Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding out registered owner of a business for solicitors letter

Options
  • 09-04-2018 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Hi all

as the title suggests, I need to find the registered business name and owner of a certain business where I need to send a solicitors letter to - it seems the name used on the shopfront / online site etc is not actually registered so we cannot use it.

I have been searching for a long time online but they seem to be well wrapped up - no official business name or owners name anywhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would try getting the info out of them directly but these guys have been very shady to deal with as it is, so I doubt they will give this information.

thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Land registry will give ye the owner for a fee
    can your solicitor not do a search?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

ok thanks. The solicitor said that they can only search the advertised name and that this came back with no official registration..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The companies registration office will tell you all you need to know. It even allows searching by business name.

www.cro.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ok thanks. The solicitor said that they can only search the advertised name and that this came back with no official registration..

I should have clarified, Registry will give you the owner of the property. They maybe different to the owner of the business.

The CRO should be able to give ye the owner of the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mollygreene

Try solocheck.ie and vat-search.ie :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Do they have a actual address you can visit ?

thanks all - they have a unit in an industrial park and there is no actual address that I can find - just an address for the general industrial park and the company's website does not give any more info than that either.

The cro site comes up empty handed on a search for the business name ( the name on the shopfront at the premises.) The cro site actually needs you to input at least two of three search parameters - the address / the company name / the VAT number.

The vat-search site came up with about 5 different companies in different units in that inductrial park, which I then checked on solocheck.ie but they were listed as trading in categories which were not what these guys traded in, so no luck there.

..am beginning to think they just rent cash in hand off someone...
    but I will keep digging anyway, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

WHOIS their domain, that might get you the particulars you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This is what the solicitor should be doing, surely?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I'm guessing that the solicitor has about zero interest in whatever issue you have as unless its a dodgy business, a solicitor's intern could find owners details in no time.

And if its a dodgy business you are wasting time and money.

The easy options are

Cro.ie - company search. Search by company or business name.

Iedr.ie whois search if .ie domain

Planning search in council planning pages - owner of building will show.

Commercial lease register - propertypriceregister.ie

Management company / managing agent of the business park.

Any solicitor that wanted to get a name would be able to do it quickly.

Comm

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

In CRO you can search by registered name or trading name. That should turn up what you need. Solocheck is another useful site.

If you are having trouble finding them, then ring the CRO and ask for their help

Thanks for all your help, we have found the info we needed, thx to this thread. Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement