Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

murpho999 wrote: »
    Saw a programme about that before.

An awful lot of players ignore it and maintain their normal diets.

Also, it means they don't eat during daylight hours, not starve themselves altogether.

Don't they get a pass from Allah or something if they have specific dietary requirements as part of their job? I think I read that workers in heavy industry for example are not expected to fast otherwise there would be a serious risk to their health. Similarly people with certain medical conditions aren't expected to fast. Not sure whether you're issued with a "Get out of Ramadan free" card and where to apply but I'd be happy to make initial enquiries on behalf of Mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

shaunr68 wrote: »
    Don't they get a pass from Allah or something if they have specific dietary requirements as part of their job? I think I read that workers in heavy industry for example are not expected to fast otherwise there would be a serious risk to their health. Similarly people with certain medical conditions aren't expected to fast. Not sure whether you're issued with a "Get out of Ramadan free" card and where to apply but I'd be happy to make initial enquiries on behalf of Mo.

There are loads of exceptions. Shift workers, pilots etc.

Despite what many feel not all muslims are as religious are as strict as many think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It's not just Salah, we have a few Muslim players! Have to look into it for all players.

There was a prayer room build in Melwood just for Mane when we signed him iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

There are loads of exceptions. Shift workers, pilots etc.
    A rare case of religion yielding to logic and common sense. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Out of curiosity I just checked what time is sun set in Kiev on the 26th - it's 20:53 but kick-off is at 19:45 our time and they are 2hrs ahead, so kick-off is at 21:45 local time, so Mo and Sadio will have time for a quick snack without worrying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

shaunr68 wrote: »
    A rare case of religion yielding to logic and common sense. :D

Sure you can get gluten free body of christ now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Read earlier that the club don't think Ox did his ACL and are hopeful he'll be back in time for the start of next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

OwaynOTT wrote: »

I was at a wedding two weeks ago and nearly fell out of the seat when I heard the Priest mention that before communion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

x43r0 wrote: »
    I was at a wedding two weeks ago and nearly fell out of the seat when I heard the Priest mention that before communion

It's pretty suspicious in a religion that believes in transubstantiation :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

What a time to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Suitable for vegans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

rob316 wrote: »
    Seriously your offended by that? It's a bit of childish fun
    It's not a case of being easily offended - it's a show of a lack of respect. I wouldn't expect to find ambassadors for Liverpool FC engaging in such embarrassing behaviour.

The day before the AS Roma club captain laid a wreath on behalf of the club at the Hillsborough memorial, that showed a touch of class.

Bruno Conti is employed by AS Roma as their Youth Director, as such he should be above such childish behaviour or is that too much to expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

x43r0 wrote:

There was no need to rush like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Talisman wrote: »
    It's not a case of being easily offended - it's a show of a lack of respect. I wouldn't expect to find ambassadors for Liverpool FC engaging in such embarrassing behaviour.

The day before the AS Roma club captain laid a wreath on behalf of the club at the Hillsborough memorial, that showed a touch of class.

Bruno Conti is employed by AS Roma as their Youth Director, as such he should be above such childish behaviour or is that too much to expect?

They were having a laugh, calm down ffs. And it wasn't meant for public consumption.

The world is gone to the dogs. I found it quite humorous tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I just checked what time is sun set in Kiev on the 26th - it's 20:53 but kick-off is at 19:45 our time and they are 2hrs ahead, so kick-off is at 21:45 local time, so Mo and Sadio will have time for a quick snack without worrying...

I've had a great laugh off this, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Yes but there's supposed to be a presale for LFC members but no sign of codes yet.

Have to use ticketmaster.ie/liverpoolfc not the main site
    Code is LFCDUB

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

kfallon wrote: »
    They were having a laugh, calm down ffs. And it wasn't meant for public consumption.

The world is gone to the dogs. I found it quite humorous tbh

Anyone getting offended, or even slightly annoyed is over reacting entirely in my view.

At worst it is childish, that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Code is LFCDUB

This linky no worky for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

brevity wrote: »
    What a time to be alive.

Bit harsh on the lad who died for your sins, you little bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

5starpool wrote: »
    Anyone getting offended, or even slightly annoyed is over reacting entirely in my view.

At worst it is childish, that's it.

Dead right.

I actually thought it was a little bit funny; especially as we went out and bummed his team in front of 50k people afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Leslie91 wrote: »
    This linky no worky for me.

www.ticketmaster.ie/liverpoolfc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Code is LFCDUB

Yes I know but never got any notification from Liverpool about it with the code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Mane seen limping into the spire hospital yesterday,
    Our season will be undone with injuries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hopefully he was just donating sperm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Knex. wrote: »
    Bit harsh on the lad who died for your sins, you little bollocks.

No need crucify us!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Come on guys don't be taking Fowler's name in vein

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/277738-sadio-mane-sustains-hamstring-injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Augeo wrote: »
    Should and has absolutely nothing to do with it IMO :)
    Only utter mongs need a positive Muslim example to realise that all Muslims aren't extremists.

Whats an utter mong?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Speak Now wrote: »
    Whats an utter mong?

An absolutely horrendous insult that for some reason is creeping in to casual vernacular.

• Advertisement

Whats an utter mong?

Mongoloid idiot was the official term for Down Syndrome sufferers back in the day before we got all PC.

Shortened to mong!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    An absolutely horrendous insult that for some reason is creeping in to casual vernacular.

In fairness im not sure he meant it in context, or even knew the meaning!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ardinn wrote: »
    In fairness im not sure he meant it in context, or even knew the meaning!

I'm sure he doesn't realise the meaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Code is LFCDUB

Thanks for the link and code , got my tickets ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Could he have been visiting OX ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Whats an utter mong?

Mongoloid idiot was the official term for Down Syndrome sufferers back in the day before we got all PC.

Shortened to mong!
    Mongloid, as a synonym for Down's Syndrome, was dropped decades ago. Language constantly evolves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Anyone got a link to the three presale tiketmaster page? I have a code but no link.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to the three presale tiketmaster page? I have a code but no link.

https://plus.three.ie/#/offers/2172?category=music

FUUUUCK you got me there ,nearly had a heat attack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

GBX wrote: »

It's the ticketmaster link I'm after. I don't have a Three login. Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Two things from Tuesday that I very much enjoyed:

1) watching on BT, it showed the players lined up in the tunnel. When they initially cut to the teams Salah is not there. However, you can see the young mascot at the front who is looking past the camera start to jump up and down and cheer and it becomes clear that what he was excited about was Salah walking up to join the players. A very visceral adoring reaction from a young fan

Ive noticed from the Inside Anfield videos posted here that Salah is last out on the pitch for the warm-ups and the game itself. Could be a superstition of his or something as he seems to do it every time.

Is no one worried about this Mane hospital trip ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Not trying to side-track the thread but people with DS don't 'suffer' from Down Syndrome. It's a genetic disorder, not a disease.

Shortened to mong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

St Peter's Dunboyne GAA shirt to be hung up in the dressing room at Anfield as a gesture for Sean Cox. Fair play, classy from the club.

http://www.the42.ie/liverpool-sean-c...80013-Apr2018/

Whats an utter mong?

I used it as a general slang term for idiot, considered derogatory ..........those who need a positive example of a Muslim to realise they are not all extremists.

No sign of Mane from pics of training today , looks like some truth behind the hospital visit pictures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

GBX wrote: »

Was at the game Tuesday night Henderson calls the tune no doubt about that 3/4 times absolutely ripped in To Liverpool playersoff the ball was like a man possessed

Was at the game Tuesday night Henderson calls the tune no doubt about that 3/4 times absolutely ripped in To Liverpool playersoff the ball was like a man possessed

Yup, he's been great lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No sign of Mane from pics of training today , looks like some truth behind the hospital visit pictures

Really bad news if he is out. Ox would have been the obvious replacement for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement