Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Girlfriend beater?

Jon Flanagan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Jon Flanagan

:O forgot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Any chance you lads talking about Kiev could do one for a few days please.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

In "Chernihiv" we won it six times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Liverpool hope to hand Ragnar Klavan contract extension (Liverpool Echo)

Klavan has done okay as a backup, I'll get worried if they say Moreno is also getting a contract extension. His current contract expires in 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

ThumbTaxed wrote: »
    Anyone still going to the game next week? I am but a bit anxious now

I don't blame you. Are you in the away or home end

Home fans. Half way line at the very back. 140e tickets so I am hoping it is the quiet area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Talisman wrote: »
    Liverpool hope to hand Ragnar Klavan contract extension (Liverpool Echo)

Klavan has done okay as a backup, I'll get worried if they say Moreno is also getting a contract extension. His current contract expires in 2019.
    Might as well offer Moreno a new contract....still young and could sell him for a decent price I reckon.

gafferino wrote: »
    Arah stop talking about this. There’s a second leg to be played ffs.

Well said. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

good to see TAA get a go in the middle if that line up is accurate, excited to see how he gets on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    Every time he breaks something and goes on pain meds Liverpool go on a winning spree, so there's that as well.

Ultimate teammate.

ive been fine recently though, so maybe the team is just good now and doesn't need my pain. Please tell kerrigooney not to come around and poke me in my eye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    ive been fine recently though, so maybe the team is just good now and doesn't need my pain. Please tell kerrigooney not to come around and poke me in my eye!

giphy.webp

Might as well offer Moreno a new contract....still young and could sell him for a decent price I reckon.
    No need to take a risk by extending his contract - if nobody wants him then the club are stuck with him in the squad. Before the transfer fees went crazy last summer, Napoli offered £11M and Watford were willing to pay £15M for him in August. Sevilla are probably the only club that will coax being a decent player out of him but they are more likely to wait until his contract expires, last summer they were only willing to take him on loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Talisman wrote:

To be honest if let him go and give Gomez his spot on the squad as center back. Clyne and Trent are enough for right back.

Gomez Lovren and Matip fighting it out to be back up to vvd and another. That would be my hope.

Left back we have Robertson who is class but we need another to rotate or just to rest him. I'd be looking at the fulham young lad. Or maybe Shaw? Looks like he isn't wanted at United so maybe?

But yea I'd move on Moreno and klavan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I'd personally like Chilwell at Leicester to challenge Robertson. Anytime I've watched him I've been impressed. Will be difficult to get though.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Pool v Stoke on sky one today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Is salah going to play lads im working on my fantasy team captain or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Zico ! wrote: »
    Is salah going to play lads im working on my fantasy team captain or not?

ye he will start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/990013413597372416?s=19

Lallana could be back for Brighton says he's not injured anymore but is not fit, very vague on Can just says he's a little bit further away than Lallana & is less likely to play again this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mr.H wrote: »
    Left back we have Robertson who is class but we need another to rotate or just to rest him. I'd be looking at the fulham young lad. Or maybe Shaw? Looks like he isn't wanted at United so maybe?

Sessegnon would cost 30-40m, he'll set a record for a Championship club if Fulham do not go up which is a lot of money for a rotation left back/left winger. Chilwell as mentioned just above or Kieran Tierney from Celtic would make more sense. Time to buy another Scot :)

In other news Sebastian Coates is targeted to replace De Vrij so could be alongside Lurid Albert and Lucky Leaves at Lazio. So we may have to adopt them or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Robertson has been some bonus this year. We have gone from having the worst lb in the league to arguably the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

robwen wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/990013413597372416?s=19

Lallana could be back for Brighton says he's not injured anymore but is not fit, very vague on Can just says he's a little bit further away than Lallana & is less likely to play again this season

That's big news, badly needed even though can might be more important, I would like it if milner didn't start the second leg but I don't think that will be possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Given the hangover I'm undergoing, would really appreciate us being eleventy-nil up by half time so I can just slide into coma for the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'd personally like Chilwell at Leicester to challenge Robertson. Anytime I've watched him I've been impressed. Will be difficult to get though.

I would keep Moreno until the end of his contract.

Adam Lewis a young LB looks a good prospect when I saw him earlier in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Team sheet is right from the predictions earlier
    https://twitter.com/LFC/status/990176057620824064?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Trent in midfield most likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

3-4-3

Karius,
    Gomez, Klavan, Van Dijk,
    TAA----Henderson-Wijnaldum--Moreno,
    ---Salah
    Firmino
    Ings

Subs: Mignolet, Lovren, Robertson, Clyne, Milner, Woodburn, Solanke

I'd go with 3-4-1-2 myself, Firmino as the No 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Good team I think.

Important to have Milner rested with the ground he covers in games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

jesus thought that was Moreno talking with an English accent, it's the Stoke goalie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Exciting to see how the lads get on with this team. A punt on Moreno to grab a goal mightnt go amiss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

As long as Moreno isn't defensive I'm ok with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

gimli2112 wrote: »
    jesus thought that was Moreno talking with an English accent, it's the Stoke goalie.

The segway was missing but yeah, I see the similarity with butland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

https://twitter.com/James_Carroll84/status/990180186007265281?s=19

The jersey of St. Peter's GAA, Dunboyne hangs in the #LFC dressing room today in support of Sean Cox.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsStatto/status/990160673048006657?s=19

Vaguely remember watching this as a chap on sports stadium

Mr.H wrote: »
    To be honest if let him go and give Gomez his spot on the squad as center back. Clyne and Trent are enough for right back.

Gomez Lovren and Matip fighting it out to be back up to vvd and another. That would be my hope.

Two years ago Klopp tried to sign Charlie Taylor, Ben Chilwell and Andy Robertson. We ended up with Milner at left back.

Last summer we signed Robertson and tried to get Ryan Sessegnon but he apparently wanted to stay in London.

Another left back is needed and possibly a right back too. Liverpool were reported to have enquired about Atletico's Sime Vrsaljko in December. He's a right back but has filled in at left back on occasion - he's also a friend of Dejan Lovren.

I've said before that I think Stoke's Erik Pieters would be a good experienced backup player to have for Robertson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Nice touch in the Liverpool dressing room today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Need the 3 points today and a good win would set us up nicely for Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm sick of early kick-offs, we just never win them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

corwill wrote: »
    Given the hangover I'm undergoing, would really appreciate us being eleventy-nil up by half time so I can just slide into coma for the second half.

The flip side is you won't sweat the drink out of ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Stoke fans singing sign on lol

Klppp doing his 1000 yard stare again

Good thing that was a bad corner because Trent was marking Crouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

kopite386 wrote: »
    Team sheet is right from the predictions earlier
    https://twitter.com/LFC/status/990176057620824064?s=19

Eh, yeah, or exactly identical to someone's post from yesterday afternoon - is there a mole in Melwood?

Anyway, looking forward to see how TAA gets on in midfield - could be an option for next season if Gomez and Clyne are fully fit and on form...

Blatant penalty, he just fcuking reaches and pulls him.

Defender grabbed at him there. Lucky.

• Advertisement

Oh my God :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Salah’s finished. Lost his touch.

Blaming the Sky commentator on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Salah's form gone.

Mourinho was right.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement