Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new build question on doors

Options
  • 09-04-2018 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

so i purchased a new build in a new estate. i asked the contracted carpenter to A) not put a door on the utility room ( because its too wide when swinging open the door)
    b) quote me for a sliding kitchen door so we can have more open space into big hall

however he says no as he has to have doors on all rooms and all doors must be normal doors, according to the architect

i have no bother paying extra for sliding door. however is this common..he had no bother charging 125 a door xtra when i wanted glass in these “ normal doors “

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

TGD B 2016

Means of escape

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

He will probably be happy to do it after the sale closes. It has to comply with the building regulations on the closing date. After that you can do what you want but you may have to change the door back if you go to sell.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What the lads have already said.
    The sliding door may not comply with TGDB Fire Doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

cheers guys

Advertisement