Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 sounds

• 09-04-2018 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭

Hi

See attached file. Few questions on it:

What does the down arrow mean ?
    I Presume the tick mark icon beside the headset means it is the default device?
    What is the difference between "headset earphone" & "headset" & "headphones"?

And then a general question:

What is the difference when you right click on a device between setting a device as "Set as default device " V "Set as default communication device "

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

obi604 wrote: »
    Hi

See attached file. Few questions on it:

What does the down arrow mean ?
    I Presume the tick mark icon beside the headset means it is the default device?
    What is the difference between "headset earphone" & "headset" & "headphones"?

And then a general question:

What is the difference when you right click on a device between setting a device as "Set as default device " V "Set as default communication device "
    1. Down arrow would mean ...DOWN, disconnected, unavailable.
    2. You got this one right.
    3. Difference could be defined like this... or like this
    4. Well... to answer the very last part.... "communication" imply that device can be used for communication....like... between two or more parties...like... require... and has microphone for this... i guess. Otherwise it would be just "playback device"... like headphones. But don't take my word for this...

Sorry for sarcasm, but... , did you try Google it? You can find some like this, and more...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭obi604

1. Down arrow would mean ...DOWN, disconnected, unavailable.
    2. You got this one right.
    3. Difference could be defined like this... or like this
    4. Well... to answer the very last part.... "communication" imply that device can be used for communication....like... between two or more parties...like... require... and has microphone for this... i guess. Otherwise it would be just "playback device"... like headphones. But don't take my word for this...

Sorry for sarcasm, but... , did you try Google it? You can find some like this, and more...

Thank you for the answers. Tried youtube for videos but was not getting the answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Advertisement