Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assistant Staff Officer interview...

Options
  • 09-04-2018 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have an interview for an Assistant Staff Officer in Tipp County Council and was wondering if anyone has any idea how it will go or any tips to help me! Haven't done an interview in a long time so would appreciate any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I think maybe work and jobs forum or something similar might get you better reply?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Workingmam

Thank you! I'm new to this so still trying to figure it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Ask a mod to move it for you if they see fit.
    Good luck with the job process.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

When is the Interview ?

You need to do a bit of research on the Council - how much they spend, where they get their money, how many planning applications they receive/grant, how many are on the housing list etc. What is the single issue that faces the Council ?
    Know your own job and CV back to front.
    Have an opinion on current issues that affect the Council and national issues and be able to stand over your opinion. It doesn't have to be "correct" but you do need to stick to it !!
    Be able to demonstrate your competencies by way of examples.
    The interview board are there to get the best from you so you need to be prepared to be tested a bit by their questions. Don't get insulted or upset when they ask you difficult questions.

Advertisement