Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Just wondering if any people are planning on going over to Liverpool for the weekend of the final? Kiev just seems too expensive so I guess the next best thing would to be in Liverpool (especially for the homecoming bus parade on the Sunday)

I'm wondering how many Utd Madrid fans have this bookmarked for later to laugh at if Liverpool lose the final and pretend that all Liverpool fans were sure we'd win.

Hopefully those bookmarks will all be unused though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

monkey9 wrote: »
    In fairness, that lad can mess up anywhere so i believe him.

He has Gerrard-itis when he makes a mistake and then tries to hard to make up for it to the detriment of the team and usually makes a few more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Just wondering if any people are planning on going over to Liverpool for the weekend of the final? Kiev just seems too expensive so I guess the next best thing would to be in Liverpool (especially for the homecoming bus parade on the Sunday)
    Hate seeing talk like this.

Makes me uneasy despite a 3 goal lead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, I'm sure Barca fans said the same. If we got a red card in the first 10 mins...

Bill Burr fans check this out from minute 28;20 on talking about the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I enjoyed the few delish pirouettes we saw the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Joyce is saying Ox avoided cruciate ligament damage. Should be back for pre season at the start of July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Knex. wrote: »
    Joyce is saying Ox avoided cruciate ligament damage. Should be back for pre season at the start of July.

Phew, sounds like medial or lateral then, which at worst are, like, 4 months I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Bill Burr fans check this out from minute 28;20 on talking about the game.

That is fooking painful!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Was always going to be my plan but struggling to make it work. There's some UFC event there that weekend and all the usual places I stay look booked out. If it were cheap enough I'd just book whatever but if it's going to cost a bit I'm going to wait until after the second leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

jasonb wrote: »
    If we make the Final, I'd prefer to beat Real, but I'd prefer to lose to Bayern, if that makes sense?

No one wants to lose against you know who so yeah that's understandable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I'm planning on cooking Chicken Kiev for dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'll be over for the UFC event so hoping it all works out and I get a pretty great experience over there. Accommodation is high because it's a bank holiday not because of 9000 people going to the UFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭doc_17

Is there any chance of Can playing again this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Bayern are just so slow in attack and Madrid can afford to sit back. I think Madrid will win it over the two legs and they're probably the team that would worry me more of these two. Their front line could destroy Liverpool's defence.

they are absolute pro's at what they do... they score and then get tight. Their players start going down and start rolling around when the opposition builds up a bit of pressure. They are very good at crowding around the ref also.

I think their defence is weak though but Modric and Kroos in midfield are top quality. They are very good at set pieces - Benzema, Ronaldo and Ramos - dangerous on corners.

Alas, i think they are through and i think we are through. Going to be a mental final. I just hope we do not get any more injuries as we are threadbare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

doc_17 wrote: »
    Is there any chance of Can playing again this season?

Physioroom gives a date of May 13th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

GBX wrote: »

Well that ****ing sucks. He had an excellent year, becoming increasingly key as the season wore on. He’s fully embraced what the manager is asking of the team and will be a key absence next week and - fingers crossed - the final.

I have no idea what Wenger was trying to do with him, but he’s looked a different player in a Liverpool shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

One of the accounts I follow on Twitter noted quite rightly, that the age profiles of lot of the CL giants Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Juve suggest they are due rebuilds just as we're peaking. Assuming we can keep the players we want to keep and add more quality and depth we could have an interesting few years ahead.
    There was an article that said Klopp and Edwards had a meeting with Coutinho in December to highlight this point to convince him to stay at Liverpool but he was adamant that he would be joining Barcelona in January. It also said that it was the influencing factor in persuading Klopp to sign Salah instead of persisting with younger alternatives who are still developing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If you are planning on doing it I would do it fast as hotels are hard to find as there is some UFC event and it is a Bank Holiday in the UK on the same weekend. I have flights and travel lodge booked

After seeing this I hope we rip Roma to shreds next week.

Yn6lT_5AuDc.jpg

Former Roma players apologise after making obsence gesture at Liverpool badge (Liverpool Echo)

• Advertisement

Two things from Tuesday that I very much enjoyed:

1) watching on BT, it showed the players lined up in the tunnel. When they initially cut to the teams Salah is not there. However, you can see the young mascot at the front who is looking past the camera start to jump up and down and cheer and it becomes clear that what he was excited about was Salah walking up to join the players. A very visceral adoring reaction from a young fan
    2) I watched the game in the Square Ball off Holles Street and there was a bench of lads of Middle Eastern / North African origin one of whom was wearing an Egyptian jersey. Every time the ball came to Salah right from the start of the match this table full of lads were excitedly shouting at the screen. And they lost their **** when he scored his goals in the first half. When the second went in I was jumping up and down hugging the lad in the Egypt jersey - they were there to watch a player, our player, not a team

I suppose the point of these random tidbits is that the significance of Salah's contribution and performance is only really dawning on me now right at the tail-end of the season. Right now he's playing as well as anyone in the world. Suarez gave us that in 2013 / 2014 and I knew what we had on our hands because I could see it right from when he joined us from Ajax that he was special. But Salah is eclipsing that season as the games get bigger. And he doesn't have any of the baggage that Suarez has; and he is an important player in a way Suarez isn't given where he hails from and his religious persuasion.

It's magnificent to see magic unfolding infront of our eyes.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    ........ and he is an important player in a way Suarez isn't given where he hails from and his religious persuasion. ............

Should and has absolutely nothing to do with it IMO :)
    Only utter mongs need a positive Muslim example to realise that all Muslims aren't extremists.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Talisman wrote: »

Yn6lT_5AuDc.jpg

Former Roma players apologise after making obsence gesture at Liverpool badge (Liverpool Echo)

People need to ease up in life on the offence taking, it was obviously a private hi jinks joke.

Augeo wrote: »
    Should and has absolutely nothing to do with it IMO :)
    Only utter mongs need a positive Muslim example to realise that all Muslims aren't extremists.

Look lad, I don't give a **** about people's religious persuasion or ethnicity, etc - but the reality of the world we live in is different. It makes Salah slightly more significant as a player, whatever the rights or wrongs of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I am just as nervous for the Stoke game on saturday than i was for Roma. Crucial we get the win and confirm champions league football for next season

Look lad, I don't give a **** about people's religious persuasion or ethnicity, etc - but the reality of the world we live in is different. It makes Salah slightly more significant as a player, whatever the rights or wrongs of that.

Last 4 PFA Players of the Year have been 4 different Muslim players. There's something in it!

Only downside is if we get to the CL Final it's during Ramadan so he'll be fasting :eek:

Ok, lad

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I am a member of LFC can someone explain where to get my pre sale code for the Napoli game?

Thanks!!

Vudgie wrote: »
    I am a member of LFC can someone explain where to get my pre sale code for the Napoli game?

Thanks!!

From Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Odds for the final have moved back to Real being slight favourites - really do not want to have face them.
    If there's one thing I really cannot abide, apart from adults that believe using a selfie stick is acceptable behaviour, is the chance of losing to a team with that Portuguese poser...

• Advertisement

Yn6lT_5AuDc.jpg

FFS they stuck the finger up at the club crest, big deal. It's not like they stuck a finger up at the Hillsborough Memorial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

From Three.

Yes but there's supposed to be a presale for LFC members but no sign of codes yet.

rob316 wrote: »
    FFS they stuck the finger up at the club crest, big deal. It's not like they stuck a finger up at the Hillsborough Memorial.
    Oh sure that makes it alright then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I still hope we rip them to shreds - not because of the picture above. That sh1te goes on everywhere. Will the players give a fúck about it? Not a hope. They have enough motivation without seeing that.
    Have I stuck my fingers up in relation to opposing teams yeah. Life goes on. As said, if it was at the Hillsborough Memorial that would be a whole other thing.

Seriously your offended by that? It's a bit of childish fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I just assumed it was a joke. Nothing in it at all tbh.

They lost a European Cup Final to Liverpool and here they're taking the piss a bit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Those guys got beaten by Liverpool in a European cup final. If they want to stick their fingers up at the club crest I say let them at it if it eases their lifelong pain.

spockety wrote: »
    Those guys got beaten by Liverpool in a European cup final. If they want to stick their fingers up at the club crest I say let them at it if it eases their lifelong pain.

Saw that picture on twitter before the game.

It's clearly just a joke.

People get offended by the simplest things.

Don't forget Italians don't use two finger signal the same way as us as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes but there's supposed to be a presale for LFC members but no sign of codes yet.

Yes presale to FAI and LFC started at 1030 (3 mins ago). If anybody has the link could they PM to me. I have the one that starts at 3.30 this afternoon but I really want good seats this time and fear they will be gone by 3.30.

• Advertisement

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Yes presale to FAI and LFC started at 1030 (3 mins ago). If anybody has the link could they PM to me. I have the one that starts at 3.30 this afternoon but I really want good seats this time and fear they will be gone by 3.30.

Ok, I'm an LFC member but never got an email from them with a link.

Think a mate has got me tickets anyhow. Not too worried about friendlies though, just an excuse for pints!

There is a gofund me page set up for that poor man who got attacked.

https://www.gofundme.com/sean-cox-medical-fund

Very very close to the target now.

Fierce heartwarming to see donations coming from Scandinavia, Italy and Africa.

Very very close to the target now.

Fierce heartwarming to see donations coming from Scandinavia, Italy and Africa.

Roma should be footing the bill in my view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

They lost a European Cup Final to Liverpool and here they're taking the piss a bit.

I'd prefer to see that than what the poor fecker who captained them in '84 did to himself.

So will Clyne go back in as right back and TAA into midfield as some on here said that is his actual real position to cover the lack of midfielders in the coming games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Presale for Napoli sold out. I managed to bag 3 tickets. €36 is good value to see the European champions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

They could have showed a bit more class. Just makes them look like bitter w***ers. I'd be a bit disgusted to see Rush or Dalglish make a similar gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Antonio Conte looking very rough in that picture!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Brego888 wrote: »
    Presale for Napoli sold out. I managed to bag 3 tickets. €36 is good value to see the European champions.

Don't do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

8-10 wrote: »
    Only downside is if we get to the CL Final it's during Ramadan so he'll be fasting :eek:

That actually is quite worrying but I'm hopeful that the sports science team can build up a nutrition plan for this time. No eating between sunrise and sunset isn't it? Overload during the night time possibly in the time leading up to the final so that his body adjusts to the difference?

Maybe he will eat I dunno if there is special exceptions (?) allowed to be made.

Kolo played games for us before during Ramadan iirc

edit: it actually affects a number of our players - Salah, Mane, Can that I know of.

So will Clyne go back in as right back and TAA into midfield as some on here said that is his actual real position to cover the lack of midfielders in the coming games.

No, he won't I think. Klopp tends to give players a position for the season - hence why Milner played all games last season at LB and never in midfield and this season has always been in midfield and not anywhere else.

8-10 wrote: »
    Last 4 PFA Players of the Year have been 4 different Muslim players. There's something in it!

Saw a programme about that before.

An awful lot of players ignore it and maintain their normal diets.

Also, it means they don't eat during daylight hours, not starve themselves altogether.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement