Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not allowed post on a specific thread.

Options
  • 09-04-2018 3:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

It seems im longer able to post on the Tommy Robinson thread, i havent been warned about any comments i have made. Can a mod please advise.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread moved to the Help Desk as this involves a specific issue, not general feedback.

OP - there are no bans showing on your account. Can you elaborate further on what you mean when you say you cannot post? Are you receiving an error message when you try to post? Or is it the case that you’ve been thread-banned?

Thanks for clarifying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

dudara wrote: »
    Thread moved to the Help Desk as this involves a specific issue, not general feedback.

OP - there are no bans showing on your account. Can you elaborate further on what you mean when you say you cannot post? Are you receiving an error message when you try to post? Or is it the case that you’ve been thread-banned?

Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks for the quick reply, its saying i do not have permission to post. So im assuming its a thread ban but for what i dont know.

Update - I think I have figured it out.

The Robinson thread was moved from AH to the Politics Cafe. The PC is a forum that requires posters to request access before they can post. Details of how you can apply for access can be found below.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057753981

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

dudara wrote: »
    Update - I think I have figured it out.

The Robinson thread was moved from AH to the Politics Cafe. The PC is a forum that requires posters to request access before they can post. Details of how you can apply for access can be found below.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057753981

Thats grand, thank you.

thebull85 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply, its saying i do not have permission to post. So im assuming its a thread ban but for what i dont know.

FYI - it’s not a thread ban. We cannot technically ban someone from a thread in the same way as we can ban them from a forum. If the case that you were told by a mod that you were thread-banned, you can in fact still post (from a technical perspective) but then you would run foul of ignoring a mod instruction.

In this particular case, you cannot post as you do not have posting rights in the PC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement