Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The Scottish league is what like league 1 level bottom of the championship level

Absolute bollocks, majority of Celtic squad could easily play Premier League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

kfallon wrote: »
    Absolute bollocks, majority of Celtic squad could easily play Premier League

That's a handful of players in one team in a sh1t league.

How many players in the rest of that league would get starting places in a premier league team?

How many of those Celtic players would be a start for a top 6 side in the premier league? 1/2?

How many players in the rest of that league would get starting places in a premier league team?

I have news for you, the quality in the bottom half of the Premier League is awful. Take off your Sky tinted glasses

kfallon wrote: »
    I have news for you, the quality in the bottom half of the Premier League is awful. Take off your Sky tinted glasses

I doubt very few of those Celtic players would get in the bottom of the premier leagues teams either that's the reason they are playing in Scotland in the first place.

I doubt very few of those Celtic players would get in the bottom of the premier leagues teams either that's the reason they are playing in Scotland in the first place.

I bet most would! But anyway, no point arguing about it, at least now I know that you haven't a clue about football so can dismiss your posts.

• Advertisement

lol most would lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Put it this way...

Everton would be doing better if they had the likes of Tierney, Ntcham, Armstrong, Brown, Mcgregor, Dembele or Roberts to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

So erm.....how is Virgil Van Dijk eh???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Coulson imo has no clue about Scottish football, he was simply just trying to belittle Gerrard and Rodgers, don't get sucked in lads!

ERG89 wrote: »
    So erm.....how is Virgil Van Dijk eh???

Did we buy him from Celtic three years ago?

So you are saying a small handful of Celtic players make the Scottish league stronger than league 1 and the Championship are you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Coulson imo has no clue about Scottish football, he was simply just trying to belittle Gerrard and Rodgers, don't get sucked in lads!

Jesus Christ, will you just put him on ignore and spare the rest of us your obsession.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

So you are saying a small handful of Celtic players make the Scottish league stronger than league 1 and the Championship are you?

Yeah sure if the likea of Ashley Williams, Robson Kanu & a far past his prime Patrice Evra can why couldn't a Dembele, Tierney or McGregor. Plenty of bad players who dont care in the premier league. I'd probably take Dembele ahead of Ings or Solanke tbh.

Jesus Christ, will you just put him on ignore and spare the rest of us your obsession.

Likewise you and me.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Yeah sure if the likea of Ashley Williams, Robson Kanu & a far past his prime Patrice Evra can why couldn't a Dembele, Tierney or McGregor. Plenty of bad players who dont care in the premier league. I'd probably take Dembele ahead of Ings or Solanke tbh.

So for that reason and those three players you are saying the Scottish league is stronger than League 1 and the Championship WoW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Liverpool are loaning Steven Gerrard out to Rangers with the long-term view of him eventually taking the reins at Anfield, according to Andy Dunn.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11352064/liverpool-loaning-steven-gerrard-to-rangers-says-andy-dunn

😀

Kloppo fluttering his eyes at BM via German Sky has brought conspiracy theories to another level :pac:

Any chance Salah gets in trouble for that arm he swung wildly yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Hard to see it, lucky that he didn't make contact. Still hard to believe that there was no action for Holgate s attack on Firmino. There's no consistency in the fa decision making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He’s the Buffalo Bill of the soccer forum. Probably has a pit ready and waiting if the opportunity ever arises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

We all know Egyptian players get away with arm swings after last weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

martyos121 wrote: »
    He’s the Buffalo Bill of the soccer forum. Probably has a pit ready and waiting if the opportunity ever arises.

Maybe a mod could amend the title of the thread to 'Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/Cyberstalking 2018', in the interests of accuracy.

ooh-friends-football-friends.jpg

Augeo wrote: »
    Kloppo fluttering his eyes at BM via German Sky has brought conspiracy theories to another level :pac:

I missed that, what was he saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

robwen wrote: »
    Liverpool are loaning Steven Gerrard out to Rangers with the long-term view of him eventually taking the reins at Anfield, according to Andy Dunn.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11352064/liverpool-loaning-steven-gerrard-to-rangers-says-andy-dunn

��

Sorry, but that's click-bait of the highest, smelliest order. It's fcuking nuts to think that Liverpool have already decided he's gonna take the reigns after Klopp and they're in discussions with Rangers to let him go there to find his feet, as if he's a 19yr old prospect that needs some time at a lower league team and Rangers would be happy to nurse him as he learns.

I can see the logic for Gerrard in the move, but it's flawed logic and he should stay put and wait for a better move when he's good and ready...

I missed that, what was he saying?

Tried to find the video as I can speak the lingo and none that would play outside of Germany - found a transcript and all he is saying in response to a question about a possible move to Bayern is that he doesn't have an escape clause in his contract and he's got 4 more years on his contract and Liverpool are happy with him, so it makes sense that Bayern never approached him. He also talked about how he will definitely take a year off after Liverpool as he's promised his family and he doesn't see himself staying in the game as long other managers do.

No eye fluttering to Bayern, and if it's been reported as such, it's just more fcuking click-bait...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Keita sent off again, the 4th time this season. Nutcase. I presume any domestic suspension will carry over into next season with us, or will it just apply to the Bundesliga?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Main man signed an extension. Great the have a good cf option tied down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

All it took was a couple of poor results and the club have announced another contract renewal :D

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/990621918737915906

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

5starpool wrote: »
    Keita sent off again, the 4th time this season. Nutcase. I presume any domestic suspension will carry over into next season with us, or will it just apply to the Bundesliga?

Wait until the Premier League refs get a hold of him.

In all seriousness though he'll have to cut that out. 4 red cards in a season is ridiculous given the games it might cost you and all the games missed due to suspension.

• Advertisement

I can’t fathom why we’d give a new five year contract to a player that isn’t even a proper striker, when we supposedly need a solid 20 goal a season centre forward.

The mind boggles.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Main man signed an extension. Great the have a good cf option tied down.

Did he sign whilst looking the other way.

Bit of photoshop needed.

Thomas Lemar has seemingly lost his way at Monaco, booed by the fans, played in all sorts of unfamiliar positions, no motivation. Talks of him losing hsi spot on the WC team. Maybe that's enough for the club to be put off by him, but on the other hand if we were to go for him this summer I'd imagine the asking price wouldn't be anywhere near 90m again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

All it took was a couple of poor results and the club have announced another contract renewal :D

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/990621918737915906

The video from his contract signing is brilliant. #nolook :D

5starpool wrote: »

I think it could transfer to us if it's still in effect - happened to Barton when he transferred to France and when Louis got a bit bitey at the WC in 2014 it impacted all football, although that was a bit different.

Was it a straight red? Was it for violent behaviour that might warrant more disciplinary action afterwards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Just seen the new jersey in the LFC store in Dublin. It's a beauty :D

Charlie19 wrote: »

Bit of photoshop needed.

While doing a kung fu kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Any word on whether the £83M buy out clause has been removed on Firminos contract?

Charlie19 wrote: »

Bit of photoshop needed.

No photoshop necessary, he actually did it.

KindlyUnfortunateEyra-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement

Great news about Firmino, he's really had a break out season this year, his numbers are at the required level to go with the work rate. Still we need to sign some serious competition for him next season.

83 million wouldn’t get you his teeth.

Of Klopp's first 150 games Firmino played the most with 132 games next came Milner with 119 and third was Can with 115.

thumb_63846_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Would be great to hear Can had signed a new one next.

Keita doing his best to stop RB getting European football so Liverpool don't have to pay anymore money for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Just seen the new jersey in the LFC store in Dublin. It's a beauty :D

There's a LFC store in Dublin?

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There's a LFC store in Dublin?

In the Ilac Centre, didn’t find it nearly as good as the ones over in Liverpool the couple of times I was in it, but that’s to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Turtyturd wrote: »
    83 million wouldn’t get you his teeth.

It would get you the whole lot of him unless the clause has been removed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Wouldn't swap Firmino for any striker in the PL including Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Just noticed something a bit weird. Leaving the Champions League run to one side for a min (and I know that's a big ask, and I don't mean to reduce the impact/importance of it), I've just felt like this season has been so much better than last season. Yes, a couple of hard results (Man U, City, Spurs) but in general definitely an improvement and we're going the right way etc. etc.

All that said, here's our League Position at the moment:

3rd
    P W D L GF GA GD PTS
    36 20 12 4 80 37 43 72

and here it is at the end of last season:

4th
    P W D L GF GA GD PTS
    38 22 10 6 78 42 36 76

So considering that we'll hopefully finished 3rd or 4th (probably 4th) and that we could get the same amount of points (Draw against Chelsea and win against Brighton) there's really feck all difference. At the moment we've scored 2 more goals, and let in 5 less. The 5 less isn't to be sniffed at, but it's hardly a sea change either.

So, why am I feeling so much better about this season, when the league table is probably going to be almost exactly the same? Is it *just* the Champions League Performances (once again, not that I want to reduce their importance)? Do the two draws in the last two games remove a little of the shine (we could have hit 80 points if we'd won them)? Or am I just thinking about it too much? ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement