Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gerrard for Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Gerrard for Sunderland.

They are in a worse state that Rangers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I can only imagine Buvac leaving is for personal reasons. Even if himself and Klopp weren't getting on I don't think there is any way they wouldn't see out the remainder of the season considering there are only a maximum of 4 games left. One of which might be a CL final.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

The team are falling out of top 4. Klopp is losing his staff/ main man .... a total disaster end of season.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    The team are falling out of top 4. Klopp is losing his staff/ main man .... a total disaster end of season.

Are you this pessimistic away from Boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Team are currently in the top 4 and have one foot in a Champions League final.

DISASTER

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In fairness, we should be in second place at this stage and have let that slip away too easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

This really could turn out to be a disaster of a season, Everyone seems to be celebrating a good season weeks ago before anything has finished ,
    All the years supporting Liverpool we should know nothing is certain till its over, Imagine going out on Wednesday and finishing 5th ,
    Even wining on Wednesday and finishing 5th is a nightmare unless we win the final.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've read that one of Buvac's main roles is to help decide the subs and we've only got about 9 fit players anyway so no worries there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    In fairness, we should be in second place at this stage and have let that slip away too easily.

We don't have the legs for it.

It's natural we've drifted away with European concerns.

I'd expect to improve on the squad and better handle it in future, but this is absolutely fine, so long as we don't really **** the bed and we can close out the season in the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We have a 3 goal lead in a CL semi final.

Need 3 points from 2 games to make top 4. Massive few weeks but we are in a great position still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

We actually only need 1 point from 2 games, assuming that points come against Chelsea! If they beat us, then we need three. But a draw against them means the Brighton game is a dead rubber for us, unless Chelsea score a lot of goals in their other two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Dickerty wrote: »
    He hasn't done ANYTHING to prove he could do it. He's coached the U19s for a season, where you don't need to sign players, deal with media, manage unhappy stars, and results are not that important. He'd need at least 2 seasons as manager elsewhere before I could say he's ready for the job.

Well, yea he hasn't done anything to prove he could do it, which is why I said if he takes the Rangers job it will be interesting to see how he gets on, it might change peoples opinions? Also, I never said he could do the job just that many supporters would like him to take over from Klopp.

MD1990 wrote: »
    We have a 3 goal lead in a CL semi final.

Need 3 points from 2 games to make top 4. Massive few weeks but we are in a great position still.

If we draw with Chelsea they can't catch us as far I know.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If we draw with Chelsea they can't catch us as far I know.

We only need a draw vs Chelsea.....what could go wrong? :pac::p

Not sure where the panic is coming from, I'd rather be in our position than Chelsea's.

NukaCola wrote: »
    We only need a draw vs Chelsea.....what could go wrong? :pac::p

Not sure where the panic is coming from, I'd rather be in our position than Chelsea's.

It's in our hands. Yes it's getting a little close but unfortunately with the injuries to midfield we haven't been able to make to many changes and the players are minding themselves for the Semi Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Very strange about Buvac, especially the timing. If it’s true that there is a personal issue than I hope everything works out ok for him and he comes back.
    However, if he has fallen out with Klopp it’s a worry as he’s been his right-hand man since 2001 and would play a vital if less public role in Klopp’s methods and successes.

Buvac could have been the man to tell Klopp where he’s going wrong and what needs to change and every coach needs that. Now he might be replaced by a yes man who does not know Klopp as well and would not have the same impact.

Funny enough, I was watching the build-up on Saturday and they were showing the players warming up with a passing drill and Buvac was on screen for a long time and I noticed how he just stood there passively watching and I thought to myself how he could be more active.
    Hope this doesn’t lead to Klopp’s downfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

%E2%80%9CThe-Sky-is-Falling%E2%80%9D-Chicken-Little1.jpg

end-is-near.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

This really could turn out to be a disaster of a season, Everyone seems to be celebrating a good season weeks ago before anything has finished ,
    All the years supporting Liverpool we should know nothing is certain till its over, Imagine going out on Wednesday and finishing 5th ,
    Even wining on Wednesday and finishing 5th is a nightmare unless we win the final.,

The point gained vs Stoke could be a very important point in the fact that its STILL in our own hands even if we lose to Chelsea.
    If we cant beat Brighton at home last game of the season we don't deserve top 4.

Simple as :)

• Advertisement

We have 3 chances of making top 4, 2 of those chances are very doable. At least a draw at Chelsea, failing that a win against Brighton will do the job. If we somehow make an absolute balls of that then we'd have to not lose by 3-0 to Roma or 4-1 etc and win a CL final which is quite hard but presents us with another opportunity.

Plenty of opportunities to make it, if we dont then as Lucky said we wont deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Playing in a champions league final is a nightmare? People would want to relax

We have 3 chances of making top 4, 2 of those chances are very doable. At least a draw at Chelsea, failing that a win against Brighton will do the job. If we somehow make an absolute balls of that then we'd have to not lose by 3-0 to Roma or 4-1 etc and win a CL final which is quite hard but presents us with another opportunity.

Plenty of opportunities to make it, if we dont then as Lucky said we wont deserve it.
    rob316 wrote: »
    It most certainly is if you don't make top 4 and lose it, No prizes for second place ,Id like to have top four wrapped up so the players can enjoy the final ,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Or Chelsea lose to Huddersfield or newcastle

It most certainly is if you don't make top 4 and lose it, No prizes for second place ,Id like to have top four wrapped up so the players can enjoy the final ,

Wish people will relax about this. We will get top 4.

Beat Brighton at home or draw against Chelsea and it's done.

People also assuming that Chelsea will get maximum points which is a big assumption.

murpho999 wrote: »

Wish people will relax about this.  We will get top 4.  

Most people would have said we'd beat either Stoke or Westbrom ,

A point against Chelsea or a win against Brighton at home. We'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

****, its Thursday already!

Most people would have said we'd beat either Stoke or Westbrom ,

Agreed but they've clearly got the semi final on their mind and there were team changes.

At this level a 10% drop in performance can be a huge difference.

Look how they laboured against West Brom but then the full team put on an amazing display against Roma.

Doom merchants will always be negative but I'm very confident that if they get to the final and then have to beat Brighton to secure top 4 with two weeks recovery to the final they will do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Sounds like Bavac has his reasons. Don't wish to speculate as to the particulars. But I'll say this, fairly scummy what Castles did.

We have to beat Brighton at home to get Top 4 I'm not even slightly worried, Brighton will be safe as houses by then and have nothing to play for its entirely different opponent to Stoke and West Brom.

We have to beat Brighton at home to get Top 4 I'm not even slightly worried, Brighton will be safe as houses by then and have nothing to play for its entirely different opponent to Stoke and West Brom.
    Not for sure.

5 points clear but have Man Utd & Man City next 2 games.

Gerrard to drop Rangers interest and become Liverpools new No. 2 ? Stranger things have happened.

Also a man who actually knows what he's talking about

https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/990865016923574273

https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/990867556335484928

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

ush wrote: »
    Sounds like Bavac has his reasons. Don't wish to speculate as to the particulars. But I'll say this, fairly scummy what Castles did.

It was scummy if it is lies. If true then he was just reporting on it. What's scummy about that?

Told Rúben Neves is in Liverpool today.

https://twitter.com/Oliver__Bond/status/990950907172016128?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Lots of Rubensy Nevesy type rumours bouncing around to cheer yiz up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

murpho999 wrote: »
    Wish people will relax about this. We will get top 4.

People also assuming that Chelsea will get maximum points which is a big assumption.

I feel like we were saying the same about Arsenal last season and they ended up running us quite close when they finished out the season like this:

k3ym60t.png

Hopefully we can put it to bed and beat them at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Gerrard as No 2? Maybe that why Buvak has stormed out :pac: Seriously though if Liverpool made Gerrard some sort of counter offer to keep him in house I'd be raging.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Can apparently has signed a 5 year deal with Juve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Isn't he notoriously terrible in terms of reliability? Pretty sure he makes everything up.
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is this the Wolves guy?

Yup. Scored that belter of a volley there two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Don't forget that the PL prize money is worth about £2m for each higher position, so they have that to play for as there's a bunch of teams above them that they could leapfrog depending on how other results go, so they do have something to play for...

It also makes a difference for us in terms of how CL money and TV money is distributed depending on whether we get 4th instead of 3rd - it's complicated how they do it but IIRC 20% of one pot of money goes to 3rd and 10% to 4th, so there is an incentive to get 3rd, unlikely as it probably is now...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Can apparently has signed a 5 year deal with Juve.

Providing he leaves us (which seems 99% likely, even if the above isn't true yet), I'll be glad if he goes abroad, even though he hasn't being irreplaceable for us. I'd still hate to see any of our players go straight to another big club in England.

Gerrard as No 2? Maybe that why Buvak has stormed out :pac: Seriously though if Liverpool made Gerrard some sort of counter offer to keep him in house I'd be raging.

Why ?

I would like to see Gerrard on the coaching staff if Klopp wanted him.

Wouldn't be raging about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

MD1990 wrote: »
    Why ?

I would like to see Gerrard on the coaching staff if Klopp wanted him.

Wouldn't be raging about it.

I wouldn't.

Imagine every time there was a blip in form, you'd have the same numpties coming out to get him the job.

"Give it Giggseh til end of t'season"

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Don't forget that the PL prize money is worth about £2m for each higher position, so they have that to play for as there's a bunch of teams above them that they could leapfrog depending on how other results go, so they do have something to play for...

It also makes a difference for us in terms of how CL money and TV money is distributed depending on whether we get 4th instead of 3rd - it's complicated how they do it but IIRC 20% of one pot of money goes to 3rd and 10% to 4th, so there is an incentive to get 3rd, unlikely as it probably is now...

I really don't think players are motivated by the club getting more money.

The lengths people go to make out something will be difficult for Liverpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

QFT! The Gerrard Fan Club would be unbearable if things hit a sticky patch. He'd be the "pre-Fergie", insofar as his presence would just make life more difficult for the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

QFT! The Gerrard Fan Club would be unbearable if things hit a sticky patch. He'd be the "pre-Fergie", insofar as his presence would just make life more difficult for the manager.

That will happen regardless, tbh.

As long as Gerrard is on the manager career path, some people will look towards him to eventually manage Liverpool. That much inevitable, whether he is an assistant at the club or managing elsewhere.

I'd argue the noise would greater if he was doing well at Rangers than it would if he was in the background at Liverpool.

I don't really care about the media or a fan club drawing attention.

If Klopp wanted Gerrard as part of his team I think it would work fine.

Give it Milly!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement