Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I hope it's not the petallar tendon as reported. I strained mine before and it was absolute agony, can't imagine what a tear would be like.

i fell on tiles and done mine... havent played football in 5 years and can hardly run at all.. it's a killer.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

We showed Milan it was in a European Cup final if I remember right.

and this one which didn't come off alas

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/champions_league/2440329.stm

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

mada999 wrote: »
    i fell on tiles and done mine... havent played football in 5 years and can hardly run at all.. it's a killer.. :(

I strained it and came back too quickly and strained it again, I'm only back running a few weeks on it and seems to be holding up so far.

Although the club said it was a ligament issue in their statement, so might not be the patellar after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I strained it and came back too quickly and strained it again, I'm only back running a few weeks on it and seems to be holding up so far.

Although the club said it was a ligament issue in their statement, so might not be the patellar after all.

Yeah... they didn't specify which either, so hopefully its just the medial. I guess they can't be sure until the swelling goes down.

I stood on an upturned plug once :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I really feel for the Ox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I stood up at mass once when everyone else kneeled. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Your so brave bbz xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I broke my banjo string a while back..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I shuddered reading the name Hakan Yakin

• Advertisement

Don't see much to be worry about in the other semi..

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Dunphy is an emotional drunk.

Ive heard him being described in many ways. I think this is the most apt description I've ever heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

11k in that gofund me for our fellow fans family , great going in a few hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I stood on lego once never again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Does this game seem a little pedestrian after watching our last 3 games in this competition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

mightyreds wrote: »
    Does this game seem a little pedestrian after watching our last 3 games in this competition!

This must be the poor quality semi final :pac:

Might be your broadband connection..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bayern are just so slow in attack and Madrid can afford to sit back. I think Madrid will win it over the two legs and they're probably the team that would worry me more of these two. Their front line could destroy Liverpool's defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

God. I hate Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Madrid showing Bayern how its done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Anyone know about this James Daniel Maddison fella we're linked with?

Plays for Norwich...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

brevity wrote: »

Plays for Norwich...

Not got enough players like that or that Robertson fella from Hull will never move Liverpool on. ::pac::

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm heading to the same pub where I watched us beat City and I've drafted in the same crew and asked them all to wear the same clothes as then.
    corwill wrote: »
    I don't envy you the kacks audit you'll obviously have to conduct prior to KO to make sure this works, but good on you, Grayditch, you're a sport.

Top, top work on the inspection of the grundies, Grayditch. Chapeau.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Talk about Liverpool having an easy run, Bayern's two previous knockout opponents were Sevilla and Besiktas, and it shows.

Plays for Norwich...

Highly rated by all accounts, championship Gerrard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Madrid are so blessed to win 2-1.

Will be tough to take losing to the preener Ronaldo and listening to all the fanboys if we meet them in the final, would much prefer play Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hard to see past Madrid being in the final. Should put that Bayern team away next week,especially if ‘Ronnie’ comes back into the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

not yet wrote: »
    I broke my banjo string a while back..
    not yet wrote: »
    Don't see much to be worry about in the other semi..

Gotta say I'm surprised to hear you're not worried about semi's after what you've been through mate :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

This is exactly what we want. On course to play Real in the CL final. We'll tear them a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Plays for Norwich...

Saw a thread someone put together on Twitter a few days ago about him. He looks very good. Similar style of playing as Coutinho. I'll see if I can find it. Give me a few mins.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/HS_Ftbol/status/988115868977594375

There ya go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Madrid are so blessed to win 2-1.

Will be tough to take losing to the preener Ronaldo and listening to all the fanboys if we meet them in the final, would much prefer play Bayern.

I want to play Real. Our front 3 would destroy their back 4. They are not very good defenders. When you turn them, or run at them like front 3 would I reckon it could turn out to be a thing of beauty. Ramos and Marcello would certainly be booked for their late challenges as Bobby and co skip past them on their merry way to taking on a keeper who could actually shíte himself if Salah bears down on him.
    Yeah.
    I want to play Real. If we get there of course, which we will. :)

P.s. Seeing Ronaldo cry and run off the pitch like a little girl will be nice aswell.

I don't ask for much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

One of the accounts I follow on Twitter noted quite rightly, that the age profiles of lot of the CL giants Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Juve suggest they are due rebuilds just as we're peaking. Assuming we can keep the players we want to keep and add more quality and depth we could have an interesting few years ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

One of the accounts I follow on Twitter noted quite rightly, that the age profiles of lot of the CL giants Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Juve suggest they are due rebuilds just as we're peaking. Assuming we can keep the players we want to keep and add more quality and depth we could have an interesting few years ahead.

Or be cleaned out by everyone else rebuilding

Or be cleaned out by everyone else rebuilding

This is more likely unfortunately. Unless the balance of power shifts and we become a destination rather than a layover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

martyos121 wrote: »
    This is more likely unfortunately. Unless the balance of power shifts and we become a destination rather than a layover.

One thing hopefully from this champions league run and the way this team has performed it will attract top players and young hungry players to come and play for us.

After years of this club sleeping it feels like this campaign has put us back on the world map and in peoples minds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I stood up at mass once when everyone else kneeled. :(

Your wedding?

Sad face is probably a little harsh :pac:

ballyargus wrote: »
    This is exactly what we want. On course to play Real in the CL final. We'll tear them a new one.

Would much rather play Bayern, would be very confident against them.

Madrid on the other hand have just so much experience, and a perfect blend of talent and cynicism. Think no team would mess with our rhythm like they could. And they have incredible ability going forward.

We may be a Travel Tavern do have a bigger plate these days :)

Screen-Shot-2012-05-03-at-20.32.321.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Saw a thread someone put together on Twitter a few days ago about him. He looks very good. Similar style of playing as Coutinho. I'll see if I can find it. Give me a few mins.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/HS_Ftbol/status/988115868977594375

There ya go.

Those clips with him on the ball remind me of Naby Keita, would ya believe. His passing anyway.

Knex. wrote: »
    Your wedding?

Sad face is probably a little harsh :pac:

I remain happily unmarried Knex. That’s probably down to watching too much football on the weekends though. :pac:

• Advertisement

I remain happily unmarried Knex. That’s probably down to watching too much football on the weekends though. :pac:

Sure. That must be it.

:p

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Sure. That must be it.

:p

The net spend of a “date” doesn’t appeal to me. No real return on investment unless you pull a Salah.

The net spend of a “date” doesn’t appeal to me. No real return on investment unless you pull a Salah.

And sure then you end up with beard rash.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    And sure then you end up with beard rash.

Whatever makes him happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

If we make the Final, I'd prefer to beat Real, but I'd prefer to lose to Bayern, if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Just wondering if any people are planning on going over to Liverpool for the weekend of the final? Kiev just seems too expensive so I guess the next best thing would to be in Liverpool (especially for the homecoming bus parade on the Sunday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fcuking Billy Big Balls Lovren is talking it up tonight saying the atmosphere in Rome won’t bother him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Just wondering if any people are planning on going over to Liverpool for the weekend of the final? Kiev just seems too expensive so I guess the next best thing would to be in Liverpool (especially for the homecoming bus parade on the Sunday)

A return flights are about €500. I'll stick with Murray's bar instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

MarkY91 wrote: »
    A return flights are about €500. I'll stick with Murray's bar instead.

Were 80 quid earlier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Fcuking Billy Big Balls Lovren is talking it up tonight saying the atmosphere in Rome won’t bother him.

In fairness, that lad can mess up anywhere so i believe him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement