Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

not yet wrote: »
    Yeah, Maybe with Sligo rovers..

they wouldn't take him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ebbsy wrote: »
    they wouldn't take him.

he's got mad skills though

6409e14c20a09683f038e379aa8f45bd.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    We'll be hanging the Jersey of Sean Cox's local GAA team in the dressing room against Roma. Class.

Against Stoke tomorrow apparently rather than Roma

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Surely time to give Woodburn a run out and rest Milner or Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

just to say I'm fúcking loving that our games are meaning something this late in the season. and not just top 4 stuff. as in, we're competing at the top table for the biggest prize.

i shít myself during every game, but i absolute love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

SlickRic wrote:
    i shmyself during every game, but i absolute love it.

I worry more about injuries now than conceding. Last September I'd have never said defending wasn't my no.1 concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Klopp's statement on Gerrard is hilarious.
    If he wants to do something different – a really big if – we would be completely happy for him and support him. As long as he’s not the Everton or Manchester United manager, we would still help him if he has questions! There’s absolutely no doubt about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Whats the crack with Can did Jurgen mention him in todays presser ?
    Surely he'd be itching to get back in to the side

Lucas Leiva has organised the training base in Rome. I miss having him at the club.

Liverpool to use Lazio training ground for Roma match thanks to 'intermediary' Lucas Leiva (Sky Sports)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hopefully Can can be still be persuaded to stay.

I have no issue with him at all always gave 100% on the pitch & is a very good player. Remember all the rumours about Clyne. Can has a back injury all the rest is just rumours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

MD1990 wrote: »
    Hopefully Can can be still be persuaded to stay.

I have no issue with him at all always gave 100% on the pitch & is a very good player. Remember all the rumours about Clyne. Can has a back injury all the rest is just rumours.
    Is there any word on a return date ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Talisman wrote: »
    Lucas Leiva has organised the training base in Rome. I miss having him at the club.

Liverpool to use Lazio training ground for Roma match thanks to 'intermediary' Lucas Leiva (Sky Sports)

Unlike those clubs in Manchester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm sure Lazio are happy to aid Liverpool - my enemies enemy is my friend and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Top class from Klopp at the press conference today.

Here's the press conference for those that haven't seen it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I seen online that if we win the champions league, coutinho will get a winners medal too.

Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I seen online that if we win the champions league, coutinho will get a winners medal too.

Wow.
    What’s wrong with that? He played games and helped us get out of the group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Wow.

It might leave a bitter taste for some people, but thems the rules

paulie21 wrote: »
    What’s wrong with that? He played games and helped us get out of the group

Just surprised. I never thought of it until I seen it online.

Sorry if it's not obvious to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Conor Masterson should get one as well It would great to see an Irish guy get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Wow.

No. The club will be given a certain amount of medals. I think it's 40. I think they can request more. It is up to the club who gets those medals. To be honest if give him the medal as he played in the group stage. But really I hope it would sicken him that he could have been part of it all. We are probably a better all round team without him though. Our midfield isn't as gung-ho and leaving our defence isolated as it use to. Although a lot of that is vvd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Love Klopp's comments about the Ox - heaps so much praise on him, talks about how unfair the injury is and then finishes by saying 'we will wait for him like a good wife when a man is in prison'!! Classic Klopp

Conor Masterson should get one as well It would great to see an Irish guy get one.

Every single player who played any European game time this season will and rightfully should get one. Then the coaching staff who helped. They shouldn't give the medals to players who haven't played.

Mr.H wrote: »
    No. The club will be given a certain amount of medals. I think it's 40. I think they can request more. It is up to the club who gets those medals. To be honest if give him the medal as he played in the group stage. But really I hope it would sicken him that he could have been part of it all. We are probably a better all round team without him though. Our midfield isn't as gung-ho and leaving our defence isolated as it use to. Although a lot of that is vvd

Yeah we certainly didn't miss him.

He would probably be offered the medal but it would be ridiculous of him to accept it. He's a Barcelona player. I personally wouldnt take it if in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Mr.H wrote: »
    Every single player who played any European game time this season will and rightfully should get one. Then the coaching staff who helped. They shouldn't give the medals to players who haven't played.

The winning team gets 40 medals and it's up to the team to decide who gets what and apparently Uefa do not have any input.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If we won it, I'd want him to get a medal. For one, he helped. And secondly, it's even more of a slap in the face than not giving it to him. The irony would be too much :pac:

Wow.

The club gets a certain amount of winners medals, up to them who they give them out to for those not in the final squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wow.

As he should, and likewise Liverpool will get a La Liga winners medal :p

I hope if Big Ears is won, LFC send a picture of them with the trophy to Coutinho's social media accounts.

I hope if Big Ears is won, LFC send a picture of them with the trophy to Coutinho's social media accounts.

I doubt official Liverpool accounts would do that but fans will

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't really care if you are serious, but I'm glad the Liverpool official twitter account doesn't do 'banter' type things that some clubs accounts do.

• Advertisement

Isn't it great to be even having a discussion about how coutinho might regret leaving in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Grayditch wrote: »
    If we won it, I'd want him to get a medal. For one, he helped. And secondly, it's even more of a slap in the face than not giving it to him. The irony would be too much :pac:
    The club gets a certain amount of winners medals, up to them who they give them out to for those not in the final squad

And I know the easy thing to say is 'f**k it, he left us, he doesn't deserve it'

But to be honest, he helped contribute in this CL campaign and played 6 matches in the group stage (Qualifiers aside which was a read d**khead move alright).

I think if we do win, we should give the medal to him as 1) he helped contribute so deserves one - whether he will accept it or not is another thing but also 2) it will look good on the club and prospective players who want to join us. Gives off the family mentality and that the players get along etc and promotes a healthy atmosphere within the club. We look after our own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Did he come on as a sub or something?

I can't remember him playing in any of the UCL games

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

x43r0 wrote: »

He made the bench but didn't get on.

x43r0 wrote:

He was named as a sub in the Porto game iirc. But he didn't play

On the bench for the 3- 0 City game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Klopp was wearing a tri-color liverbird at today’s press conference which was a lovely touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If Can sticks around and Klopp is ok with it, so am I.

He's the one on the ground has first hand experience of Can's level of professionalism throughout.

It'd be a great help to get him back before the end of the season. You'd wonder if we had better options off the bench, might we have maintained a bit more energy and composure and saw the game out against Roma more comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Forty medals mean that players who didn't play will get a medal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

GBX wrote: »
    It might leave a bitter taste for some people, but thems the rules

I've no bitterness towards him at all tbh. He was a bright spot in our squad for a long time, and we wouldn't even be in the CL this year without him.

I wish him well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Forty medals mean that players who didn't play will get a medal

Think that includes medals for Klopp & the coaches so maybe not

Gbear wrote:
    If Can sticks around and Klopp is ok with it, so am I.

Can is a playwright I don't mind what happens. If he stays then it's a very good player who might one day be a brilliant player at the club. It also helps with less changes to ur playing staff so there will be less players having to adjust.

On the other hand of he leaves he isn't irreplaceable. We have players good enough to fill a void but we would obviously need to bring in another midfielder along with keita

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Knex. wrote: »
    I've no bitterness towards him at all tbh. He was a bright spot in our squad for a long time, and we wouldn't even be in the CL this year without him.

I wish him well.

That's it. Its easy to get annoyed/bitter when a player of his stature moves on. But he did so much for the club its also easy for some people to forget how good he was for us.

This is the official Liverpool squad for the Champion League this year that the club named to UEFA for the knockout stages.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2018/clubs/club=7889/squad/

Each of them will get a medal even if they don't get game time I would imagine if we go on to win it.

Two Irish named Caoimhin Kelleher & Conor Masterson.

Players not named include the girlfriend beater, Sturridge, Coutinho, Origi, Kent, Wilson, Ojo, Ejaria, Brannagan & Grujic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

How about we win the cup then start handing out medals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Coutinho tried to jeopardise our chances of even being in the CL by faking an injury to skip out on the qualifiers vs Hoffenheim, I'm not too high on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Wow.

As he should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pie in the sky time. Jerome Boateng is considering his future at Bayern, saying the below.
    I've experienced everything at FC Bayern, and I am slowly coming to a point where I must answer myself certain questions,What are the goals I have not reached yet? Do I, time and time again, want to prove myself at the same club with the same pre-conditions?

https://www.90min.com/posts/6043599-bayern-defender-admits-he-s-considering-his-future-after-experiencing-everything-in-munich/partners/35077

He's a player you'd expect at the likes of Madrid, Juve or City, but if he wants a different sort of challenge maybe Klopp could have a word...

Knex. wrote:
    He's a player you'd expect at the likes of Madrid, Juve or City, but if he wants a different sort of challenge maybe Klopp could have a word...

Also another player with something to prove in the premier league. Beside vvd would be amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

He failed at city once already didn't he?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement