Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

Who of Liverpool's fowards are better than Messi or Suarez?

Well Salah's goal haul is attributed by many to be a product of the "front 3", I'm not convinced myself. An off form Salah or no Salah and we're fecked IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

x43r0 wrote: »
    I got them at 9/1 yesterday

449822.png

I feel dirty doing it but best case scenario, we're in a CL final.
    Worst case scenario I have some cash to help ease the pain :o

You should have split your 40euro bet on to multiple correct scores that would see Roma through.

Like 20euro on Roma win 3-0 is 22/1 and 4-1 is 33/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Is it time to hit the pub yet, got to laugh at all those saying this Champions League is Liverpool's to lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

What's the latest on injuries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hope we get the job done tonight, the thought of going out is heartbreaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Is it time to hit the pub yet, got to laugh at all those saying this Champions League is Liverpool's to lose

Most people saying that are not Liverpool fans. They are opposition fans hoping to use that sentence against us if we don't win it.

The same rubbish happened in our almost year. Every opposition fans congratulated us and said the league was ours to lose. Only to use those words to mock us.

We will however be in the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I hope all the fans return home tonight/tomorrow relatively unharmed and happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Anyone see the rumours on twitter Henderson is injured
     Probably nonsense but I did notice not pics of him running with the lads in the training pics, Just one of him stood beside Jurgen ,,

Maybe he got Buvac's job...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Mané is too hot and cold for my liking. Needs to be the floating backup next year. We can definitely upgrade him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ballyargus wrote: »
    Mané is too hot and cold for my liking. Needs to be the floating backup next year. We can definitely upgrade him.

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Who of Liverpool's fowards are better than Messi or Suarez?

I think Salah is better than a 31 year old Suarez at this point. You could probably make a decent case for Firmino as well. Suarez only scored 1 goal in 10 games in Europe this season. He's still great but he's probably slightly on the downward slope of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

His work rate and pace are vital to how we play  , The front 3 are perfect for each other no need to mess that up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Firmino's season this year is not that far off Suarez level of 13/14.

Not as many incredible goals but his all round play & 27 goals is nearly just as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There has been some funny sh1t posted on here over the last few days.

MD1990 wrote: »

Not as many incredible goals but his all round play & 27 goals is nearly just as good.

Suarez scored 31 PL goals in 33 PL games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Gini was great in the presser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No way. He's so direct and provides so much space for Salah/Firmino. He's not as clinical as the others granted but scores important goals and I wouldn't swap him for anyone else.

He does have more poor patches, even within games, than Bobby or Mo, but letting him play through those is what brings him into his purple patches. Dropping him for a period could set him back greatly.

But yes, we will have to sign someone who can step in better than Ings and Solanke, although Woodburn and Wilson will play a part next season IMO...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

rob316 wrote: »
    No way. He's so direct and provides so much space for Salah/Firmino. He's not as clinical as the others granted but scores important goals and I wouldn't swap him for anyone else.

I agree while he is not a clinical in front of goal as the others for ye, he is essential to how the front three operate and how the opposition defend, having both Salah and Manes pace on either side really stretches defences and the opposition cannot double up so to speak on Salah. I’m not sure there would be a replacement out there as quick and intelligent in their runs to be an upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would get Zaha in as another forward option.

Would be a similar signing to Mane in 2016.

Gini was great in the presser
    We seems to have a squad of level headed young men,
     I know people will think because I'm a Liverpool fan I'm biased but the likes of Lingard  and Pogba with there stupid dancing and acting like kids in every interview doesn't sit well with me, There grow men ,
    I suppose Moreno and Bobby do there bit of acting the maggot .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Thud

it'll be a good complaint to have but it will be a long 3 weeks to the final if we get past tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Sorry but no. It is nowhere near close enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Sorry but no. It is nowhere near close enough.

Close enough for what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I would get Zaha in as another forward option.

Would be a similar signing to Mane in 2016.

Zaha would cost 50m at least (Mahrez money basically) and yes he has been very effective for Palace charging down the flanks but I suspect if you asked him to look after the ball in tight situations for link up pass and move he'd be far less effective. Also I hate that Rasta variation on the Duane Dibbley hair cut.

Thud wrote: »
    it'll be a good complaint to have but it will be a long 3 weeks to the final if we get past tonight

Need every minute to fix up a few of the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I'd happily take Zaha. He has been having a very good season and think in the hands of Klopp he could go up a few levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Tonight I’d love to hear...’Roma hadn’t conceded at home in the Champions league this season...it’s taken Liverpool less than five minutes to find the back of the net.’

• Advertisement

gafferino wrote: »
    I'd happily take Zaha. He has been having a very good season and think in the hands of Klopp he could go up a few levels.
    I don't think Zaha would suit us, He's very skilful and off the cuff , hes a great player for Palace but raw if you get me he kicks the ball into space and goes after it , 
    We need someone who works well in tight space and is better at link up play , Id love Douglas Costa but no hope

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Tonight I’d love to hear...’Roma hadn’t conceded at home in the Champions league this season...it’s taken Liverpool less than five minutes to find the back of the net.’

I'd be just as happy to hear "Roma are the first team to stop Liverpool scoring an away goal in the Champions League this season, but that makes no difference as they could not score themselves either".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

gafferino wrote: »

I like Zaha too but it has been said that he is a messer like Sakho so Klopp wouldnt entertain him. He is excellent at pressing and hounding defenders though, it is clear that he would slot in nicely to our style of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd be just as happy to hear "Roma are the first team to stop Liverpool scoring an away goal in the Champions League this season, but that makes no difference as they could not score themselves either".

Personally I'd like to hear 'Breaking News: ScarJo will be dropping over to corwill"s gaff with a case of Beavertown Neck Oil to polish off a 13" meat-feast on the final whistle', but each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

On the way home from work and going to straight to get a drink as my nerves can not handle this match :D

Liverpool have proven time and time again that having a multiple goal lead means nothing as we are more than likely to concede those same amount of goals in a late 10 minute window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Funny old game all the same. Sure i've felt nothing but dread since last week and the thoughts of 3 weeks of thinking about nothing but the final keeping me from sleep and any productivity in my daily life but jesus lads I wouldn't change it for the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

I think the referee will have a huge role tonight....especially if they come out kicking. Let's hope he has a bit of backbone...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Jaysus, the nerves...
    The main thought about tonight - apart from all the obvious of how the back deal with long balls into the big fella/can we boss midfield etc - is can they keep it together mentally if Roma do get lucky early on.

We could have a whole thread dedicated to games where we threw away a lead - it's only 1.5 weeks since the West Brom match alone - and so, cliched as it sounds, their mental strength in a hostile environment is just as crucial as everything else, whether its dealing with an early set back or staying focused when in a commanding position...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Really think the WBA game has no bearing on anything tonight. Different defence and team playing with first leg on their mind. It had an impact.

• Advertisement

Imagine the nerves if it was 1-1 , I'm bricking it at 5-2

I think the referee will have a huge role tonight....especially if they come out kicking. Let's hope he has a bit of backbone...

We need a strong ref. The first bad tackle needs a yellow. Then watch them panic that a second yellow means missing a final if they make it...

Tis a sign!

31466843_1636147786499182_4381645869246578688_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=dbf366fdede13b2309357d8388b2d164&oe=5B4F1C24

and another sign!

4c81708351b98c850e43210020aff24b.png

and another sign

165644_10150359336575389_860830388_16764384_6802827_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

heading down to the local again with the brother and brother in law everton and man united fan,barman man u fan aswell so this should be interesting gong to relax with a few pints enjoy the game come what may,feck all we can do as fans only slag like mad if we get there and take one hell of a slagging if we dont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Imagine if we were losing 5-2.

Imagine all the people...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

murpho999 wrote: »
    Really think the WBA game has no bearing on anything tonight. Different defence and team playing with first leg on their mind. It had an impact.

Ok, fair point about the Baggies match, but how often are there posts about being 2 or 3 up and still being nervous about blowing it? Yeah, absolutely, we've had dodgy defensive errors but there's also a mental aspect to it - they are both linked - and if we want to see concrete evidence of progression into a team that are consistent and can maintain control when in a leading position, then tonight's the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Ok, fair point about the Baggies match, but how often are there posts about being 2 or 3 up and still being nervous about blowing it? Yeah, absolutely, we've had dodgy defensive errors but there's also a mental aspect to it - they are both linked - and if we want to see concrete evidence of progression into a team that are consistent and can maintain control when in a leading position, then tonight's the night

I'm less nervous now as van Dijk is commanding the back line and Robertson is there too.

Our defence has improved dramatically since January, look at the stats.

They are more confident now than the back line of Lovren, Matip and Moreno.

Lovren and Karius have also improved with confidence since VVD has come in and I think they will be fine tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Imagine we lose and it turns out Klopp is a total fraud and Buvac really was the mastermind and now he is at Arsenal Imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Imagine we lose and it turns out Klopp is a total fraud and Buvac really was the mastermind and now he is at Arsenal Imagine.

stop_it_hellboy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Imagine if we were losing 5-2.

Imagine all the people...

You may say,I'm a dreamer.. but I'm not the only one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Close enough for what?

This works two ways for me, pumped as fúck for the match now

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement