Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Date with an Agent Dublin - Opinions

• 09-04-2018 9:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi, the Dublin Literary Festival in Dublin is on the end of May. One event is A Date with an Agent. You apply with appropriate fee sending in a few chapters of your work and a synopsis. I got an email last week say I had been successful and will be having a 15 meeting with a literary agent. I had to buy a €60 ticket which was ok, because there are workshops and information sessions. Today they emailed me to say it was a mistake, and they had sent an email in error to a few people. But I was assured the agent will be looking at my work, but no meeting, and no feedback.

Has anyone had similar experiences or was a genuine mistake?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭km85264

That must be incredibly frustrating. I just got a straight no, was disappointed but now I'm pleased that I didn't get a false yes. They should really refund your ticket and allow you to attend anyway, given it must have been very upsetting for you and they made the mistake. A cynical person - not me, of course - might suggest this was a ploy to push up their sales. I'm sure it wasn't, but a gesture on their part would make it clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭buiscuit2168

km85264 wrote: »
    That must be incredibly frustrating. I just got a straight no, was disappointed but now I'm pleased that I didn't get a false yes. They should really refund your ticket and allow you to attend anyway, given it must have been very upsetting for you and they made the mistake. A cynical person - not me, of course - might suggest this was a ploy to push up their sales. I'm sure it wasn't, but a gesture on their part would make it clear.

That is exactly what I thought.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ask for a refund and they might magically find 15 minutes for you to meet the agent.

Actually, I'd crow about it on Twitter if I were you. They fecked up, it's up to them to rectify it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement