Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,515 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

If ye get through tomorrow, ye should! ..I wanna see ye beat Real badly, Ronaldo aside they are a team of horrible individuals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Don't fear real Madrid all that much seeing them the past 3 games in the CL.

Ronaldo was useless but he will score in the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Real were hanging on, big time.

Bayern would be in the final if Robben was playing.

They'd be in the final if Neuer was playing!

And also missing Coman, Vidal, Boateng....amazing they ran them so close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Would have rathered Bayern.

Just think Real are too seasoned and of course, Ronaldo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

noodler wrote: »
    Would have rathered Bayern.

Just think Real are too seasoned and of course, Ronaldo.

Yeah, he was next to near useless v juve at home, but stuck away a pen in the 94th min.
    He was useless home and away v bayern.
    In the final, you still think he could come up with something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Buvac is now 11/4 favourite to take over at Arsenal. Make of that what you will, he was 4/1 a few hours ago.

I really, really hope that’s not why he’s away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

martyos121 wrote: »
    Buvac is now 11/4 favourite to take over at Arsenal. Make of that what you will, he was 4/1 a few hours ago.

Doesn't take much to swing the manager market one way or another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Liverpool go from being a team that would be lucky to get past Roma (before they scored 5 agasint them and then Roma were ****e all of a sudden) to a team that should destroy the champions league winners of the last two year.
    If you were to belive some on boards.
    But then I talk a lot of Shiite.

Looking forward to tomorrow's game!

Doesn't take much to swing the manager market one way or another

Yeah that’s true, as I said, make of it what you will. The thing is, even though it doesn’t take much to swing it as you said, it has to be something, however little it may be. It’s a fairly significant odds shift from earlier today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Liverpool go from being a team that would be lucky to get past Roma (before they scored 5 agasint them and then Roma were ****e all of a sudden) to a team that should destroy the champions league winners of the last two year.

Real came out of a group including Spurs and Dortmund.
    In the knock-outs they've beaten PSG, Juve and now Bayern.
    Real know how to win and they definitely know how to win CL finals. Whoever they play will justifiably be underdogs.

That said, they also look beatable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

It's difficult to comprehend just how much Bayern blew that game. That Real team just sh1ts gold. That's why I wanted to avoid them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Shíte timing Buvac leaving and it was even worse shíte timing Countinho leaving when he did.

We kicked on brilliantly when he fecked off though.....

And we'll be grand now as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nerves majorly kicking in now, gonna be a long day in work tomorrow before the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I can already picture the ‘Buvac Out’ signs showing up in the background of an RTÉ news piece.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I can already picture the ‘Buvac Out’ signs showing up in the background of an RTÉ news piece.

You’d hope they’ll be more creative this time. “Evac. for Buvac”, “Zeljkout” or something like that. Their jokes as nearly as predictable as their football. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

klose wrote: »
    Nerves majorly kicking in now, gonna be a long day in work tomorrow before the game.

Get through the day by constantly slagging off Utd fans for their failure at getting to a Champions League Final. That's how I'll be doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

You’d hope they’ll be more creative this time. “Evac. for Buvac”, “Zeljkout” or something like that. Their jokes as nearly as predictable as their football. :D

"Buvacuation"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,662 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

klose wrote: »

Feels like Christmas Eve,when i was a youngster!

mosstin wrote: »
    Real know how to win and they definitely know how to win CL finals. Whoever they play will justifiably be underdogs.

No, no, Liverpool should hammer Real and if they don't they blow the final and with an easy run in as well.
    Unless of course they win, then the champions league was poor this year and it has been for the last few years.

Now most sane people know Liverpool are underdogs and especially so when they haven't even gotten to the final yet.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    "Buvacuation"

Sounds like a laxative

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I can already picture the ‘Buvac Out’ signs showing up in the background of an RTnews piece.

That's because you wouldn't be able to make them out on TV3 HD(?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

cjmc wrote: »
    Feels like Christmas Eve,when i was a youngster!

Nice way of putting it! The excitement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ragnar and Moreno along with Salah and Mane to be given new long term contracts...Joyce The Times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

OwaynOTT wrote:
    Sounds like a laxative

Fitting for Arse-nal

MR.H out........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ragnar and Moreno along with Salah and Mane to be given new long term contracts...Joyce The Times.

Shoot me now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The other 3, grand. Moreno......why? :(

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Yeah, it's up there with the most ridiculous stuff I've ever read on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

mosstin wrote: »

But when you look at their performances they haven't been great - Tottenham had the measure of them in their games. I didn't see their games against PSG, but they have scraped past both Juventus and Bayern to get to the final.

Both Roma and Liverpool will fancy their chances against this Madrid team.

Their player that I would fear the most is Bale, he has the pace and the craft to turn defenders inside out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Must be for the corners he takes in training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

More? No! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

cjmc wrote: »
    I’m on the pessi side . Counting chickens and all that . A red card / injury and down to underage players. Nearly. :)

Bitch, be cool!!

It's going to be all right Honey Bunny!!

The match is TODAY!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Assuming the squad only gets larger and is improved upon in the Summer, I still see an upsides in Moreno. Still young with good technical aspects to his game. and the more depth we have the more flexible we can be in where and when he plays. Don't see a big deal in him getting a new contract in those circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Assuming the squad only gets larger and is improved upon in the Summer, I still see an upsides in Moreno. Still young with good technical aspects to his game. and the more depth we have the more flexible we can be in where and when he plays. Don't see a big deal in him getting a new contract in those circumstances.

Ideally we want competition for each spot though and Moreno just isn't good enough to compete for the LB spot with Robertson which means we need a new LB. If we do have a new LB to compete with Robertson then yeah, maybe Moreno as third choice is fine but that's on the basis of him not getting much game time. Is he really worth keeping around as 3rd choice? I'd rather have one of the younger guys coming through as 3rd choice and let Moreno go. Unlike some people on here, I don't want to see him playing anywhere else on the pitch either. He's not good enough to play further forward. He can fill a spot and run around like a headless chicken but he'll offer absolutely no end product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Pool to score first. Bobby after getting that new contract.

This match will be nothing like what some people are saying. In fact I think it will be over by half time.

2 nil to the Pool at half time. Bobby and Mo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

ebbsy wrote: »

This match will be nothing like what some people are saying. In fact I think it will be over by half time.

I admire your confidence and I hope you're right, but given how much Roma f4cked their tactics up in the first leg I think we'll see a very different game. Hopefully not though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

At least now ‘if’ we get to the final, we’ll be wearing red as Real are the designated home team, and you can’t see them wearing anything other than white!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

punk_one82 wrote: »
    I admire your confidence and I hope you're right, but given how much Roma f4cked their tactics up in the first leg I think we'll see a very different game. Hopefully not though :)

True enough bud. The key here is can Roma keep their **** together at the back.

The anewer probably is that they can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

ebbsy wrote: »

I’m with you on this. I don’t believe Salah won’t score on a pitch he knows so well. How many times did he put the ball between those posts last season? In training and matches? We’re going to the final lads and I am confident of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

I've no doubt it'll not be plain sailing and judging by other games in this competition we've seen some really crazy **** going on - Barca going out and Juve nearly pulling it off. But the one thing we've got going for us (Other than the 5-2 scoreline) is - CAN they really change tactics that much from the first leg??? They pretty much have to come out at us and score 3. Can they achieve that without a high line? Without pressing us in our final 1/3?

Like the City away game, i would be confident of scoring against them at some stage. Be it the 10th or 70th minute. They'll not keep us out for 90 mins and for that reason .... it'll not be a cake walk but we have to go through.

I expect the first 20 mins for them to be all over us, much like at Anfield really. Then soon as the game settles we will be 50/50 and both sides to score at some stage. 7-4 on AGG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Diagonal ball over the top to Dzecko will lead to a chance. Just like Chelsea, just like our game last week.

Can see Roma scoring first maybe not as quick as City. But Liverpool ultimately winning 3-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

I like Klavan, don't think he's good enough to be a first teamer for a run of 15/20 games but he always puts in a shift and rarely makes a mistake. Very good squad player and if he's happy being just that then it's a good idea to tie him down.
    As for that other fella, I just don't see any reason to give him a contract. He's got very little sell on value, doesn't matter if he's got 1 or 5 years left on his deal. He's not gonna fetch any more that £5/6m. The lad is very likable, has a fantastic attitude and is obviously loved by the team, but for his personality, not his ability.
    He's gonna cost goals in a team who attacks as often as Liverpool, his positioning is awful. He can't defend, he bombs forward but rarely creates anything. The lad is an absolute liability.
    It's a pity tho, he's one player who I'd love to see succeed, but honestly don't think he ever will, not at Anfield anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Don't fear real Madrid all that much seeing them the past 3 games in the CL.

Ronaldo was useless but he will score in the final

Well I fear them. They attack flexibly and fluidly from all over the pitch and have THE big game player of big game players leading the line who can pop up with a key moment as and when required. But more than any of that, they have oceans and oceans of experience of digging out the win in these games over the last half decade. Wins of all sort against all sorts of opposition.

I'll look forward to the game if we survive tonight and see it as a shot to nothing really. But my expectations of the result will tightly align with the bookies on it. Real will be favourites and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

.red. wrote: »
    As for that other fella, I just don't see any reason to give him a contract. He's got very little sell on value, doesn't matter if he's got 1 or 5 years left on his deal. He's not gonna fetch any more that £5/6m. The lad is very likable, has a fantastic attitude and is obviously loved by the team, but for his personality, not his ability.
    He's gonna cost goals in a team who attacks as often as Liverpool, his positioning is awful. He can't defend, he bombs forward but rarely creates anything. The lad is an absolute liability.
    It's a pity tho, he's one player who I'd love to see succeed, but honestly don't think he ever will, not at Anfield anyway.

Klopp clearly disagrees with that viewpoint. He obviously sees something in Moreno which he thinks he can develop into player of use to the team. Its not like Klopp hasn't gotten rid of players who he didn't think could be of value to the team and given his history and unpopularity cutting Moreno would be one of the easiest decisions he'd ever make.

Is Klopp planning to turn Moreno into a back up Left Wing Forward to Mane to see out the last 20 minutes of games we're leading and for League Cup type matches etc?

No one thought Klopp would be playing the Ox in CM when he signed him.............

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

PropJoe10 wrote: »

It's hard for any team to have one good left back. To have one in Robertson that has come in this year and progressed significantly as our starter, and to have Moreno as a backup/rotation LB, is much better than getting someone new or taking an untested one out of the U23's.
    So having him as backup is great, plus he can play forward up the pitch if needed.

If we progress tonight, I dread playing Real in the final. They've beaten deadly teams to get to the final, it's no easy feat. Plus, they are masters of being bollixxs to disrupt a game. I'd say the kitman is a master of getting grass stains out of the white kits with the amount of rolling around they do in the grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

PropJoe10 wrote: »

Keep Bobby happy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Not sure Mig or Calamity James could even manage a howler like that...
    Never doubt me. I'm well capable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Matchday: Defimitely very excited and really looking forward to tonight. Hope it 's a great night for us.

Going to be a long day in work though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

IF we get to the final and that's a big IF, What will Madrid do with Marcello, ?
    He is so important to there game but that's by leaving his position and galloping on, Which will leave a huge Mo Salah shaped gap . I think who ever wins the battle on our right there left will come out the victors , Again IF we make it there,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Like a lot of ye, this evening can't come quick enough and I'm nervous about how it will all pan out. That said, it's important that we all take a while to appreciate how far we've come and enjoy this - a three goal lead ahead of the second leg of the European Cup semi final.

- remember all of the bitter arguing on here about Benitez's reign during the 2009 / 10 season and the litany of disappointing results that season including the defeat in a European semi in extra time;
    - remember the horrendous summer of 2010, the awfulness of Hodgson's reign;
    - remember the struggles around the future of the club and the tortured court process that saw FSG acquire it;
    - remember that Andy Carroll once played for Liverpool after a £35m deal;
    - remember Stuart Downing (I wish I couldn't);
    - remember the bitter arguing on here about Dalglish's reign and his dismissal;
    - remember all of the arguing and accumulated baggage of having Suarez at the club;
    - remember the bitter arguing about Rodgers during the first and last third of his time in charge;
    - remember the disappointment of just falling short in 2014;
    - remember the compounded disappointment of struggling the following season;
    - remember Basel;
    - remember all of the bitter arguing over transfers and FSG's spending policies and committees, etc;
    - remember all the bitter arguing over Gerrard and how he should be used, whether he should be played, etc;
    - remember losing 6 - 1 to Stoke;
    - remember the disappointment of two Cup Final defeats in 2016;
    - remember all the arguing over Sturridge;
    - remember all the speculation over Coutinho;

We've been through a lot in the decade since we last prepared for the second leg of a European Cup semi final. Two league title tilts that fell short. Five different managers. Two different ownership regimes. Six of Ten seasons out of the European Cup. Countless disappointing defeats or draws when wins were needed and hoped for.

And most of all: a torrent of pure ****e from all quarters telling us we'd never get back here and certainly never get beyond it. :)

Enjoy being back here. It was a long hard road and it feels good, no matter what happens later on. icon14.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

IF we get to the final and that's a big IF, What will Madrid do with Marcello, ?
    He is so important to there game but that's by leaving his position and galloping on, Which will leave a huge Mo Salah shaped gap . I think who ever wins the battle on our right there left will come out the victors , Again IF we make it there,

Why is going into a second leg with a 3 goal advantage regarded as a big "IF"?

Surely it's an even bigger 'IF' for Roma?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement