Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterville/Snugborough street safety

Options
  • 09-04-2018 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hello. I'm close to buying a property in Waterville to live, just half-way up Waterville rd. Seems like a nice area in there and boards.ie history is showing people saying great things about Waterville.

What I'm wondering is, what's the safety like on Waterville rd. and end of Snugborough rd. near the roundabout? I will use public transport a lot so would be walking from bus stop at bottom of Snugborough to 0.5km up Waterville rd. You can get trouble anywhere. But you know what I mean. It's pretty remote and secluded down there; has the look & feel of a place the "lads" would like to head down to hang around at. Does anyone here living in Waterville make this walk regularly?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Yep. Every day. Not a problem. Quietest place ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

I live close to there and pass it everyday on my bike going to work. It's safe.

There will be major road works there next year. The roundabout will be removed. Check out the thread on it here.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057695640. There is also another thread on car parking in waterville.

Basically, it's a safe area but traffic congestion is a bigger worry while waiting on your bus.

Advertisement