Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I say Klopp will have a full strength team out V Chelsea and Brighton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I say Klopp will have a full strength team out V Chelsea and Brighton
    Maybe not Chelsea as Wednesday could be a tuff game and have some tired legs  but 100% against have to full strength v Brighton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

MD1990 wrote: »
    I don't really care about the media or a fan club drawing attention.

If Klopp wanted Gerrard as part of his team I think it would work fine.

While most would be happy enough to trust Klopp's judgement, there is a concern that Liverpool would be replacing a guy with 17 years experience and has been referred to as "The Brain" with someone who has no experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ref for Wednesday night - Liverpool have not won or drawn when he has been in charge of their games, while Roma have drawn one and lost one with him

2009 Liverpool 1 V 2 Fiorentina UCL
    2015 Besiktas 1 V 0 Liverpool Besiktas win on Pens UEL
    2016 Villarreal 1 V 0 Liverpool UEL

Referee
    Damir Skomina (SVN)

Assistant referees
    Jure Praprotnik (SVN)
    Robert Vukan (SVN)

Additional assistant referees
    Matej Jug (SVN)
    Slavko Vinčić (SVN)

Fourth official
    Tomaž Klančnik (SVN)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Ref for Wednesday night - Liverpool have not won or drawn when he has been in charge of their games, while Roma have drawn one and lost one with him

2009 Liverpool 1 V 2 Fiorentina UCL
    2015 Besiktas 1 V 0 Liverpool Besiktas win on Pens UEL
    2016 Villarreal 1 V 0 Liverpool UEL

Referee
    Damir Skomina (SVN)

Assistant referees
    Jure Praprotnik (SVN)
    Robert Vukan (SVN)

Additional assistant referees
    Matej Jug (SVN)
    Slavko Vin (SVN)

Fourth official
    Tomaž Klank (SVN)

Well we didn't lose 3-0 in any of them, so good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We have scored in every away game in the Champions League this season I don't see any reason why we won't score again on Wednesday if I'm being honest.

Roma will be terrified of Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Shame about the Buvac news. The Joyce and Honigstein articles give me a slight hope that things can be worked out and that he will be back at Klopp’s side but I think it’s more likely that we’ll get an update during the summer that they have parted ways.

Seeing some of the reactions to the news Gerrard’s move to Rangers can’t come quick enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Mickey Flanagan could do a job on the bench in Buvac's absence. Probably add as much as Stevie G at this stage too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

garra wrote: »
    Mickey Flanagan could do a job on the bench in Buvac's absence. Probably add as much as Stevie G at this stage too.

I'd rule the chances of that not just out but out out.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Shame about the Buvac news. The Joyce and Honigstein articles give me a slight hope that things can be worked out and that he will be back at Klopp’s side but I think it’s more likely that we’ll get an update during the summer that they have parted ways.

Seeing some of the reactions to the news Gerrard’s move to Rangers can’t come quick enough.

It's sad tbh. Potentially one of the biggest games of their careers in a few weeks.

Hopefully they work it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Gary Neville there on MNF picks Robertson Salah and Firmino in is team of the year.

Think he's trying the old jinxing trick the fecker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Needless risks being taken here.

2FHq9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nah we didn't let Mignolet hold him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

2FHq9.jpg

Thankfully Mignolet isn't holding him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

ERG89 wrote: »
    Nah we didn't let Mignolet hold him

That did make me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

murpho999 wrote: »
    I really don't think players are motivated by the club getting more money.

The lengths people go to make out something will be difficult for Liverpool

What?! The lengths what?!

I'm simply saying that there's more to the league than just avoiding relegation for the lower placed teams and I'm not a fan of people assuming that a team of professional footballers playing the last match of the season will be happy not to give it their all and lose just because they're safe.
    What player doesn't want what's best for their team, and in today's crazy money dominated game, money counts.

Not interested in making 'something difficult' for the team, just making a pretty obvious point that BHA still, apart from the obvious professional pride of trying to scalp a top team in their home ground, have something to play for and we shouldn't be complacent that it'll be an easy game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

[IMGhttp://funkyimg.com/i/2FHq9.jpg/IMG]

Handle with Cairo.

tenor.gif?itemid=5645551

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

What's Salah holding in that pic?

jasonb wrote: »

U12's 100m dash.

• Advertisement

2FHq9.jpg

Is that Lallana hiding behind Klavan and Clyne? There was reporting that he might be back in training this week, so maybe will be back for the 13th as per PhysioRoom.
    Also interesting to see Sideshow Curtis, have to assume he won't be a bench option this week but good to see he's getting time training with the seniors...

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Sideshow Curtis

Well that made me laugh... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

jasonb wrote: »

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/990997763679715329?s=19

Highlight being Van Dijk looking at Lovren with disgust

Lovren is to Salah as Moreno was to Coutinho.
    Very fortunate to be adding another award in my first season playing with this great group of players! Lovren did you vote for me?

https://twitter.com/MoSalah/status/991038199832154113

Lovren seems to be his best friend in the squad going by the social media banter all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Jammy bastid Kane just scored a jammy goal. How far away from Salah is he now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Very strange about Buvac, especially the timing. If it’s true that there is a personal issue than I hope everything works out ok for him and he comes back.
    However, if he has fallen out with Klopp it’s a worry as he’s been his right-hand man since 2001 and would play a vital if less public role in Klopp’s methods and successes.

Buvac could have been the man to tell Klopp where he’s going wrong and what needs to change and every coach needs that. Now he might be replaced by a yes man who does not know Klopp as well and would not have the same impact.

Funny enough, I was watching the build-up on Saturday and they were showing the players warming up with a passing drill and Buvac was on screen for a long time and I noticed how he just stood there passively watching and I thought to myself how he could be more active.
    Hope this doesn’t lead to Klopp’s downfall.
    The way I look at this, is there are 2 possibilities:

1/There is an immediate and critical family crisis, wg. either him or someone close is ill, or some such
    2/ something else, eg. a row or a power struggle.

I hope it's not option 1/, and that bovac and his family are OK.

Any other reason would be damned unprofessional IMHO. To pull then plug at this time would be nuts, and if this has happened there can be no way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Ardent wrote: »
    Jammy bastid Kane just scored a jammy goal. How far away from Salah is he now?

4 goals

Salah 31 and kane 27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

robwen wrote: »
    Paul Joyce on Buvac situation,

In 2007, weeks after the club’s Champions League defeat to AC Milan, the assistant manager, Pako Ayesteran, quit Liverpool after a fall-out with Rafa Benz. Ayesteran was perceived as crucial to the club’s success under Benitez and the club never managed to replicate the heights they reached in the years after his departure.[/I]

I've seen this mentioned in coverage around assistant managers leaving - after this point we still got to the quarters and the semi's of the Champions League over the next two years, and got our highest ever Premier League points total, and highest finish under Rafa... so no we didn't win the CL again, but the club itself very much continued the upward trend for a few years before it started to fall apart. And when it did, it was very much not down to a lack of Ayesteran.

1/There is an immediate and critical family crisis, wg. either him or someone close is ill, or some such......

Unlikely IMO, and also I hope there isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Advertisement

robwen wrote: »

No, he just 'wasted' in defense

Just saw that Liverpool’s net spent since June 2014 is .......£18m.

The club is really good at selling players.

Just saw that Liverpool’s net spent since June 2014 is .......£18m.

The club is really good at selling players.

Liverpool always has at least one player who is much desired and wants to leave. Unfortunately this summer its Emre Can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Adding 2 + 2 and getting 5, but perhaps Buvac has been sniffing around for a managers gig? With that Dortmund chap now Director of Football at Arsenal, a possibility he is touting himself there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Adding 2 + 2 and getting 5, but perhaps Buvac has been sniffing around for a managers gig? With that Dortmund chap now Director of Football at Arsenal, a possibility he is touting himself there?

Even with that relationship already being established between him and the Dortmund chap, I couldn't see Arsenal bringing in someone who's never managed a club before.

On the broader question though, of him perhaps wanting to take the reins of a club himself, I could definitely see that being the case. But that still asks the question of 'why now', with the season finishing so soon. Has to be more to it regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Or maybe it really is down to personal reasons, I'd be very suprised he left Liverpool at this present time due to looking at furthering his career options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I can only assume that Buvac himself or a loved one of his is unwell, and that then takes precedence over football. That seems to be the only thing that would make sense for such an abrupt departure at such an important moment. Also, you have to consider that Liverpool said his job is there for him, so he has the clubs support, and their discretion. Hope all is well with him and his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It is a bit concerning for this to happen right now though. I imagine Kloppo regularly bounces ideas of Buvac - who will serve that function now? He maybe relies on him for certain other things that may ultimately be pivotal to our success.

On the flipside, it's n opportunity for Kloppo to 'grow', and other senior figures in the club will also have to take more responsibility.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I can only assume that Buvac himself or a loved one of his is unwell, and that then takes precedence over football. That seems to be the only thing that would make sense for such an abrupt departure at such an important moment. Also, you have to consider that Liverpool said his job is there for him, so he has the clubs support, and their discretion. Hope all is well with him and his.

There is zero to suggest it is illness related.

• Advertisement

Personally I think if it were illness they would have mentioned that. But it’s easy to read into it when we don’t have the facts. Either way, the timing is crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Someone quoted a report earlier saying Buvac has been a "distant" figure over the last few weeks. If that is true (rather than idle speculation) then it would point to a man with a lot of non football related issues on his mind. Maybe there is something serious going on with him or a close family member which he tried to keep a lid on / away from "work" but because of his close relationship with Klopp and/or the intimate nature of being part of such a group on a daily basis someone spotted it sat him down and got him to spit it out resulting in the club/Klopp telling him to go take care of his personal business and not worry about his position at the club. There's only a few games left and the team is well drilled so they'll get on with it in his absence.

I'd like to think if he does have something serious going on personally or within his family that the club would give him the time and space to sort it out and do so in the least intrusive manner possible.

Maybe I'm trying make up a narrative to fit the story but there's no way he bales this close to the culmination of 2-3 years work and getting some of the credit for a potential CL win just to pursue a job elsewhere he couldn't possibly start until after the end of the season anyway and I also doubt any simmering differences he may have with Klopp (sparky relationships are often characteristics of symbiotic partnerships) would not be dampened down until after the last game of the season.

I don't wish for there to be something wrong with Buvac or anyone close to him but if there is I really hope this is a case of the club circling the wagons and protecting him by issuing a vague press release confirming his absence but void of any detail which could be intrusive for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Really seems to be a lot of creative writing/fan fiction and clutching at straws about the Buvac situation.

I don’t think they had the tabloid style blow out that was initially reported but that over time he got p!ssed of with his role and/or Klopp as reported in other places. ‘Personal reasons’ is just a catch all term when you don’t want to divulge the actual reasons (Flanagan’s scumbaggery would’ve been personal reasons if it wasn’t public knowledge).

Said it yesterday but I think it’s a very slight chance that he’s back if they sit down with calmer heads and less pressure over the summer. I think there might be more of a chance that wherever Klopp ends up next he gets the band back together there if they’ve sorted their differences out. Whether he comes back to the club or not I hope they sort it out on a personal level.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Buvac storming out two days before the biggest game of the year cant be anything other than a fall out.... I'm sure personal reasons could have been put on hold for 3 weeks until seasons end unless someone in his family is really, really ill. Other than that it's a bust up. On top of the injury crisis and slowly dropping points in the league, it must be leading to a lot of pressure internally.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Buvac storming out two days before the biggest game of the year cant be anything other than a fall out.... I'm sure personal reasons could have been put on hold for 3 weeks until seasons end unless someone in his family is really, really ill. Other than that it's a bust up. On top of the injury crisis and slowly dropping points in the league, it must be leading to a lot of pressure internally.

Yea maybe the wife has cancer, hang on dear I'll be home in 3 weeks because we've a few games left. PhuckHugh said it's ok to put you on hold.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Yea maybe the wife has cancer, hang on dear I'll be home in 3 weeks because we've a few games left. PhuckHugh said it's ok to put you on hold.

Did I not say unless someone was really ill? Learn to read.

How do you know there was an actual bust up?

You have no idea what happened?

We're in the semi final of the Champion's League with a 3 goal lead going into the second league.

Top 4 is in our own hands.

Yes, that really is a crisis alright that would lead to tensions and bust ups.

How do you know there was an actual bust up?

You have no idea what happened?

We're in the semi final of the Champion's League with a 3 goal lead going into the second league.

Top 4 is in our own hands.

Yes, that really is a crisis alright that would lead to tensions and bust ups.

Another person that cant read... I said this episode allied to dropping points and the injury crisis must be leading to pressure --- i.e it's not ideal going into the end of season/upcoming fixtures.

Another person that cant read... I said this episode allied to dropping points and the injury crisis must be leading to pressure --- i.e it's not ideal going into the end of season/upcoming fixtures.

I can read fine thanks. No need to be so condescending.

You're just surmising and in reality have not got a clue what happened just like the rest of us.

There is no injury crisis. Any pressure they feel would be good pressure as they are challenging for a major trophy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement