Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finish my build

Options
  • 09-04-2018 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hey everyone, looking for some advice on my build. Have a ryzen 5 1600, an as-rock ab350 pro, Samsung 250gb ssd and a nzxt s340.

Looking to finish the build off and struggling to decide on gpu, ram and PSU.. oh yeah monitor as well.

I'm not a massive gamer but would like to be able to play games at 1080p not too fussed on anything higher than that. It will be mainly used for design, illustrator, after effects and video editing.. thinking of a gtx 1060 6gb and 16gb 3000mhz ram (that should be ok with the motherboard? Struggling to understand the technical jargon in the manual)

Looking to complete it for 900/1000 euro.. any interesting choices or advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If you can afford it, get a decent air cooler in there as well.
    Looks fine otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    If you can afford it, get a decent air cooler in there as well.
    Looks fine otherwise.

I'd agree. I got a Cryorig H7 for my 1600 (Overclocked to 3.8 GHz) and it runs a lot cooler and quieter under load than the stock cooler. It's not a 100% necessary upgrade though.

If you only want to play at 1080p you could probably save by going with a 1050ti. 1060 6gb is miles better obviously but even with prices dropping they are still over MSRP and the next gen is coming. I'd buy something as a stop gap for now that can play some games and see in the next few months what prices are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

sjoyce87 wrote: »

I'm not a massive gamer but would like to be able to play games at 1080p not too fussed on anything higher than that. It will be mainly used for design, illustrator, after effects and video editing..

Given the above would you consider an ultrawide monitor?
    They're great for gaming but people swear by them for video editing and other media work.

Personally I have the LG29UM68
    On budget end of the ultrawide options.
    My main uses are Gaming and Development and it's awesome for both.

Advertisement