Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Klopp is doing a good job irrespective of how much he has spent. But net spend has always been a **** metric. One or two outlying incoming fees skews things massively. Happened when United sold Ronaldo, Liverpools currently includes Suarez and Coutinho (it's why it shows as 4 years as he never played under Klopp). Wages is a better metric imo. Most league tables usually follow the trend of higher wages correlating to league position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Don't think it's that important - Everton have the 3rd highest net spend and look where that got them. We have the 3rd lowest net spend and we're one step from the CL final and qualification for next year.

Also, Utd have outspent us by a factor of 1.35 (£596m v £443m) - the net part is skewed by big value sales. We have only been outspent by City, Utd and Chelsea - no surprises there - and if everything goes well between now and the 26th, not only do we have a nice pot of money available but we can start to expect that we will become a destination team and not a selling team to Barca...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MD1990 wrote: »
    Yes like paying 400-500k a week for players in wages

Is it not 650k plus bonuses?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Strootman & Perotti out for Roma tomorrow night. Both would have started I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

martyos121 wrote: »
    Is it not 650k plus bonuses?

At the time of transfer the media was lobbing on a few k every day it seemed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

rob316 wrote: »
    Like what? Its fairly simple math Net Spend = What you sold - What you bought.

Top earners at the other clubs would dwarf Liverpool and Spurs too I'd imagine. Firmino recently made Liverpools highest paid player @ £175k per week. Isn't Sanchez on something ridiculous like 500k?

Liverpool are a lot higher up the wage chain than you'd expect. Most figures normally have them around 200m per year, United, Chelsea and City around 250m. Not insignificant a gap, but not huge either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

For the day that's in it*

"net spend friends!"

landscape-1472829962-inbetweeners.jpg

OR

"net spend ****!"

2FLxV.jpg

the Inbetweeners 10th anniversary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

what always surprises my about transfers is how much money Chelsea get for players. We sold two world class players which hugely inflated the money in but generally players leaving Chelsea are flops, yet they got 50M for Luiz, think they got a very good price for the Brazilian that went to China, how did they take in £450M in 4 years? Maybe they sold a large number of players? Colour me suspicious.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    what always surprises my about transfers is how much money Chelsea get for players. We sold two world class players which hugely inflated the money in but generally players leaving Chelsea are flops, yet they got 50M for Luiz, think they got a very good price for the Brazilian that went to China, how did they take in £450M in 4 years? Maybe they sold a large number of players? Colour me suspicious.

Agents - making a mess of the game....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did Chelsea not sell loads of fringe and youth players over the last while?

5starpool wrote: »
    Keita sent off again, the 4th time this season. Nutcase. I presume any domestic suspension will carry over into next season with us, or will it just apply to the Bundesliga?

Just watching Redmen TV Development Watch and they said that it was just a double booking and so he's only out for one game and will play the last match of the season for them.

Great goal for Bayern - nicely played from the back! Come on!

just what I didn't want to see in this year's 2nd legs, goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

just what I didn't want to see in this year's 2nd legs, goals

Would have thought it'd be better to play bayern.

and another - soft one for Benzema

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Roma will hammer either of these in the final.

Real would suit us much better imo. Their defense is open as ****. Keeper is dodge too

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Real would suit us much better imo. Their defense is open as ****. Keeper is dodge too

Based on the match so far that could be the case, but I just hate, HATE, watching that Portuguese Poseur

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Based on the match so far that could be the case, but I just hate, HATE, watching that Portuguese Poseur

Tbh, if we get through I really wouldn't care too much.

Enjoying this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Teams a lot better tonight than last week both look dangerous

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

mightyreds wrote: »

Both defences look truly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

From what I'm seeing here if mane, firminho and salah get a run at any of these two defences they would murder them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

mightyreds wrote: »

Really I'm not seeing it. Two tired teams to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Both defences look truly awful.

Your dead right :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

My god .......awful keeping.

that's what can happen when you don't have a decent keeper..............

Not sure Mig or Calamity James could even manage a howler like that...

How much did Real Madrid pay him to do that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looks like it's Real in the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Madrid still look like they could put 5 past you in 20 mins though. They're a lot more frightening than Bayern, imo.

• Advertisement

I'm sick **** of this non celebration, sanctimonious nonsense.

as we get closer to our game suddenly three goals doesn't seem like a huge lead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Late Ramos og for the lulz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Knex. wrote: »
    I'm sick **** of this non celebration, sanctimonious nonsense.

He is on loan can you think of what would happen if he celebrated

I cannot decide which team are better/worse opposition to be honest should libpool qualify for the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I certainly want Real in the final if we get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I cannot decide which team are better/worse opposition to be honest should libpool qualify for the final

I want Bayern for one reason only. I hate Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Blondie919 wrote: »

I want Bayern for one reason only. I hate Ronaldo.

Total passenger tonight.......he’ll probably score in a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Id rather play Real

• Advertisement

This game has been a belter. Compared to the first leg anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Real squeeze through again......

Be a great final if we can do the same tomorrow night.......

Real were hanging on, big time.

Bayern would be in the final if Robben was playing.

Nothing to fear from Real, their defence is there for the taking.

Hopefully we get there and prove that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Bayern must be so frustrating to watch. Seconds left in a semi-final...get the ball into the penalty area! What do they do? Fiddle around in the centre circle wasting time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

sideswipe wrote: »
    Total passenger tonight.......he’ll probably score in a minute.

Same last week. Real lack of balls from Zidane to not take him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Same last week. Real lack of balls from Zidane to not take him off.

Lol.... could you see any manager taking Ronaldo off in the semifinal of the CL in the bernabeau?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gafferino wrote: »
    Lol.... could you see any manager taking Ronaldo off in the semifinal of the CL in the bernabeau?

Rafa would.

He'd be sacked the next day but he would do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

To attack Madrid like that you need a foothold in midfield and quick forward passing in tight areas.

I have my doubts we would have as much joy as Bayern did going forward.

Think we would approach it more cautiously. Madrid close the space on opponents very quickly and don't think Henderson and Milner would be able to release Salah, Mane and Firmino as easily as one would think.

Would be a fascinating game against them should we do the business tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Bayern were great tonight. So glad to be potentially facing Real.

Real wearing on the way to 13 tops after the game.

Hope to fúck whoever gets there rams those tops up their hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

gafferino wrote: »

I couldn’t but it could’ve cost them as they were pretty much playing with 10 men over the 2 legs....fortunately for the Bayern were too with Lewandowski up front.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement