Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He failed at city once already didn't he?

Thats like 6 years ago he was 22/23. Matured into a fine defender. Contract till 2021 he wouldn't come cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wouldn't go near Boateng.

Great player but not durable enough. He would be injured constantly especially with the fitness required for our style of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Like Salah and KDB failed at Chelsea, and Pogba and Pique failed at United.

Young player not given a chance does not mean failed, must have been one of the most infuriatingly ignorant lines used about Salah when we signed him

Boateng is the type of signing I'd love to see, proven class, a known quantity of definite improvement.

We could go into next season with our current CBs and it wouldn't be a disaster, but if someone like Boateng becomes available I'd hope we'd enter the conversation. Would be an unreal CB pairing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Morzadec wrote:
    Young player not given a chance does not mean failed, must have been one of the most infuriatingly ignorant lines used about Salah when we signed him

Chelsea you mean for Salah. But yea your right. He wasn't given a chance. Young players generally don't under Jose. Rashford would have gotten way more game time under another manager.

It would be a Dream line up if we had him brough him in to partner van djik

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »
    Chelsea you mean for Salah. But yea your right. He wasn't given a chance. Young players generally don't under Jose. Rashford would have gotten way more game time under another manager.

It would be a Dream line up if we had him brough him in to partner van djik

Sorry yeah meant Chelsea for both Salah and KDB, not City of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

rob316 wrote: »
    Thats like 6 years ago he was 22/23. Matured into a fine defender. Contract till 2021 he wouldn't come cheap.

He was also being played predominantly at fullback.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'd rather go for the Brazillian centre half that Bayern have...can't remember his name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'd rather go for the Brazillian centre half that Bayern have...can't remember his name.

Rafinha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I don't think Bayern have had a Brazilian centre half since Dante, and he left in 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Jose saying it was not his choice to get rid of another starlet

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43918928

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I don't think Bayern have had a Brazilian centre half since Dante, and he left in 2015.
    I think that's who I'm thinking of, big haired fellow?

Where did he go to, how am I so behind the times. I think I was talking to a mate of mine about him at Bayern last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I think that's who I'm thinking of, big haired fellow?

Where did he go to, how am I so behind the times. I think I was talking to a mate of mine about him at Bayern last season.

Yeah just looked him up, he's been at Nice for the last 2 seasons. He's also 34 now.

Well then, let's not try sign him :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Knex. wrote: »
    Pie in the sky time. Jerome Boateng is considering his future at Bayern, saying the below.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6043599-bayern-defender-admits-he-s-considering-his-future-after-experiencing-everything-in-munich/partners/35077

He's a player you'd expect at the likes of Madrid, Juve or City, but if he wants a different sort of challenge maybe Klopp could have a word...
    Don't get too excited - he turned down Chelsea last summer because he was trying to get a move to Real Madrid. Bayern losing to Real in the Champions League tie was just the perfect opportunity to put it out there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Jose saying it was not his choice to get rid of another starlet

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43918928
    The Liverpool Echo has a story that dovetails nicely with that.

Jose Mourinho rewriting history over Mohamed Salah after dismissing Liverpool man three years ago

Article with quotes from Mourinho on 20 July 2015:
    "I see his future elsewhere," said Mourinho. "Either on loan or sold with an offer we are happy to accept. We have five wingers and it is better not to have Salah back."

As always Mourinho is blameless. :)

Talisman wrote: »

Jose Mourinho rewriting history over Mohamed Salah after dismissing Liverpool man three years ago

He's a spoofer of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Agreed.
    Probably one guy Dunphy wouldn't call a spoofer as well :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Takes full responsibility for signing Salah and none of the responsibility for selling him. It's probably the reason why he leaves clubs every few years - because others at his club are wrong. It must be so annoying for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I reckon in a few years he’ll be talking about how he didn’t buy Pogba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

RoboKlopp wrote: »

The thing is that he believes it. His ego is so big that he has convinced himself of an alternative truth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

The thing is that he believes it. His ego is so big that he has convinced himself of an alternative truth

So does that make him the Delusional One now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Talisman wrote: »

Clubman Jose clearly meant Chelsea as an entity when he said "we". Because we all know Jose is a long term company man that toes the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

As he should, and likewise Liverpool will get a La Liga winners medal :p

I hope if Big Ears is won, LFC send a picture of them with the trophy to Coutinho's social media accounts.

I certainly will be doing that anyway. Hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

So, who should get medals in the thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Moreno seems very popular

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Karius Gomez klavan vvd moreno hendo wij taa salah fitmino ings tomorrow supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Karius Gomez klavan vvd moreno hendo wij taa salah fitmino ings tomorrow supposedly.

Fitmino, I like it, nice pun.

TAA in midfield interesting.

Shame Moreno is playing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Not sure its been mentioned on here or not , but apparently sky one is showing tommorows match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

To be fair, you'd be pretty quick getting to the 40 medals allowed just by going through the full squad and then Klopp's coaching team. I wouldn't throw a fit if Coutinho got one - he was a key part of getting us into the competition in the first place last season and even though he wanted away to his dream club, there were no hissy fits and he played his best up until Barca finally came for him...

Saw this over on reddit
    At the young age of 19, Trent Alexander Arnold (11) has played more games in the Champions League than Everton (10). He's going to love that

:pac:

Saw this over on reddit

:pac:

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »

You gave us the joke list joke so you’ll get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Turtyturd wrote: »

There’s another poster here who should get Daniel’s medal for being the president of his fan club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I reckon in a few years he’ll be talking about how he didn’t buy Pogba.

Yeah, but the difference is he's sh1te.

• Advertisement

Every time he breaks something and goes on pain meds Liverpool go on a winning spree, so there's that as well.

Ultimate teammate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Dbk1-GOXUAAy3wb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Fitmino, I like it, nice pun.

TAA in midfield interesting.

Shame Moreno is playing!

The guy who has this on Twitter says it's 3 at the back & Trent Moreno as wing backs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

3-4-3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Moreno. It's like we are determined to throw away the top four place.

• Advertisement

I just cant trust Moreno. Still, Id rather him play v Stoke than v Roma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Every time he breaks something and goes on pain meds Liverpool go on a winning spree, so there's that as well.

Ultimate teammate.

If we make it to the final we should call round to his house and rough him up a bit. Break something small...a finger or toe maybe.

Have accom for kiev sorted for free boom , brothers sister in law is from ukraine , anybody ever been to chernihiv ? Apparently close to kiev but cant find it on google maps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

According to Maps it’s 140km NNE of Kiev, it says approx. 1 hour 30 mins drive. It’s NE of the lake that’s N of Kiev.

Ahh fook 140km

Not sure now lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Ahh fook 140km

Not sure now lol

I’m guessing for a country the size of Ukraine, 140km is ‘close’! :)

jasonb wrote: »
    I’m guessing for a country the size of Ukraine, 140km is ‘close’! :)

140km is 140km lol

Don’t wanna be travelling that while tanked up , having said that i’d be travelling alot to get there whats 140km more hmmmmmm

Might have space for a few more if anybody stuck ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

140km is 140km lol

Don’t wanna be travelling that while tanked up , having said that i’d be travelling alot to get there whats 140km more hmmmmmm

Might have space for a few more if anybody stuck ?

Arah stop talking about this. There’s a second leg to be played ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

This is the official Liverpool squad for the Champion League this year that the club named to UEFA for the knockout stages.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2018/clubs/club=7889/squad/

Each of them will get a medal even if they don't get game time I would imagine if we go on to win it.

Two Irish named Caoimhin Kelleher & Conor Masterson.

Players not named include the girlfriend beater, Sturridge, Coutinho, Origi, Kent, Wilson, Ojo, Ejaria, Brannagan & Grujic.
    Girlfriend beater?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement