma have Liverpool just where they want them

A 3 goal lead is the most dangerous kind (to be fair this is something the side has stress tested in both directions more than once :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

you could just about post everything Dunphy says and express incredulity

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The best thing Dunphy has every done was let me kiss his face one time when he was coming out of Lillies.

It started a queue of people wanting to kiss his face.

Dunphy is a WUM.....he's very good at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Incredible message from Ox

https://twitter.com/Alex_OxChambo/status/989207148218454017
    Absolutely devastated to have picked up this injury at such a crucial time in the season. Gutted I won’t be able to play any further part now in our Champions League run for Liverpool, and also the World Cup with England. But now it’s all about supporting the boys and getting behind them. I know we have what it takes to do something special in this tournament. I’m going to give everything I have to make sure I’m back as quickly as possible. However, this all pales in comparison to how the family of the liverpool fan badly hurt before last nights game must be feeling. My thoughts are with him and his loved ones. Thank you for all your kind words, messages and support. I’ll see you soon. #YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

5-2 means Roma have Liverpool just where they want them

A 3 goal lead is the most dangerous kind (to be fair this is something the side has stress tested in both directions more than once :D)

We showed Milan it was in a European Cup final if I remember right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He seriously is a good man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement