Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping to Canada from Ireland

Options
  • 09-04-2018 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi all, any suggestions for best way to ship stuff to Canada from Ireland? Not enough to justify using a relocation service, plus they're very expensive and take forever!
    have some household items we'd like to bring with us but looks like it'd be cheaper to buy new ones over there based on some quotes I've seen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

What did you end up doing or are you still on the lookout?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

I went with a Cork based company and it was pretty cheap. Two pallets of stuff I had in hard boxes, all wrapped up with many layers of shrink wrap.

What no one told me is that it can only be delivered to a bonded warehouse and I had to fly to sign my stuff out of Vancouver. Not even collect it, just go to Customs and Immigration and sign a piece of paper that took 30 seconds. Not bad for a $350 flight :/

The pallets then continued via truck to their final destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Ah so Vancouver was not your final destination? Still sucks. In my case it is so sounds like a good plan, I'm really interested.
    How much did you pay overall for that and what was the company may I ask?
    How long did it take door to door?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

It was E395 per cubic meter and took aprox 5 weeks from Ireland to Vancouver. I would just call them and ask as the prices/times may have changed since 2015.
    I'm sure it was these guys http://solutionsforshipping.com/

Advertisement