Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-pay top up - No Keypad Number

Options
  • 09-04-2018 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I bought a house recently with an active prepay meter. I'm in the process of setting up a new account but need to top up the meter to allow some builders to do work in the house- unfortunately I don't have the keypad number for the meter and have no way of finding it out. 

Is there any way I can top up the meter??

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi gob00, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

The keypad number can only be given to the account holder.

You mentioned that you are in the process of setting up an account. Can you advise if you are in the middle of a switch to Electric Ireland or if Electric Ireland is the current suppliers at the property?

If you have registered with Electric Ireland, you can get the keypad reference number from us here if you send us a private message.

For account security, we need you to please confirm the following details for us:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)

If you have not already registered with Electric Ireland, you can do so by calling 1850 305 090 from the property with an up-to-date meter reading. Our colleagues may need you to have access to the meter during the phone call.

If you are in the middle of a switch to or from Electric Ireland, you will normally need a deactivation code from the previous supplier. It usually takes the old supplier 24-48 hours to receive notification that a switch request has been made

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gob00

Thanks! PM sent..

Advertisement