Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to PS4, looking for some advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Is the battery life on controllers really this bad? I get a day at best out of a controller after a full charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Shiminay wrote: »
    Is the battery life on controllers really this bad? I get a day at best out of a controller after a full charge.

Yupp afraid so. I tend to go to settings and turn down the vibration if possible. Other than that it's a case of use one, charge the other and swap when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, I find they tend to be about 8-10 hours. It is definitely a huge misstep by Sony and I'm surprised they haven't even released a newer version of the controllers with better battery life (particularly when they released the upgraded version of the controllers with the PS4 Pro).

That said, I don't find it too much of a hassle. Like Zero Cool said, have one on charge, then swap them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp afraid so. I tend to go to settings and turn down the vibration if possible. Other than that it's a case of use one, charge the other and swap when needed.

^ This, and you can turn down the light on the controller too, which will help a little more too.

Duly noted! Thanks folks.

• Advertisement

Right, well all that definitely helped, I'm getting more from the controller now for sure.

Speaking of which, has anyone a recommendation or preference for a second controller? I don't mind a wired one (actually I might prefer it) cause I'm at a desk. I don't fancy €60 on something that will only be used once in a blue moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Right, well all that definitely helped, I'm getting more from the controller now for sure.

Speaking of which, has anyone a recommendation or preference for a second controller? I don't mind a wired one (actually I might prefer it) cause I'm at a desk. I don't fancy €60 on something that will only be used once in a blue moon.

I'd keep an eye out on Amazon Warehouse Deals to get one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-DualShock-Controller-Midnight/dp/B0793FNYPD/ref=sr_1_2?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1527092613&sr=8-2&keywords=PS4+Controller

£37.50 for that one and you'll get free delivery so it'll be a shade over €40 for an official controller. That's where I picked up mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Gamestop do one for €40,it doesnt look great but it would do for a stand in while your main one is charging..

This yoke looks pretty good, I've got a couple of XBox One controllers for my PC so a small dongle takes way less space in my already cluttered flat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,976 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If you're at a desk, why not just use it while it's charging? It's what I do. Have an 8' cable and when I get the notification of low battery, plug it in and continue playing.

• Advertisement

Yea, but I will want a second controller for couch co-op stuff and games of FIFA :)

Advertisement