Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Are they playing a strong team?

Manolas, Strootman and Florenzi all rested, a few big players have started like Dzeko and Nainngolan.

2-0 up at HT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

martyos121 wrote: »
    Manolas, Strootman and Florenzi all rested, a few big players have started like Dzeko and Nainngolan.

2-0 up at HT.
    Strootman is injured - he picked up a few bruised ribs in the game on Tuesday. He's expected to be out for a couple of weeks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Jesus sees red but they go on and go 4-0 up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Oh well, Swansea couldn't push on and it ended 0-1. Still in our hands...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Avoid defeat next weekend and it's all sorted. If not we have to beat Brighton...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Going to the Brighton game so kind of hoping there is something play for in the game and we get a goal fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Going to the Brighton game so kind of hoping there is something play for in the game and we get a goal fest.

Very selfish, I think we'd all just rather guaranteed top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Chelsea have to come at us next week as they have to win so that sort of suits us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I now have strong visions of 5th and blowing the CL final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I think we will score first on Wednesday and they will lose their ****.

It's not like Roma can sit back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I now have strong visions of 5th and blowing the CL final.

Ah, the neutrals wet dream. Or does Ronaldo have to get the winner, too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Very selfish, I think we'd all just rather guaranteed top 4.

You'll really whinge about anything he says won't you :p

TAA suffered a dead leg, Gomez twisted his ankle and Henderson turned his ankle today.

Mane will be fine for Roma.

TAA suffered a dead leg, Gomez twisted his ankle and Henderson turned his ankle today.

Just wondering what midfield bench options Klopp will bring on Wednesday...
    Presumably Woodburn travels but if Klopp needs to sub in the midfield would his first option be to shift Bobby back and put Solanke or Ings up front or risk Woodburn? Gini was the only midfield option on the bench on Tuesday and he's gonna have to start, so fingers crossed Hendo is fine and they can all last the 90 if needed...

HT at the Stadio Olimpico

2Fxrm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

murpho999 wrote: »
    Ah come on. Regardless of what happens between Southampton v Bournemouth, Liverpool are more than capable of beating Brighton at home.

Also, I think Chelsea will drop points before the end of the season.

Everything is fine.

Yeah, although it's disappointing to have let Chelsea back into the race slightly by dropping four points to WBA and Stoke, i'm really not worried at all. I fully expect us to be playing Champions League football again next season, one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

You'll really whinge about anything he says won't you :p

Let's hope Chelsea beat us next week then, so he can have a fun day out against Brighton.

I'd need about 22k more posts to whinge about everything he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

We really need to have more options in the squad next season it's ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I didn't see the game, gomez and Henderson played the whole game so hopefully all right, how did taa seem going off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Saying it since the Wverton game this season could end very badly , 5th place is a real possiblity , If we have no champions leauge next season its a nightmare.,
    The love in the last few weeks will be all for nothing Kloops teams hasnt done anything yet ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Saying it since the Wverton game this season could end very badly , 5th place is a real possiblity , If we have no champions leauge next season its a nightmare.,
    The love in the last few weeks will be all for nothing Kloops teams hasnt done anything yet ,

Yes it has - It's 5-2 up in the 1st leg of a champions league semi final. Thats doing something!!

It's done nothing until it wins something or has at least created the opportunity to do so - the semi final is still to be won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hello Mr Positivity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Was gutted when Salah missed that early chance, I'm hoping he sets the new record. Then I got the feeling it was going to be one of those days, and it was :( A tough game to watch for sure. Stoke were very physical and there were some interesting decisions, again.
    I'm nervous about both games next week, season defining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The Roma president’s viewpoint on Tuesday evening’s violence outside Anfield:

https://twitter.com/asromaen/status/990314094153601024?s=21

I’d say it’s a bit lower than 99.9% but well said all the same, fcuking morons is right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Fair play to him. I hope after what happened in Liverpool there is at least an acknowledgement with the headbangers that this kind of ****e is on some other weird ****ing level that has no place in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

martyos121 wrote: »
    The Roma president’s viewpoint on Tuesday evening’s violence outside Anfield:

https://twitter.com/asromaen/status/990314094153601024?s=21

I’d say it’s a bit lower than 99.9% but well said all the same, fcuking morons is right.

I agree with him but I really hope this isn't a case of "it's a tiny group of people so we're not going to do anything about it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Here is the article taken from Reuters.

Roma president rages at 'disgusting stupidity' of fan violence
    AS Roma president James Pallotta has bitterly criticised the “disgusting stupidity” of an attack before the club’s Champions League game in Liverpool which left a man in critical condition in hospital.

Merseyside Police charged two men from Rome with violent disorder after the incident, which took place before kickoff on Tuesday in the semi-final first leg at Anfield. A 53-year-old Irish Liverpool supporter, Sean Cox, was seriously injured.

“I don’t want to talk about the game at all at Liverpool,” Pallotta told Roma’s website. “What I want to talk about is how these games are great but they’re not life and death.

“What’s going on right now with Sean Cox in Liverpool, that’s life and death and that affects his family,” he said.

“I don’t really give a **** about the score of the game.”

Pallotta said the attack on Cox was “just the most disgusting stupidity and my prayers are for him and his family”.

“It’s depressing, though, that all of the other fans at Roma get blamed for something that, going back to that saying that I had about a year and a half ago… a few people wrecking things for everyone else.”

Pallotta said that “99.9 percent” of Roma fans were “great”.

But he added: “Then, occasionally, you get a few, normally outside of the game, more than anything else… it’s just absolutely ridiculous.”

He said it was an issue for the whole country.

“It’s time now for things to change in Italy and in Rome, because it is just happening too much,” he said.

“We have a long history at Roma and what’s going on when you have a few stupid people is that they destroy our history and they attack our legacy and I’m tired of it,” he said.

“Our fans are the best fans in the world – it’s just a couple of ... morons that take the rest of us down.”

I agree with him but I really hope this isn't a case of "it's a tiny group of people so we're not going to do anything about it."

I can't see much being done about it.

There was more outrage over lads throwing cans at a bus which says a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Tomkins went a bit mad on Twitter over our lad.of penalties this season.

Read the thread.

https://twitter.com/paul_tomkins/status/990221100327096321?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Some fairly classless swipes made at you lot over on Everton forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Rekop dog wrote: »

There's an Everton forum ?

Plenty of press this morning reporting that Gerrard has accepted the Rangers job and will be bringing Gary Mac with him.

Hate the team but really hope it works out for him or at least doesn't ruin his potential career before it has a chance to take off. Really feels like too much too soon, there are a lot of head winds against him, but if it's true, best of luck to him - he's gonna need it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

More swipes at you from what I can see 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

There's an 'Everton'?

I saw Andy Kelly discussing Gerrard's possible move to Ibrox this morning. He mentioned Gerrard not taking the easy route, sitting in with the U18s until Klopp left and becoming an "obvious successor" to Klopp when he leaves.

Obvious successor? I'm not sure what I've missed here. Gerrard served the club with distinction for a long time but that doesn't give him the right to expect that the club should feel obliged to give him the reins having coached in our youth set-up. I'm hoping that by the end of Klopp's reign, we'll be more of an established force in Europe again but I also hope that the narrative doesn't become that Gerrard is the heir apparent having never proven his bona fides. He certainly won't be doing so at Ibrox, if he goes.

Long way down the line but once he became involved in our youth set-up, people taking about him being an 'obvious' future manager has bothered me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Thought he could have given it a little more time to learn from Klopp but wish his all the best. Risky more at this stage.

mosstin wrote: »
    I saw Andy Kelly discussing Gerrard's possible move to Ibrox this morning. He mentioned Gerrard not taking the easy route, sitting in with the U18s until Klopp left and becoming an "obvious successor" to Klopp when he leaves.

Obvious successor? I'm not sure what I've missed here. Gerrard served the club with distinction for a long time but that doesn't give him the right to expect that the club should feel obliged to give him the reins having coached in our youth set-up. I'm hoping that by the end of Klopp's reign, we'll be more of an established force in Europe again but I also hope that the narrative doesn't become that Gerrard is the heir apparent having never proven his bona fides. He certainly won't be doing so at Ibrox, if he goes.

Long way down the line but once he became involved in our youth set-up, people taking about him being an 'obvious' future manager has bothered me.

Yep, totally agree - his best case scenario if he goes is that he has a couple of seasons where Rangers can give Celtic a run for their money and then takes a relegated side out of the Championship and gets them to mid-table, develops some young talent and demonstrates an ability to get consistent results under what will be a massive spotlight of expectations.
    I just don't see it happening unless he is truly a managerial genius that can combine complex man-management skills with a tactical mastery and an ability to let all of the expectant pressure not get to him.

I'd doubt that he thinks himself that the Liverpool role is his based on his reputation as a player, and that may be the reason he'll take the Rangers job. He could be looking at it as a chance to prove himself away from the support of Liverpool - and if that's the case, then you have to admire the balls on him for taking such a high pressure job to try to prove he's his own man.

So yeah, boll@x to him being the presumptive heir apparent at some point in the future and best of luck to him trying to prove himself worthy of the role at some point later in his career when he's earned it...

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Yep, totally agree - his best case scenario if he goes is that he has a couple of seasons where Rangers can give Celtic a run for their money and then takes a relegated side out of the Championship and gets them to mid-table, develops some young talent and demonstrates an ability to get consistent results under what will be a massive spotlight of expectations.
    I just don't see it happening unless he is truly a managerial genius that can combine complex man-management skills with a tactical mastery and an ability to let all of the expectant pressure not get to him.

I'd doubt that he thinks himself that the Liverpool role is his based on his reputation as a player, and that may be the reason he'll take the Rangers job. He could be looking at it as a chance to prove himself away from the support of Liverpool - and if that's the case, then you have to admire the balls on him for taking such a high pressure job to try to prove he's his own man.

So yeah, boll@x to him being the presumptive heir apparent at some point in the future and best of luck to him trying to prove himself worthy of the role at some point later in his career when he's earned it...

And even that is nowhere near enough to take over at Liverpool.

Yeah, fair point, but for the folks that think he should be taking over from Klopp, it's a least better than going from managing the kids to a Buvac role and then the hot seat. I guess what I was outlining above is pretty much what Rodgers did and yeah, he was a decent manager but not good enough. Gut feeling is that Gerrard can't touch the role until he's proven himself and shown that he can carry a huge weight of expectation, but really, not until he stacks up against any other manager with a proven winning track record at the highest levels...

• Advertisement

Rangers is a mess. Gerrard has no experience.

He'll be sacked by Christmas

Also anyone even touting him as a Liverpool manager needs sectioning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Plenty of press this morning reporting that Gerrard has accepted the Rangers job and will be bringing Gary Mac with him.

Hate the team but really hope it works out for him or at least doesn't ruin his potential career before it has a chance to take off. Really feels like too much too soon, there are a lot of head winds against him, but if it's true, best of luck to him - he's gonna need it...

Think he's crazy personally. He'll get other offers if he waits. Celtic are miles ahead of them both on and off the pitch. Not a situation I'd be putting myself in that's for sure.

I think it's a bit early for him to take any senior management job to be honest. He still has lots to learn at youth level at Liverpool.

Think he's crazy personally. He'll get other offers if he waits. Celtic are miles ahead of them both on and off the pitch. Not a situation I'd be putting myself in that's for sure.

I think it's a bit early for him to take any senior management job to be honest. He still has lots to learn at youth level at Liverpool.

Exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yeah it’s bizarre how many people automatically went with the successor thing.

We all laughed at the thought of it when Giggs was hanging around United like a bad smell waiting for the job to fall into his lap...it wouldn’t have been amusing when it was happening with Gerrard.

And there will inevitably be a period where we struggle under Klopp, the last thing the club would need is Gerrard in the background and the likes of Carragher and Pearce with their knives out and singing Gerrard’s Praises.

Hopefully he takes the Rangers job and that’s the end of all those silly notions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So you’re in there stirring the pot for some to think you’re a Liverpool fan with kop in your name. Then when Everton fans react to your stirring you come in here hoping Liverpool fans would go there to defend you and react to what has been posted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

SlickRic wrote: »
    Tomkins went a bit mad on Twitter over our lad.of penalties this season.

Read the thread.

https://twitter.com/paul_tomkins/status/990221100327096321?s=19

I still can't get over the ref playing advantage in the box when Salah's back was to goal.

Advantage, for a penalty. Are you serious like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sure Giggs was the same at united, kept holding out for the United job with zero experience. Great player doesn't make you a great manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

rob316 wrote: »
    Sure Giggs was the same at united, kept holding out for the United job with zero experience. Great player doesn't make you a great manager.

Definitely does not make a great manager as we have seen time and time again.... ;)

• Advertisement

The Scottish league is what like league 1 level bottom of the championship level so even if he wins the Scottish league is that enough to prove he is a good manager to be the next Liverpool manager.

Would you give the Liverpool job to the manager of the league 1 winners or even the Championship.

Granted we did give it to a play offs winner however I think the club learned it's lesson on that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement