Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generic App for CCTV access?

Options
  • 09-04-2018 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,798 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all.
    Currently getting around to installing a CCTV system that I've had laying here waiting for me to install for 3yrs!
    Its a 4 channel DVR and will be setup to cover front, back, side and driveway of a bog standard semi-d.
    Its an unbranded chinese import and there is no detail in the manual regarding App access.
    It does have web access console however.
    Will any DVR app work with this setup?
    Is there a recommendation from the more knowledgeable folks here as to the best app available?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is no one app that will do every DVR/NVR
    I fine the different versions of KMEye pretty flexible though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,798 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I got the unit powered up and connected to a monitor and its showing as a DVR-04 with a hardware ID of DM-134.
    So with that info I tried to chase down a new firmware, as the one installed is dated 2013!
    But alas no joy.

I will give KMeye a try and see how it goes.
    Thanks for the steer!

It seems the unit is a Raysharp DVR.
    I have been out of luck in finding any new firmware tho.
    I may get the initial install done and dusted and then replace the DVR with something more secure ASAP.
    There seems to be an issue with Raysharp and many OEMs of same/similar vintage having a hardcoded root password.

Just to close this out.
    Thanks a million to Koolkid for the App recommendation, KMEye.
    I've finished installing the cameras and the app is perfect.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks for the up[date.

• Advertisement
Advertisement