Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overseas credit check- Not in Europe

• 09-04-2018 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,
    We have applied for a mortgage and are approved in principle however they are now asking for an over seas credit check...why can’t they look it up them self’s? Do they just look at the report n check it’s ok or will I have to wait for them to go back to Equifax and confirm?
    We are waiting on our loan offer n running out of time so just wondering how long it will take once I get the report??
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

They can't just look it up themselves, I presume there is some sort of rules and not anyone can access your credit record. Banks in Ireland would be members of the Irish Credit Bureau so would be entitled to access it with your permission, outside of Ireland they are not going to be members so won't have that access.

I would imagine they just want to see it, doubt they are going to be going back to the provider as presumably they would not be divulging info to a third party anyway.

Advertisement